Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Special Events

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
ladyjedi
Webkinz :)

gdtestqueen is on a distinguished road

Angry Wheel of Wishes Let-Down...

I have no idea where this should be posted, but this looked like the best category. Not really a glitch or problem, more of a complaint or suggestion...

How many of you have waited for your one chance a month to spin the Wheel of Wishes, watched the wheel go round and round and then felt cheated when it landed on a prize of 50 kc, or worse - Recipie Food?

My thought is that if Ganz is only going to put the wheel out once a month, the prizes should be worth the wait. Here's my suggestion:
Take out: 50 kc "prize"; Air Hockey table; Mohawk; and the dreaded Recipie Food.
Add: another spot for 2 tokens; a rare item from the curio shop; Something expensive from the WShop; 500-1000 kc

I know the Ganz user agreement states that there is no entitlement for virtual items. (I know that since I didn't get a token on my birthday as is usual, and when contacted, they said there was nothing they could do.)
But the thing is that most of us have spent a small fortune on Webkinz. I know Ganz has the cost of upkeep for Webkinz World (servers, techs, bandwidth, etc) But what does it cost them to up the prizes? All virtual items are just that - virtual. They only exist in pixels.

I don't know, it's just when the prize came up of 50kc and Amanda Panda said those mocking words "Wow, Great Prize!" - I wondered if the hundreds of dollars spent on Webkinz for myself and my nieces & nephew was really worth it if Ganz can't see fit to offer better rewards.

But, I'm hooked on Webkinz, I just wish they would show some more thought when selecting the prizes for such a rare event.

Thank you for letting me rant

P.S. The least they could do is give Amanda Panda something different to say if you land on Recipie food or 50kc, like "Oh Well, better luck next time"
gdtestqueen is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
Gifted

Nakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Wheel of Wishes Let-Down...

I always wonder why they put those prices on that wheel, too.
Since it offers wishtokens, I feel the other prices should be as rare. So... only rare stuff on the wheel of wishes. You can never please everyone, but I don't feel it's right to give one person two wishtokens, while the other is left with nothing but food or a measly 50 kc...
Old 12-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
hoo-hoo!

Honeybear is an unparalleled talent
Honeybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talentHoneybear is an unparalleled talent

I agree completely, I *hate* getting recipe food.

All the games are like that, though, there are always cruddy prizes mixed in: The Wheel of 20 Bucks -- er, I mean, the Wheel of Wow -- that awful ghost on the vacation ship, the Gak, the recipe foods. There are enough disappointments in real life, why have them on a game that is supposed to be fun (and costs me money to play!)?
Honeybear is offline Female
Old 12-14-2009, 10:39 PM   #4

Star Child is not just visiting!Star Child is not just visiting!Star Child is not just visiting!Star Child is not just visiting!Star Child is not just visiting!Star Child is not just visiting!Star Child is not just visiting!Star Child is not just visiting!Star Child is not just visiting!Star Child is not just visiting!Star Child is not just visiting!

Thank goodness! I'm not alone in how I feel about WOM and some of the other games with cruddy (good word choice, Honeybear!) prizes! You wait and wait for the WOM and all you get is an ugly Mohawk or some food! Geez!!!!! I HATE getting food for a "prize"! I have a great webkinz garden and seldom buy food from the wshop anyway. I sell, for half-price, of course, the food I do win.

Games like WOM, WOW, and the Big Button of Cash (got 15KC on that one time....geez!), should have good prizes and NO food or stupid prizes. Make it fair, and fun for all!!!!

I agree with gdtestqueen, we spend a heck of a lot of money on Ganz items. We deserve to have games where you win a nice prize every time, even if it's just once a month. This idea that there is "no entitlement for virtual items", is just Ganz's way of saying "We'll take your money, but your problems are your problems, not ours." And, like Honeybear said, WW is NOT the real world! There should be no disappointments here. Things should be fair, for all. Real life is hard and full of disappointments enough. Let us have some place where we can be really equal and have fun and no tears or fears. Would that be so hard for Ganz to do?

I just spent two hours looking for Mrs. Birdy in the Club House. NEVER found her!!!!! THAT is stupid! Why make is so hard? Where is the fun in that? I didn't find the Ghost during Halloween, didn't get but a few of the Snow White prizes, I always find the stuipd Ghost on vacation, and the Gem Hunt and Star Challenge are a joke! I wonder why I even bother? Well...my answer is the same as gdtestqueen. I'm hooked on Webkinz! I love taking care of my little pets. It's relaxing and fun. I just wish the "winning" of prizes were more fair.

Oh,well....again...I've vented my thoughts. Hope I offended no one. I just feel very strongly that Ganz should be a heck of lot more fair. It really wouldn't hurt them to do so.

Star Child
Star Child is offline Female
Old 12-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #5
cootie46

colliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wonder

I agree with all of you 100%.....
colliegal is offline Female
Old 12-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
Canstralian!
Gifted

jenga_jane is an unparalleled talent
jenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talent

Webkinz is like every other computer game, and Ganz like every other major company. We got hooked on the game, find a million things wrong with it, rant about hw much money we spend on it, and just keep on playing anyways.

I agree, of course. Recipe food is useless, and 50 kinzcash is a joke. They might as well give you a token for "1 free class at the Kinzville Academy" or something, if it's going to be that low. I mean, we've spent the money on the game, we should be able to have fun with it, shouldn't we?

And Ganz is doing a somewhat better job of this than my former obsession, the Sims 2 (or, I suppose, EA Games) did. But with the e-store, and all the other 'extras' that I need to spend my hard-earned cash on, I wonder if these obsessions are really worth it.

Why don't I ever get addicted to something free!?!
jenga_jane is offline Female
Old 12-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
Nananan is on a distinguished road

Well since this has been brought up....I'm with you!!!
I can't stand the fact that we wait a month for what????
It should definitely be something special and worth waiting for.
My 2 cents.
Nananan
Nananan is offline Female
Old 12-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #8

Miroch52 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I don't see why they don't get better prizes. It only comes once a month and it's called "Wheel of Wishes" do they seriously think that anybody is wishing for recipe food? (that's what I got last time around) I think that everything on it should be special!
Miroch52 is offline Female
Old 12-19-2009, 11:40 AM   #9
Call me Carly (:

tinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talent

Aw, I agree. I mean, maybe there should be only ONE SPOT for a bad gift like 50 KC, just to make it hard.
tinybluesmiley is offline Female
Old 12-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #10
owza! I'm on

chevboy is a glorious beacon of lightchevboy is a glorious beacon of lightchevboy is a glorious beacon of light

Gan z, we didn't know that when you changed the prizes on wheels, you'd turn the W.O.W. to just dumb trash.
Closed