Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Special Events

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

Unhappy How Sad... Only Three Winterfest Items This Year

In 2007 Ganz gave us three food and two gifts:
  • Hot Chocolate Frozen Mug Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Peppermint Snowflake Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Polar Plunge Poster Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Snowflake Sweater Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Snowy Blue Toque Yeah NEW ITEM
In 2008 Ganz gave us 5 food and 7 gifts:
  • Egg Nog Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Hot Chocolate Frozen Mug
  • Peppermint Snowflake
  • Snow Bear Sugar Cookie Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Snow Cone Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Framed Winter Scene Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Fuzzy Winter Slippers Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Googles Ice Sculpture Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Potted Icicle Tree Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Snowflake Sweater
  • Snowy Blue Toque
  • Winterfest Parka Yeah NEW ITEM
In 2009 Ganz gave us 5 food and 7 gifts (same as 2008 but better gifts):
  • Egg Nog
  • Peppermint Hot Chocolate Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Peppermint Snowflake
  • Roasted Chestnuts Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Snow Bear Sugar Cookie
  • Potted Icicle Tree
  • Framed Winter Scene
  • Googles Ice Sculptur
  • Snowflake Rug Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Snowy Blue Toque
  • Winterfest Parka Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Wool Scarf Jacket Yeah NEW ITEM
But in 2010 we only have one food and two gifts:
  • Gingersnap Snowflake Cookie Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Magic W Toque Yeah NEW ITEM
  • Potted Ice Flower Yeah NEW ITEM
Each year had been bigger and better that the year before till now. Did Ganz use of all their creative ideas during the 12 days of Christmas and with Winter eStore ideas?

The kids are real disappointed. by noon they already had the three things for this year with nothing to look forward to for the rest of the week.

If Winterfest had been a single day event (like WebKinz Day) three items would have been ok... but it is a week long event and my Kids aready have all three the first morning.

p.s. What the kids missed most from the assortment this year was either a sweater or winter jacket (since they don't sell winter wear at wShop). They really looked forward each year to getting winter outfits for their pets during Winterfest.

Please do not use RED ink reserved for staff
Thank you
Webberlily

Last edited by Webberlily; 02-20-2010 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: Removing Red ink
JustDad is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #2

Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great
Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great

Default Re: How Sad... Only Three Winterfest Items This Year

I am also really disappointed about this. I wish we could've had some prizes from last year or even the year before. (If that happened, that'll be awesome! ) At least these are new.
Webkinz Mania is offline Male
Old 01-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
MySquirtsquirt
Gift Guru

LuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clownLuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clownLuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clownLuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clownLuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clownLuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clownLuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clownLuvMarshmallow is cool as a bunny clown

It would have been nice having a few more items to work with. Why not pull some of them again from last year? I have no problem with repeated items, especially if it's something really cool!

It may have been because of the 12 days, though. I hadn't really thought about that until you mentioned it...too much programming up until now, so they are taking a break, of sorts...
LuvMarshmallow is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
Grannie17
Gifted
grannie17 is on a distinguished road

hey, maybe each day they will have three different items. who knows. I would like to see the rug come back
Old 01-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #5

loganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all around

I am in total agreement. Very disappointing.
loganace33 is offline Male
Old 01-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
allthatshimmerz

allthatshimmerz has disabled reputation

Winterfest is the one event I've been the most excited about since I first started WW in late Feb '09. Couldn't wait to hear when it was due to start!!

Upon reviewing the quanity of previous years' prizes and checking out their pics on WIKI, I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED that Ganz is only giving out 3 prizes. A whole week of clicking to get a few hundred duplicates of the same 3 items?

In my opinion Ganz is being inexcusably cheap to their customers. Many of us have spent well upwards of $1K or $2K over the course of the year in Webkinz merchandise, virtual eStore items, and Deluxe memberships. How deeply could it possibly hurt their bottom line to throw in a few extra prizes and make this year's Fest as spectacular as in prior years?

Regarding their intent to make additional winter items available at the eStore, that's great but it's not the same. In no way, shape or form does handing over your credit card for even the most spectacular of virtual items come anywhere close to matching the rush of excitement of you get clicking on a snowflake as it drifts across your screen! And the poor kids who have waited and waited for Winterfest aren't able to hand over credit cards. They can only click on snowflakes for THE SAME 3 BORING PRIZES ALL WEEK LONG....

It's my opinion that having a larger prize line-up will not detract from their eStore sales. I believe people will choose to either spend or not spend at the eStore based on the merits of the items available and their prior shopping habits. Simply put, those who routinely shop at the eStore will buy Ganz' winter items and those who don't eStore shop will not be forced into it simply because Ganz decided to be cheap and reduce the number of Winterfest prizes. I do foresee the possibility of certain individuals deliberately not buying the eStore winter items out of disappointment and anger over the cutback of click-to-win prizes.

If Ganz finds themeselves ill prepared for this year's event as some WI members have suggested, a very simple remedy is to repeat some of the items from prior years which are already designed and easily accessible.

3 prizes? ONLY 3 PRIZES?? C'mon, Ganz. You're a better company than that and you know that your devout customers deserve better.

allthatshimmerz is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
Sssssssssss......
Tyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guide

I'm actually glad there isn't as much prizes. Last year, I only got half the prizes because there were so many of them! Why is everyone so negative all the time?
Tyrannus Rex is offline Male
Old 01-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #8
Jenna.....
Banned
WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!

I know, BUT, at least i can get all of them this year.
WebkinzFireFawn is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
Gifted

murphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roost

I know, it's sad.
murphy20071 is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #10
kmoney07
Gift Guru

Jrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to behold

It would have been nice to have more new prizes, but I'm not incredibly disappointed. I think trick or treating and getting the 12 gifts from Ms Birdy (plus a 13th one from Santakinz) makes up for the shortfall this Winterfest. I personally enjoy the clubhouse events and clickable ads more than I do sitting around waiting for leaves, snowflakes, flying pigs, goo-goo berries, etc.
Closed