Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Thumbs up Unanswered: Are you having pop-up problems a suggest from a WI friend worked!

A helper: If you are having trouble with pop-ups... and Trojan malware here on WI , has it been driving you bonkers?

Well, another member here on WI provided a very important help, but I do not think she realized it at the time because it was just during a basic post yesterday. I wish I remembered her name But She gets a great BIG Thanks !!
So, here it is- - - try installing the update for Internet Explorer 7 to the new IE8, it has a blocker built in and also an automatic reporting system built in to report those ads and sites that they are coming from so they can stop the ads.
I read others have tried it and it worked for them, so I did It yesterday and so far today no pop-ups or ads here on WI, and if one slips thru I'll report it.
I love visiting here and don't want the ads to be the reason I stop.
Good Luck to ALL & Hope this Helps.
a3doglife is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

Default Re: Are you having pop-up problems a suggest from a WI friend worked!

That's good advice. I know some people have a lot of trouble with the pop ups. I do on some sites but have never had any here on WI. Funny thing though...as soon as I clicked your thread my computer blocked one. LOL That was a first for me. Of course I have the reg ads but no pop ups (until just now) lol

I hope your advice works for others who have this problem though. We don't want anyone leaving WI
blessedx5 is offline Female
Old 03-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
A Meditating
Gift Guru

meowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wonder

I have never had a problem with pop-ups in here, just the regular ads on the forum sides and top. I have firefox mozilla- which has a pop up blocker, vista, which also does, and norton's which also does. BUT even on the old computer, which only had firefox and a very out dated virus software we were not getting the pop-ups, so I guess mozilla was doing us some good!
meowsrus is offline Female
Old 03-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
roverbono on

dizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to behold

Great advice! It's not happening to me, but I would love to see what people are thinking about this.

That's nice of you to help!

- Ciara
dizzyfish101 is offline Female
Old 03-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
4 Accts. please ask

KaileysMommy has a spectacular aura about

ok I updated mine but I don't know how to turn on the ad blocker. I am still seeing ads on WI.
KaileysMommy is offline Female
Old 03-25-2009, 05:08 PM   #6

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Thumbs up Re: Are you having pop-up problems a suggest from a WI friend worked!

View Post Originally Posted by KaileysMommy
ok I updated mine but I don't know how to turn on the ad blocker. I am still seeing ads on WI.
no need to turn anything on it is automatic site checking, but if you want to change the settings click on tools and you will see the new settings you can change etc. we will still see the ads but no pop ups or warnings , I have been clicking around on WI most of today and not 1 pop up just the ads around the side of the page shows

View Post Originally Posted by meowsrus
I have never had a problem with pop-ups in here, just the regular ads on the forum sides and top. I have firefox mozilla- which has a pop up blocker, vista, which also does, and norton's which also does. BUT even on the old computer, which only had firefox and a very out dated virus software we were not getting the pop-ups, so I guess mozilla was doing us some good!
I also use firefox but you should update you virus protection to keep out the malware viruses. you will still see warnings with firefox but it will block most. Malware is the sneeky kind that attaches in hidden folders & tries to change your bowser and copies every keystroke,password etc.

View Post Originally Posted by blessedx5
That's good advice. I know some people have a lot of trouble with the pop ups. I do on some sites but have never had any here on WI. Funny thing though...as soon as I clicked your thread my computer blocked one. LOL That was a first for me. Of course I have the reg ads but no pop ups (until just now) lol

I hope your advice works for others who have this problem though. We don't want anyone leaving WI
that is what made me aware too, I was clicking on a thread for the WI birthday contest and the WI home , other threads the more I searched WI the more it happened. tha't when I knew something was up I posted the pics of the warnings yesterday. saw lots of other complaints too. thank goodness nothing now

Last edited by a3doglife; 03-25-2009 at 05:08 PM..
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 03-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
Yeah! I am
Gifted

Gr8stmom will become famous soon enough

I upgraded to IE8 a little over a week ago. I have had the browser close on WI many times, saying that it was to protect my computer. So far this is the only website I have had that happen to.

Even when I had IE7, I had a pop-up blocker and I also do not automatically allow 3rd party cookies. When I have a website that wants to add a third party cookie, I take note of that cookie and manually go in and block it for good.
Gr8stmom is offline Female
Old 03-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #8

bigtoe has a spectacular aura about

Sometime during the last month, I also have noticed pop-ups for the first time, as well as my PC becoming dreadfully slow. I saw the thread the original poster referred to and started to look into spyware and adware.

As a result, I've installed "Spybot Search and Destroy" (be careful NOT to get spywarebot - it is the very thing you're trying to prevent getting onto your computer). When I have time today, I will install "Ad-Aware SE personal" and "HijackThis". I will also be purchasing sometime time of subscription to prevent spyware/adware/any malware (malevelant software). I already have Norton AntiVirus.

I knew nothing about this before googling a bunch of PC magazines and websites yesterday, so unfortunately I can't give any more detail than what I already provided.

These intrusions on your PC can be serious. They record your keystrokes (like your pin numbers and passwords to bank accounts, credit cards, etc) as well as take screenshots of your personal id, making it available to whoever is up to no good. I am not doing anymore online purchasing or banking until I get everything installed that I mentioned earlier.

I also forget the name of who mentioned Spybot, but many thanks to him for getting me started in the correct direction.

I wish the administrators would address this problem as it is serious, seems to be widespread among WI's users, and seems to be coming from one or more of the ads they have on their website.

Last edited by bigtoe; 03-26-2009 at 07:43 AM..
bigtoe is offline Female
Closed