Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 02:21 AM   #11
Wacky and
Gifted

aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day
aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day

Default Re: Your computer may become unresponsive...

I have a Droid Eris and it doesn't support Adobe Flash 9 which is the minimum requirement for WW.
I am curious if you have ever been able to log into WW from your Droid?
aug2168 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2011, 03:43 AM   #12
webkinzparents
Webkinz :)
WebkinzMom04 is a jewel in the roughWebkinzMom04 is a jewel in the rough

Sooooo, Very sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I have no answers or anything here,but just to say that the FUSTRATION THAT YOU ARE GOING THRU IS UNBEARABLE I KNOW !!

I went thru the very same thing and I hated WW !! I know that is a strong word to use but I just couldn't stand the fact that EVERYTIME !!! NOT JUST HERE OR THERE BUT EVERYTIME I tried to get on WW it did the EXACT SAME THING TO ME !!

We had dial up here and that was a real BIG PROBLEM and I believe that just aided to the problem. I really have no idea what the real problem was just that it really got bad and to the point we hated computers,WW and everything else ....

I haven't had this problem in over 2 years Now , but I also had to get another NEW Computer.
I truely think that its just the programs that are clashing with each other and so after awhile they make the computer unstable and thats where it crashes too.

DON'T GIVE UP !!!! GO BACK TO WHEN AND WHERE THE COMPUTER WAS WORKING FINE. AND SEE IT MAY JUST BE THE ADOBE FLASH!! Re search things and you will find what works for you ...

Praying for you and it will get better
Old 03-25-2011, 06:01 AM   #13
Yipes bunnies

Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all
Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all

View Post Originally Posted by Lolith
Click the image to open in full size.

Ok, so this is what I have been seeing since the Floaty Clicky WKN promotion began...its not only on my laptop, but when I try to log in on my Droid. At first I thought it was my computer which is old and slow, but if I saw it on my Droid, then I tend to think it has something to do w/WW. BUT, I haven't gone to WKN on my Droid.

So my question are these!:

Has anyone else seen this lately?
(after this I tend to get "Oops, we cannot connect to WW, please come back again and try later")

Do you think it is a glitch or just bad luck on my end? I have cleared my cache, shut down, restarted, moved all my photos to an external hard drive, defragged the memory (DH is a computer engineer)...deleted other unused apps...

Should I just give up? I can't do my jobs, KA or run my Hamsters AT ALL!!!

Help!
there hve been a bunch of error messages coming up lately.
adobe has crashed a few times lately and i have got messages from
adobe that there is a up-date to install. i do the install. guess Adobe is having problems there. seems i crash Adobe when i am changing items very fast. i think the problem is speed.
Lucy Hippo is offline Female
Old 03-25-2011, 06:37 AM   #14
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

bangkokyankee knows the way
bangkokyankee knows the waybangkokyankee knows the way

Lolith

I feel your pain because I get this SOOOO MUCH I now accept it as the price to play webbies

I usually use firefox and if the script thing comes up many time I couldn't even click yes or no which meant I had to X out of FF and then start again.

my laptop is ancient in comp years so I'm guessing that's part of the problem -

I've been trying to decide if I want to try Safari out - I use Chrome also but don't really like the way the windows work
does anybody that uses Safari get the same problem ??

hope you can find a solution -if you do share
Old 03-25-2011, 06:42 AM   #15
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

I used to get that message ALL the time when I used Explorer and Firefox (which I had installed because everyone said FF was better for WW and I grew to love it even though I never wanted it to begin with)...

I began getting a random loggout glitch which I was plagued with for about 3-4 months...I finally tried google chrome one last time, and realized that it got rid of my logout glitch...And since I've used it I have not gotten that script error either...The downside though is chrome gives you the "floating items in your dock" glitch-but that is not nearly as bad as the others....
dragonbird is offline Female
Old 03-25-2011, 06:57 AM   #16
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

bangkokyankee knows the way
bangkokyankee knows the waybangkokyankee knows the way

So far I haven't seen anybody post that uses Safari

the "floating dock items " isn't too bad BUT it caused me to open a gift basket I was saving lol -I love the basket graphics - doesn't everybody have old baskets in their dock
Old 03-25-2011, 06:57 AM   #17
Summer, come back!

kawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comrade
kawee is a saintly comrade

I get this when the traffic is really high on WW. I do the really bandwith crunching things like the hamsters early in the morning or late at night.
Sorry, no help here.
kawee is offline Female
Old 03-25-2011, 08:16 AM   #18
I miss you, Red
Gift Guru

Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered
Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered

View Post Originally Posted by k9jenn
Do you have the newest version of flash? If you don't that could be the problem. I hope you're able to play again soon!
I just downloaded the newest version of flash this morning...crossing my fingers...thanks so much for your help!

View Post Originally Posted by aug2168
I have a Droid Eris and it doesn't support Adobe Flash 9 which is the minimum requirement for WW.
I am curious if you have ever been able to log into WW from your Droid?
Hi! I actually got in once...after the systemwide update at the end of last year (though it cycled through people I know...not everyone got the Droid update at the same time) So, then we waited for Droid to support Adobe. I was able to log in (vs. prior attempts when I just got that "you need Adobe" in the Log in screen) this last time, but saw the Adobe error. Possibly I just need an updated version. Mine is not a Droid Eris...I think it is just Droid for Verizon (?)

