Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Special Events

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

Wink WINTERFEST Winter Wonderland Contest Design Tips

I'll update this post as ideas flow in from others and as I work with my Kids on their Winter Wonderland so check back often.

First let review the criteria for jundging (from WebKinz News (Contests – Webkinz Newz – Webkinz Information) - Pay attention to the text highlighted in RED:
Entries are judged on originality and suitability, as well as creative use of W Shop items. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries received. One entry per email address is accepted.

The contest opens at 12:00 a.m. EST on January 23, 2010 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on January 29, 2010.
Since they spell out 'wShop Items' I'd be cautious about using rares, Artie stuff (like the Snow Bernard), Pet Exclusives (like the Crystal Pond or Ice Fountain), or eStore items (like the Snow Fort).

However, use of 'retired wShop items' like the Outdoor Christmas tress should be ok... They don't say current wShop items BUT even with these you are taking your chances. GANZ is trying to make the contest fair for everyone (not just Deluxe Members, Long Time Members or Members who have adopted certain pets).

Items you Can Use in Your Outdoor Winter Wonderland
  • Everything in wShop's 'Outdoors' section
  • Everything in wShop's 'Gardening' Section
  • From Toys: Bunny Clown
You can also place most objects which will sit on tables outside as long as you place them on an outdoor table (you can choose from the Picnic Table, the Yellow Plastic Table and the Strawberry Table).

Tips to Save Money on Your Room
  • If you have an outdoor room start your room by using items you already have.
  • If your really strapped for cash any already have on outdoor room simply strip the room - redocrate it for Winter - take a screen capture - then put things back they way you had them before (rules don't say you have to keep yout Winter Room).
  • Check the Trading Room for outstore stuff.. I just did and their is lots of stuff (seems like my kids people are buying stuff then find that it doesn't work with what they are doing so they are dumpiing stuff in the Trading Room).
  • Don't think of the cost of a new outdoor room as an expense but an investment... After Winterfest plant Carrots and turn the Outdoor Room into a Farm fro Profit (see Gardening for Profit Guide & 2009 Profit Stats. SEE NOTE 08/08/09 UPDATE: Sat, 06.22.09 )
  • If you already have a Vegetable Farm (an outdoor room with 80 or so plants) don't dig it up to use for your Winter Garden - the weeks harvest you will loose over Winterffest could have paid the entire cost of purchasing another outdoor room.
Please do not use RED ink reserved for staff.
Thank you,
Webberlily

Last edited by Webberlily; 02-20-2010 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: New Info
JustDad is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Closed