Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 06:32 AM   #21
rienvent♥
Webkinz :)

penguin1 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Would Webkinz plushies get stolen in a car?

they probably wouldnt
penguin1 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2008, 07:28 AM   #22
Gifted

cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

I think the chances of getting robbed are kinda like the chances of fishing. I live in a town where this is little crime, yet I got robbed. My aunt lives in a crime--filled city yet (knock on wood) has never been robbed. People leave their webbies out and never have trouble. Someone has a car or house broken into and all that's stolen is spare change or something cheap and silly. I think it depends on where you are, when you are there, what you have that looks enticing, and who happens to see it. Like fishing, if you are in a boat and in a pond where there are a GAZILLION fish jumping out of the water, but you have no fishing pole, you won't catch any fish. If you are in a pond with only a few fish but have the right bait and the fish are hungry at that time, you will catch alot fish. However if you at at time when the fish aren't hungry and you have the wrong bait and are in the wrong spot, you could spend all day there and not catch anything.
The same goes for theft I think. If you have something somebody wants and they see a chance to take it, they will probably take it. (The fact it may or may not have tag don't matter. A thief has only a few seconds to decide if they want to go through with the crime, they are going to spend those seconds looking around to see who's watching them and how easy it is to break the window, open the door, and run. They are not going to be spending those seconds deciding if something may or may not have a tag. A friend of mine had her car broken into and her cd's stolen. Change purse was still on the seat, and the GPS navigation ws on the dashboard. But they stole the cd's. what were the cds'? ironicaly something that isn't worth anything to anyone else really. She's into meditation so the thief walked away with things like "Bird Calls of the Rainforest,' "Waves around Australia" and a hommade cd of her cat meowing. The point is, the crook didn't waste time looking to see EXACTLY what they were taking just saw that the CD's were easier to grab than unhooking the GPS and ran.
So I guess the question you have to ask yourself is, can you live with the WORST thing that could happen- that being your webbies get stolen, or that yes they WILL fade. If the answer is yes, then go for it. If the answer to either is no, then I think you should go with the alternative and leave them in the trunk as somebody suggested.
Good luck!
Old 04-19-2008, 08:13 AM   #23
1kibbles

I don't think they would get stolen... but still you never know.

Clip off the tags for sure, otherwise people WILL want them.

It also depends where you live, if you have robberies or not.....

That would be really cute though.....

Don't worry, and do it if you want to!
Old 04-19-2008, 08:21 AM   #24
xox elf

I personally don't think they will get stolen. I don't think anyone would break into a car just for one Webkinz when they can pay the chepa $14 for one of their own.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:26 AM   #25
kitjess
Gifted

webkinzlover04 is an unknown quantity at this point

i really don't think it would be a problem but i still hide them under a towel when i go to the mall so for your safest bet you could do that just throw a blanket over them and tell your kids they are taking a nap lol hope i helped
webkinzlover04 is offline Female
Old 04-19-2008, 08:26 AM   #26
Gift Guru

dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!

cool idea!! as long as your car is locked and you dont have super super rare webkinz in the car i think your webkinz will be safe!!
dreamb97 is offline Female
Old 04-19-2008, 08:49 AM   #27
Gifted

loverofwebkinz is a jewel in the roughloverofwebkinz is a jewel in the rough

I don't think anyone is going to break in for a stuffed animal even with the tags on. It's not worth it to them unless it is like a cheeky dog or one of the ones that sell a lot on e-bay. Thieves look for things like cell phones, wallets, purses or if they see money laying around in the car. Things that will bring them some kind of money.

Not to worry, especially since they have the tags removed.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:43 AM   #28
koala961
Webkinz :)

koala9612 is on a distinguished road

If there just the ones that have been out for awhile and not retired they should be fine
Old 04-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #29
1MamaWebkin
Gift Guru

1MamaWebkin has a brilliant future1MamaWebkin has a brilliant future1MamaWebkin has a brilliant future1MamaWebkin has a brilliant future1MamaWebkin has a brilliant future

Thanks everyone, lots of good advise. I appreciate it.
1MamaWebkin is offline Female
Old 04-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #30
phuzz. Call me m00
Gifted

m00c0w is a jewel in the roughm00c0w is a jewel in the rough

nah, i don't think so.
m00c0w is offline Female
Closed