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzMom04
Sooooo, Very sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I have no answers or anything here,but just to say that the FUSTRATION THAT YOU ARE GOING THRU IS UNBEARABLE I KNOW !!

I went thru the very same thing and I hated WW !! I know that is a strong word to use but I just couldn't stand the fact that EVERYTIME !!! NOT JUST HERE OR THERE BUT EVERYTIME I tried to get on WW it did the EXACT SAME THING TO ME !!

We had dial up here and that was a real BIG PROBLEM and I believe that just aided to the problem. I really have no idea what the real problem was just that it really got bad and to the point we hated computers,WW and everything else ....

I haven't had this problem in over 2 years Now , but I also had to get another NEW Computer.
I truely think that its just the programs that are clashing with each other and so after awhile they make the computer unstable and thats where it crashes too.

DON'T GIVE UP !!!! GO BACK TO WHEN AND WHERE THE COMPUTER WAS WORKING FINE. AND SEE IT MAY JUST BE THE ADOBE FLASH!! Re search things and you will find what works for you ...

Praying for you and it will get better
You do not know how much I needed to hear that. Isn't it funny that I could feel actual despair over pixels? I think if it were not for WI, I would have given up on WW a while ago! What fun is something if you can't share it w/anyone!?? Thanks for sharing your story. I know we need a new computer. I am SO hoping that our tax return gives us enough to get one! Fingers crossed!
View Post Originally Posted by bangkokyankee
Lolith

I feel your pain because I get this SOOOO MUCH I now accept it as the price to play webbies

I usually use firefox and if the script thing comes up many time I couldn't even click yes or no which meant I had to X out of FF and then start again.

my laptop is ancient in comp years so I'm guessing that's part of the problem -

I've been trying to decide if I want to try Safari out - I use Chrome also but don't really like the way the windows work
does anybody that uses Safari get the same problem ??

hope you can find a solution -if you do share
I have recently tried both Safari and Chrome, but various problems with each made me go back to IE. A couple of times I logged in with Firefox, but the screen was cut off. I tried to update Safari and the update would not take for some reason. Its probably a combination of my ancient laptop and whatever floaty clicky scripts are doing to Adobe! Thank you so much and I will get back with you when/if I survive this!!!

View Post Originally Posted by dragonbird
I used to get that message ALL the time when I used Explorer and Firefox (which I had installed because everyone said FF was better for WW and I grew to love it even though I never wanted it to begin with)...

I began getting a random loggout glitch which I was plagued with for about 3-4 months...I finally tried google chrome one last time, and realized that it got rid of my logout glitch...And since I've used it I have not gotten that script error either...The downside though is chrome gives you the "floating items in your dock" glitch-but that is not nearly as bad as the others....
Thanks for the info on the floating items! My friend was telling me it was happening on her computer and now I know I can tell her that it is unique to Chrome!

I think I will try Chrome and FF again...just to appease my frustrated self!!! Seriously, I am having trouble getting FRs to go through! <screams> LOL! Good to hear from you Dragonbird!

View Post Originally Posted by kawee
I get this when the traffic is really high on WW. I do the really bandwith crunching things like the hamsters early in the morning or late at night.
Sorry, no help here.
no problem! you were sweet to share your helpful info with me!

You are all awesome!
Lolith is offline Female
Old 03-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #19

WebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comrade
WebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comrade

WI Subscriber

I just had this happen to me on FF while trying to do the Academy Language class. Now I can't get into WW at all. I need to restart my browser.

It happens to me frequently, but usually when I click NO, it responds. Today I got a complete crash.

Also, the floating dock items happens on FF, too, not just Chrome.

Good luck and hang in there! I hope it gets cleared up for you soon.
WebkinzMomma2 is offline Female
Old 03-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #20
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

Whenever someone here is using the workstation, and someone else wants to play with them on WW by logging into our laptop, the laptop always attempts opening up the site with the same error as described above: "A script has become unresponsive blah blah..."

We usually get this message twice and then the site logs us out and crashes. Then we immediately try logging back in and usually it works the second time. It takes us 10 minutes just to log on every day while we wait for this to happen. It just started happening approximately 1 month ago.

I believe what is going on is that some GANZ-generated scripts are running while the site loads to snoop your operating system for opportunities to put up animated Flash ads. This takes time and on a system without a lot of resource available for junk like that, it will spin, find out that it can't run those annoying ad plugs, and then return a message to GANZ that you haven't got "1234" installed. This is why the second time you log in, a cookie has been created on your system and GANZ just loads the site as is, without the 'embellished' flash ads (or whatever they're trying to plug on your system). Marketing is a big focus of WW nowadays.

So I wouldn't worry. We have the most updated version of Flash on our laptop and it still does this, inferring that the "Script" is looking for something else, aka the Operating System or RAM available for surface animations or ads.
likmfurry is offline Male
Closed