Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 04:00 PM   #31
Webkinz :)
lauren_rox is on a distinguished road

Default Re: "You have used a word that is not allowed"

the same thing happened to me! my words were exclusive room 5 and 6!*
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2007, 09:04 PM   #32
JellyFishJam is an unknown quantity at this point

My yorkie's name is Yuki, but it siad that name isn't allwoud?
Old 11-18-2007, 10:46 PM   #33
mamamac69 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am having the same problem with trying to name rooms for my daughters webkinz. After we registered the black bear we named it rosie, and trying to add the name rosie's room it kept saying it wasn't allowed we had use a inproper word? How can using a persons name being inproper? After playing around with different spellings for rosie it finally aloowed me to use rose room. Now it is doing the same thing with our other 2 webkins it won't except thier name. One is called chichi and our newest addition is called lucy, but it won't let us use those names to name the rooms. Any ideas as to what to do.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:51 PM   #34
Gift Guru
-Bella- will become famous soon enough

I think there is a glitch, because that has been happening to me too!

I actually came to this page because this is the same thing I was going to complain about!

I have had this problem the past 2 times I have made new rooms. I have tried typing in the word Egypt, and it turned it down, then I tried Marco's Room and it turned it down. So right now my Egyptian room's name is 'Room' and my Seal's room's name is "seal room"

I am rather frusterated with this to tell you the truth :/
Old 11-18-2007, 11:03 PM   #35
andy0323 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is what was mentioned before, Ganz is saying that they are "working on a Dictionary". I had this problem and contacted Ganz several times. Each time they responded the same about this new dictionary thing. The message will come up even if you try to rename a room with the same name it already has, it is working the same as a filter until they are done.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:59 AM   #36
I like to eat
rocksnpebbles is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried the name Nate and Twilight but only Twilight worked
Old 11-19-2007, 05:05 PM   #37
jaspercasper1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have tried those to and parking lot isn't alllowed etheir i really dont know why
Old 11-19-2007, 05:06 PM   #38
kxk0 is on a distinguished road

Yeahhh Thats what happened to me i tried saying Paradise Room and it wouldn't let me
Old 12-02-2007, 08:55 AM   #39
Lil Kinz
mistoffolees is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got an email from Webkinz. Apparently, in their view, it's not a bug - it's a feature.

They have a very limited dictionary and you can only use words from that dictionary. I don't know about you, but my daughter names all of her rooms after the pet. So if she has a pet named Ebenezer, the room would be Ebenezer's Room. With 50+ Webkinz, that's the only way to keep track. That's no longer allowed (unless she limits her pet names to Webkinz-approved names). So it's not a 'blocked list', it's an 'allowed list'.

This is an insanely stupid idea. First, it doesn't make sense to limit her rooms to names that Webkinz approves. Second, their excuse is that it ensures the safety of the kids. I'm still trying to figure out how it affects me is some stranger wants to name their room something offensive.

Please write to Webkinz and tell them what a bad idea this is. For our part, the 50+ Webkinz my daughter has will be her last until they fix this. She's already given up on registering any of her existing pets (she has 5 more left to register) because she can't keep their rooms straight. Maybe if enough people complain, they'll let people choose their names.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:36 PM   #40
Gift Guru
rubygooby is just really nicerubygooby is just really nice

I agree with you. If they are going to limit room names to a set dictionary- then at the very least they should ADD webkinz names to the dictionary if someone is allowed to adopt a pet and name it that name! (in other words- they should disallow offensive words to be used for webkinz names when they are adopted- if they did that, then every name that IS deemed allowable and the pet is adopted with that name- then their name should automatically be added to the dictionary where they can name the room after the webkinz if they want!)

I think the problem with some of the "not allowed word" is the 's - because I have found that with some webkinz you can put the name of the webkinz but if you add 's to make it possessive (ie: sally's instead of sally) then the word won't work. It won't allow numbers or other items- only letters. But some words are ridiculous. Like it won't even let you put one, two, three like spelling out the number. I finally had to resort to naming my garden yards "first garden", "next garden", "last garden" just to differentiate between them!

It wouldn't let me put laboratory for my future science room but it let me name it future lab. They need to expand that dictionary a bit. I had one room that was assigned when I adopted the pet- it said ____'s room but when I tried to change it to another bigger room- it now won't allow the pet name ____'s room. So it will allow the pets name when THEY automatically give you a room, but it's not an approved name for a room when you do it on your own! This obviously causes problems for those that have so many webkinz they don't even get a free room anymore. (which brings up another pet peeve of mine, no pun intended. I think that no matter how many webkinz you have you should get a free room with each pet! Why punish those that have purchased more webkinz than others!? It doesn't make sense!)