Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Somebody Help! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/)
-   -   Word not allowed! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/word-not-allowed-375166/)

Wildwood08-20-2008 11:45 AM

Word not allowed!

I am soooo beyond frustrated with Ganz right now!!! We just got the mouse and the coco dragon. Mouse was adopted just fine, but Ganz REFUSES to allow my daughter to name her dragon Penelope. WILL SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW "PENELOPE" COULD BE A BAD/SUGGESTIVE WORD!!?? It just boggles the mind how Ganz comes up with their "words not allowed" list. Now they are applying it to names on the webkins? To quote Juno, "That's a big bucket of NO!" Oh, and to try and get a list of these words isn't an option either! Whatever they did to their thing during this mornings maintenance they made it worse. Any words of help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for letting a frustrated parent vent. :wallbash:

kellyschrvr08-20-2008 11:51 AM

Re: Word not allowed!

I find it kinda weird how they allow and not allow names... My son and I have seen Budweiser the clydesdale, Coors the clydesdale... etc..

I saw someone else a while back couldn't name their pet Buttercup.... they had to name it Butercup...
But I've seen Buttercup w/ two T's in the clubhouse... so somehow someone was allowed..

My husband had a dog named Scrappy as a kid, and wanted me to name one of our golden retrievers after him.. wouldn't let us...
However in the clubhouse, I've seen a Scrappy! spelled the SAME way!

Made me really mad too...

Pearlz1308-20-2008 12:24 PM

This is just great. I named my American Cocker Spaniel "Muffin" and Instead of saying "Muffin's Room" in my house I had to try "Muffin Room" and you know what I ended up naming it? Dogs Room! Because NOTHING would work! So now...if it doesn't work in my home, it won't work when I do the names!

I am sooooo email-ing ganz or something now!!!

Tango08-20-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildwood (Post 10001159)
I am soooo beyond frustrated with Ganz right now!!! We just got the mouse and the coco dragon. Mouse was adopted just fine, but Ganz REFUSES to allow my daughter to name her dragon Penelope. WILL SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW "PENELOPE" COULD BE A BAD/SUGGESTIVE WORD!!?? It just boggles the mind how Ganz comes up with their "words not allowed" list. Now they are applying it to names on the webkins? To quote Juno, "That's a big bucket of NO!" Oh, and to try and get a list of these words isn't an option either! Whatever they did to their thing during this mornings maintenance they made it worse. Any words of help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for letting a frustrated parent vent. :wallbash:

I haven't had trouble naming my webkinz, although it wouldn't let me name my garden the Garden of Eden, or my library, library, I had to name it Book Room. Wow, this is really strict, I didn't know they wouldn't allow Penelope. Maybe it's cause pene means something inappropriate in spanish, but still, it can't be that. :)

---------- Tango added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyschrvr (Post 10001249)
I find it kinda weird how they allow and not allow names... My son and I have seen Budweiser the clydesdale, Coors the clydesdale... etc..

I saw someone else a while back couldn't name their pet Buttercup.... they had to name it Butercup...
But I've seen Buttercup w/ two T's in the clubhouse... so somehow someone was allowed..

My husband had a dog named Scrappy as a kid, and wanted me to name one of our golden retrievers after him.. wouldn't let us...
However in the clubhouse, I've seen a Scrappy! spelled the SAME way!

Made me really mad too...

I read somewhere that they wouldn't allow Buttercup, cause of the first four letters. :)

d847108-20-2008 12:34 PM

Last year, I tried to name my Golden Retriever , Scooter and they wouldn't let me , but they let me use, Skooter. Maybe for Penelope, they will let you use Pynelope. It's worth a try!:)

gymnasticsgirl9608-20-2008 12:39 PM

I am sorry your dughter couldn't name her pet that. I like that name!

I think GANZ needs to kinda loosen up with the "not allowed names" I know they need to make sure the names are appropriate, but it's become a little anoying.

like when i try to name rooms, I have to put things lke google room or kitten room or something.
I also had trouble putting "Modern Room" or my modern theamed room.
i mean they have that name in the w shop, i think it should be allowed.

but maybe it will all be fixed soon! i hope :]

hope everything works out!
have a great day :)

sherrylaine08-20-2008 12:49 PM

I totally understand your frustration and need to vent....... miy problems have been confined to the naming of rooms, but it sounds like that's about to change to include names. By the way I have a Webkinz named Penelope and one named Scrappy. I'm embarrassed to say my mother has one of the Cyldesdales named Budweiser. Let's hope this is all a glitch and Ganz gets it figured out soon.

smitchell08-20-2008 12:52 PM

It is a bit frustrating. My rooms have become pretty boringly named - lol!

maggalina08-20-2008 12:57 PM

i originally named my school based room Quizzy's2 but when i adopted more webkinz i needed more room so I switched rooms with a nother bigger room and tried to give it the same name but i had to name it school

kellyschrvr08-20-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tango (Post 10001979)
I haven't had trouble naming my webkinz, although it wouldn't let me name my garden the Garden of Eden, or my library, library, I had to name it Book Room. Wow, this is really strict, I didn't know they wouldn't allow Penelope. Maybe it's cause pene means something inappropriate in spanish, but still, it can't be that. :)

---------- Tango added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

I read somewhere that they wouldn't allow Buttercup, cause of the first four letters. :)

I know... But what I'm saying is there was a Buttercup in the clubhouse.. so somewhere along the line, someone was able to name a pet Buttercup