Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #1
Webkinz :)
phlack is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Wireless connection issues

Hello. First post here, and it's a problem! Hopefully my subsequent posts will be better!

I'm having problems staying connected, or even getting logged on with my home wireless connection.

I've done a search, and it looks like others have had the problem as well...but no solutions have been offered.

Sometimes it won't log in...I'm stuck at the "0%" screen. Other times I can be on, and webkinz will tell me the connection dropped. Seems very sensitive.

My signal strength is pretty strong. When I'm having problems with webkinz, I can still access other sites just fine, and very quickly as well.

This fustrates my kids to no end, and they demand to use my computer.
My computer is hard-wired to the wireless router (which in turn is connected to a 7Mbs/384Kb cable connection) and thus has no issues with webkinz whatsoever.

Again, it appears I'm not the only one with the problem.

Has anyone been able to fix this issue? Or am I stuck with not being able to use my wireless connection to access webkinz?

Thanks
-Mike
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2007, 10:42 AM   #2
Gift Guru

mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!

Default Re: Wireless connection issues

Hey Mike~

Well first off WELCOME to WI..so great to have you join us..and WW broke you in right apparantly..they unfortunately have alot of glitches these days causing such inconveniences.

I have found that since we started WW that our computer gets bogged down very quickly and I clear our cache/history daily, reboot it often and relogin..this helps the efficiency of WW (for us). If it still continues really consistently and you are viewing other sites just fine as you said while only having problems with the WW site..then its definitely an issue on their end with server overloads and whatnots.

Here are some things the webkinz.com site lists if having issues logging in:

I cannot load the screen If Webkinz World is not loading, there are several solutions you can try.

1. Please go to www.adobe.com and update your Flash Player.
2. Please clear your cache. If you do not know how to do this, we have detailed instructions on our FAQ in the Technical Issues section. Just click on the question "How do I clear my cache?". If you wish to proceed directly to the Technical Issues page of the FAQ please click here.
3. Please make sure www.webkinz.com is an acceptable site for all pop-up blockers and anti-virus programs on your computer.

If these steps do not solve the problem, please contact your Internet Service Provider for further assistance.

You mentioned that you're having trouble accessing Webkinz World when you use AOL. One reason you might be experiencing this problem is that your parental control settings may be blocking our website. In order to make sure that these settings are in no way impeding on your ability to play in Webkinz world, please follow the steps listed below:

1 Open AOL.
2 Click the "Safety" tab at the top of the page.
3 Scroll down and click on "Parental Controls".
4 Click the "Web Unlock" button (usually in the bottom right corner of the page).
5 Add www.webkinz.com to the list of allowable websites.

---------------

Good luck, I know its terribly frustrating..especially for the kids..because sometimes they just dont grasp the concept of these things happen They just wanna have fun and play!! I hope Ganz is working on improving their servers..it seems like more glitches starting occurring since the week they added Halloween items, Kinzville Academy..and now Fall Fest..everyone is logging on..its bound to cause more server issues.

Last edited by mom2hnemi; 10-25-2007 at 10:44 AM..
mom2hnemi is offline Female
Old 10-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #3
the fairest 0f all
Gift Guru

sn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all around

Great suggestions Mom2...
i guess i would just add that those are definitely the things to try if you are still connected to the internet overall.

i use wireless at home and i don't have any issues so i don't think it could be the wireless alone if you can get to other internet sites.
sn0wwhite is offline Female
Old 10-25-2007, 11:02 AM   #4

Thanks for the posts.

I don't use AOL...not sure where that came from. I'm up to date on flash....already checked that out.

But I'll try clearing out the cache. I'll also allow the webkinz site full access to the browser with no popups blocked (shouldn't be an issue, but I'll check that out anyway).

I specifically hooked up that computer so the kids can use it (and not destroy mine). 'Course, it doesn't work for the one thing they want to use it for *GROWL*.

I'll keep tinkering.

Thanks!
-Mike
Old 10-25-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
Gift Guru

mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!

Let us know if the flash trick works..I know it has for some..but others didnt seem to effect it.

the aol thing..that paragraph after the "purple" sentence was copy/pasted from the webkinz.com site..sooo the aol part didnt necessarily pertain to you
mom2hnemi is offline Female
Old 11-02-2007, 10:58 AM   #6

Update:

I tried an experiment.
I took my laptop which has a PCMIA wireless card and brought it right next to the PC with the Wireless USB adapter, and logged them both on (the household actually has three accounts).

The PC kept logging out of WK. The laptop worked flawlessly (albeit a bit slow).

So I took the USB adapter back to the store, and got myself a PCI wireless card instead. Only cost $5 extra.

Still having SOME problems, and this is only after one day, but the problems have defintiely gone way down. So it was probably the adapter that was bad. Dunno if it was due to it being USB, or if it was just flakey to begin with. Only thing I don't like is the antenna is now down behind the machine...I need an extender (had one, threw it out a while ago).

Signal strength goes up and down, even though the access point isn't far at all.

But I guess the problem was indeed the adapter.

-Mike
Closed