Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Special Events

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 09:29 PM   #11
Gifted

EHeinze5 knows the way
EHeinze5 knows the way

Default Re: Fall fest a bust !!!!!!!!!! (vent here)

I agree! The first day rocked on the Asian accounts. Hardly anything since...my kids are very upset of not seeing anything.
EHeinze5 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #12
Webkinz :)

MisterGev is an unknown quantity at this point

In all of the Fall Festival, I think I've caught somewhere between 20 and 30 leaves.
It was fun in my opinion... well, not really fun, it was pretty boring, but it's my first "festival/event" on Webkinz...
MisterGev is offline Male
Old 09-23-2008, 09:33 PM   #13

cutiebug343 defies all odds
cutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all odds

I didn't get ANY leaves and it's ending!
cutiebug343 is offline Female
Old 09-23-2008, 10:25 PM   #14
We Love

angelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

Thanks for this thread... And, I'll add my two cents! We're disgusted with the flop of a Festival, as well. My dd has simply given up. She's spent quite a bit of time waiting, and waiting... and over all the days has gotten ONE leaf. Her older brother did go on her account several times and played checkers for two hours at a time - and caught THREE. It's a joke...
And no, I don't think Ganz cares.
It's a shame... They obviously do read WI. The Creative Director did respond in an email to Justin. "Consider the trees shook" ? I think he must have been out in his own back yard shaking trees. WI has thousands of members who are loyal Webkinz customers and literally spend thousands of dollars...
I did send messages via WW, emails to the Webkinz Customer Service, and left a message in the Ganz website guestbook - polite, but to-the-point.
I was hoping being the last day on the Asian accounts it would pick up - it hasn't.
What can we do?
Let's hope for a better snowfall during Winterfest, I guess! (Or, stop buying Ganz products...)
angelgurl1 is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 01:14 AM   #15
pollywog2
Gift Guru

pollywog is a WI addict!
pollywog is a WI addict!pollywog is a WI addict!pollywog is a WI addict!pollywog is a WI addict!pollywog is a WI addict!pollywog is a WI addict!pollywog is a WI addict!pollywog is a WI addict!pollywog is a WI addict!

I got several leaves the immediately after FF started on my Asisan account and then a lesser (but still good) amount on my NA account immediately after midnight the first day. This happens every time Ganz has a "fest". Great first few hours and then it is not even worth your time after that. I have spent several hours in the TR and have traded for about 25 potted elms (big dent in my inventory of exclusives and PSI's now) but that seemed the only way to get any items. I thought after the message of "consider the trees shaken" that things would improve, but they didn't.
pollywog is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 01:35 AM   #16
Gifted
Angel Kinz is on a distinguished road

I totally agree that Fall Fest was a disappointment. We missed Fall Fest last year so we were looking forward to this year's festival but we barely saw any leaves. Once I was on for over 2 hours with 3 windows open but saw absolutely no leaves! What a waste of time. My daughter was definitely disappointed too.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:40 AM   #17

bubbaryan is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree. I missed year's Fall fest, and I've been eagerly waiting for a chance to get some wheat bundles (can't remember the real name), the indoor fall potted tree, and some other decos to finally make a great fall room. I have been online at LEAST four hours every day from the beginning, and through tonight, I have only gotten eight leaves. Six were pumpkin soups, one was a hat, and another a sweater. Tonight I sat online piddling around in the same room for over two hours straight just to make sure I wouldn't miss anything (I've been freaking out everytime I do something like the gem hunt, or academy classes, because I never saw any leaves during those activities and I didn't know if I NEEDED to be in a room to catch them), and NO LEAVES CAME BY. NONE WHATSOEVER. FOR TWO HOURS. Not to mention the rest of the time I spent actually doing my daily activities. I even timed out a few 12-minute stretches with my eyeballs glued to the screen to make absolutely sure a leaf wasn't zooming by while I blinked, but no - nothing!!! I won't have much time to be online tomorrow, so it looks like this Fest has really, truly been an absolute bust, and I'm really disappointed. Perhaps Ganz is spending too much time raking in the cash from their e-store, when they should be out shaking their trees instead.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:00 AM   #18
One Just Ducky
Gift Guru

luvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a hero
luvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a hero

Donation Award 

I've noticed that at the crack of midnight, the day the festivals are to start, the leaves or snowflakes, or whatever flies during a certain festival, start falling fast and furious. On my Asian account, at that time, the leaves were coming every one or two minutes. Same thing with my NA accounts. At the stroke of midnight on the starting day, one to two minuites apart for the wee hours in the morning.

If you are any kind of night owl, at all, or you are on the west coast, I would highly suggest opening an Asian Account. With the time difference, you have access to WW around the clock. A lot of the time, the only time I have on the computer is late night, so the Asian account really works well for me. All you have to do is put one pet on the account and the maintenance takes no time at all. I just added a bathtub battles game and an in-home bowling alley so I have somthing to do while waiting for falling leaves, snowflakes, etc. Plus, everything starts a day early on the Asian accounts, so that's fun. You, also, get another gift on each holiday.

You know, when I read, in the anouncement section of WI, that Ganz said "Consider the trees shaken" I saw that statement in another light. To me it sounded like, Consider the trees shaken = We've already set this up and what you get, you get. Not, Ok we see there is a problem and we've fixed it.
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by luvwebkinz; 09-24-2008 at 02:21 AM..
Old 09-24-2008, 02:20 AM   #19
sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!

I am happy I have an asian acct and I caught some leaves the first night, and was able to give my kids some items, since they got 1 leaf between 2 kids the nest few days.
My DD was so upset she started playing on Club penquin this week. She asked why club penquin nevers breaks? (asking if it was made in america! so it works better).
If the floating items are a problem why does ganz even advertise them?
sisterbear is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 02:24 AM   #20
University Duck

I really feel fortunate. I happened to be playing on the computer at midnight, the day the festival began. The leaves were falling so fast that by the time I logged off an hour later I had collected everything but the framed picture. Since that first night, I only saw four or five leaves fall and was only able to catch one - pumpkin soup. Had I not been on that first night, I would be amongst the disgruntled folks here.
Closed