Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
I miss you, Red
Gift Guru

Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered
Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered

Unhappy Answered: Your computer may become unresponsive...

Click the image to open in full size.

Ok, so this is what I have been seeing since the Floaty Clicky WKN promotion began...its not only on my laptop, but when I try to log in on my Droid. At first I thought it was my computer which is old and slow, but if I saw it on my Droid, then I tend to think it has something to do w/WW. BUT, I haven't gone to WKN on my Droid.

So my question are these!:

Has anyone else seen this lately?
(after this I tend to get "Oops, we cannot connect to WW, please come back again and try later")

Do you think it is a glitch or just bad luck on my end? I have cleared my cache, shut down, restarted, moved all my photos to an external hard drive, defragged the memory (DH is a computer engineer)...deleted other unused apps...

Should I just give up? I can't do my jobs, KA or run my Hamsters AT ALL!!!

Help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpgUnresponsive.jpg (72.8 KB, 115 views)

Last edited by Lolith; 03-24-2011 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: adding comments
Lolith is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by likmfurry
Whenever someone here is using the workstation, and someone else wants to play with them on WW by logging into our laptop, the laptop always attempts opening up the site with the same error as described above: "A script has become unresponsive blah blah..."

We usually get this message twice and then the site logs us out and crashes. Then we immediately try logging back in and usually it works the second time. It takes us 10 minutes just to log on every day while we wait for this to happen. It just started happening approximately 1 month ago.

I believe what is going on is that some GANZ-generated scripts are running while the site loads to snoop your operating system for opportunities to put up animated Flash ads. This takes time and on a system without a lot of resource available for junk like that, it will spin, find out that it can't run those annoying ad plugs, and then return a message to GANZ that you haven't got "1234" installed. This is why the second time you log in, a cookie has been created on your system and GANZ just loads the site as is, without the 'embellished' flash ads (or whatever they're trying to plug on your system). Marketing is a big focus of WW nowadays.

So I wouldn't worry. We have the most updated version of Flash on our laptop and it still does this, inferring that the "Script" is looking for something else, aka the Operating System or RAM available for surface animations or ads.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
Gift Guru

curiousg has disabled reputation

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 
Default Re: Your computer may become unresponsive...

I do get this error message a lot. I choose "no" - if you choose yes, you will end whatever you trying to do on webkinz. (I often get this message at kinzville during the "language" class. Usually the computer does respond & I am able to finish the class when I click "no".)

That's just my experience, and hopefully someone else can give you more information.
curiousg is offline Female
Old 03-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
I miss you, Red
Gift Guru

Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered

View Post Originally Posted by curiousg
I do get this error message a lot. I choose "no" - if you choose yes, you will end whatever you trying to do on webkinz. (I often get this message at kinzville during the "language" class. Usually the computer does respond & I am able to finish the class when I click "no".)

That's just my experience, and hopefully someone else can give you more information.
Good to hear from you Curious!!!!

That is very helpful to know...this has only just started happening to me, and it only happens when logging on! The first number of times I clicked "yes" because I was afraid, but even when I click "no" sometimes I get nowhere. Then the delays and inability to move objects in and out and around in rooms, etc etc are just maddening!

And it seemed to correspond to the floaty clicky promotion - after HOP trailers...I think it began w/the Zodiac Costumes actually.

It is all I can do to log in and go to a room and go to my dock or send anything! Much less play! <whining>.
Lolith is offline Female
Old 03-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
Packerdan205
Webkinz :)

Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!

I get this after I do a job sometimes, but not that often. It has something to do with the WW animations causing Adobe to mess up. I don't thinke it has anyhting to do with the Floaty Clicky event. I always hit "No" and it continues to let me play w/out a hitch
Packerdan is offline Male
Old 03-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
Emmakinz97

Emmakinz97 is a jewel in the roughEmmakinz97 is a jewel in the rough

I get this a lot, if i press no , it says not responding, and if i put yes, it closes. So i have to close all windows and refresh then it works.
Emmakinz97 is offline Female
Old 03-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

It's a Flash player issue, and will cause Flash to crash in turn crashing WW. Happens to me not only using FF, but IE, mostly when loading my dock/Wshop. I've never seen it do that on WKN or during floatie/clickies.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 03-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
I miss you, Red
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
It's a Flash player issue, and will cause Flash to crash in turn crashing WW. Happens to me not only using FF, but IE, mostly when loading my dock/Wshop. I've never seen it do that on WKN or during floatie/clickies.
Oh! That is good to know...I did recently download the latest Adobe update though...but I think it was after I first got this dialog box. I only use IE.

I should have been more clear that this was not actually while was on WKN, but it seems that everytime when I am logging in, the thing that pops up after it finally (finally finally finally) works is that the BIG huge HOP box has announced that I have received a prize (whether it was a HOP prize or floatie clickie...)

I am so worried that there is nothing I can do to play WW properly!!! I am just crossing my fingers, toes and eyes that once the promotions are over it will go back to normal??

Thank you so much for responding!
Lolith is offline Female
Old 03-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
oooow

Lanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comrade
Lanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comrade

It usually happens a lot... Cause like Jennielou said, its a Flash Player Issue. Sometimes my Adobe crashes too. So your not alone Its annoying though, so i don't really don't know how to fix it. Its just like that i guess.
Lanawas is offline Female
Old 03-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #9
TheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by curiousg

I do the exact same thing, this happens to me every time I use Chrome or Firefox.
TheFlamedance is offline Female
Old 03-25-2011, 01:54 AM   #10

k9jenn is just really nicek9jenn is just really nice

Do you have the newest version of flash? If you don't that could be the problem. I hope you're able to play again soon!
Closed