Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 11:18 AM   #31
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Word not allowed!

View Post Originally Posted by amylh75
I am also frustrated by words not allowed either in naming rooms or kinz chat. It makes it hard to specify what you are looking for. I did notice a interesting name for a pet in the trade room last night and wondered how it made it through the censor. Ghetto Babies. How does that work? I can't say box or month and you can have a name like that?
I am really not like their language filter very much at all! It allows very little to go through, very, very tight. If we had this type of filter on here, I wouldn't be here. I find it, not only frustrating, but tiresome as I go through my THESAURUS to explain a sentence to someone.
It also appears that if you type too many words that show up red, your send ability is 'suspended.' At least that is what happened to me. Three strikes and you're out. I think I tried to use the word, 'One, Husky and Action' after that I couldn't send any more messages. Kind of like it was automatically disabled.
Dixiecup is online now Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2008, 11:35 AM   #32
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

The way GANZ has created their filter is the opposite of what you all are thinking. Basically they have a list of ALLOWED words, not NOT ALLOWED words. The problem with this, of course, is that the only words that end up on there are words that they have thought of to include or deliberately leave off of it.... and this means creative pet names aren't allowed because they're not on the list. When I spoke to an agent on the phone once I asked about this, it was verified.

So the reason you can't name your room "Conservatory", or "Planetarium" is because the list creator at GANZ doesn't have a very big vocabulary.

This is the same way the list is used in Quizzy's. Several times I have played that game and tried legitimate words (especially 8-letter ones to net me a big score) and it won't allow them even though there's absolutely nothing wrong with the words.... it's because nobody thought to use big words when they made up the list (but success at the game relies on big words... so go figure).
likmfurry is offline Male
Old 08-21-2008, 11:35 AM   #33
Webkinz :)
gtownglitter is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks so much for the tips on using "Egyptian"! it worked! although it makes me sad b/c i don't like to use capitals but oh well. i just went to try renaming my one room from "ancient and medieval" to "hail and huzzah" and it let me. really? they let me use "huzzah" but they won't allow "library"? ranDOM.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #34
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

likmfurry, I think the reason it was geared that way was the ORIGINAL purpose for Webkinz was not rated 'E' for everyone, but more like a 'Kids only' type of zone. WE are the ones who made it into the site it is with all the demands. Some of the things HAVE, indeed, evolved, but a lot of the original games are still not quite up to speed. That is the reason a word like 'VOLATILE' stops at the 'L' Most kids in the intended age range don't use words of that caliber.
Dixiecup is online now Female
Old 08-21-2008, 11:41 AM   #35
Just another

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

I tried to name my dragon Ponelope and I made sure it was spelt right......didn't work! I know what you mean I really wanted that name because I think that is the dragon in Barbie or something. . . any way same with rooms
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 08-21-2008, 11:45 AM   #36
I outgrew my

spearmint is a name known to allspearmint is a name known to allspearmint is a name known to all

Lol, my friend couldnt name her googles Scooter! And that is something in the W shop! I find this extremely odd. It wouldnt let me name my pet Max, and I KNOW i've seen other pets named Max, so its just odd.
spearmint is offline Female
Old 08-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #37
Gifted

Emloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Tango
I haven't had trouble naming my webkinz, although it wouldn't let me name my garden the Garden of Eden, or my library, library, I had to name it Book Room. Wow, this is really strict, I didn't know they wouldn't allow Penelope. Maybe it's cause pene means something inappropriate in spanish, but still, it can't be that.

---------- Tango added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

I read somewhere that they wouldn't allow Buttercup, cause of the first four letters.

I have tried a few different names just to see if it would work and It would let you name your pet Buttercup - ercup

It is wierd
Emloveswebkins is offline Female
Old 08-21-2008, 11:56 AM   #38
popcornx34

Ganz has their own 'dictionary' of words that are allowed on Webkinz. They don't make a dictionary of words that aren't allowed, so they just have certain ones that are allowed. They probably didn't think of Penelope as a good word. After all, Ganz wouldn't let my cousin name her dalmatian Buttons.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:59 AM   #39
KKMayleigh

Kkcow is an unknown quantity at this point

I think some words to us may be bad in other languages. I've seen a word we use like everyday is bad in this weird country. That's really dumb though, because they know we speak english.
Kkcow is offline Female
Old 08-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #40
pigglywiggles is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanted to name my rabbit buttons but i couldnt.
pigglywiggles is offline Female
Closed