Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #51
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default re: WIki IS loading for me - ALL THE TIME FOR EVERYONE!

View Post Originally Posted by Jenifer36
Here is the screenshot of the WIGEV from Safari.

Click the image to open in full size.
I think it's possible it looks that way because of a preference you might have chosen.

There are several preferences that you can choose from the "My Prefs" link. Did you change the skin? Right now I'm using this one (filled in bubble) and it looks fine.

Click the image to open in full size.

I have noticed that if you tried on other skins, they look like they haven't fully loaded or don't look like a loaded page.

What you have in the picture looks like what I see on my iTouch, so possibly it's on Lo-Fi mode or something like that?
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #52
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
Hi guys. I just logged into my sisters account (magicspark) to see if I could see the WIki from there.. I can. Just not my account..
View Post Originally Posted by mom w/ charm
On the same computer ??
Yes, on the same computer.
Hmm.. wait a second..

I just noticed how both mom w/ charm and I have 'special' characters in our usernames. "w/" has a slash, I have '[xo]' with brackets. This might not be it but I just made this observation. Jenifer36 has numbers.. hm.
THAT is very possible. There's a third user who had this problem and they had special characters in their name too.

Jenifer36 does not have the same issue the three of you have. She's having a formatting issue, not a blank screen/500 error message issue.

Mom w/ Charm, you mentioned that another family member was having the same problem. Are there non-letter characters in their username?

View Post Originally Posted by Jenifer36
Hi Everyone, I just downloaded Safari as Justin pointed out I have version 6.0.2 of ie.

But I hate to say this, I have the same text only view even with Safari.
You said you started seeing the page this way after you changed some settings. Do you remember what they were?

Is it one of the ones dogluver pointed out?

View Post Originally Posted by bonnie
To keep going on this.....I am a insider and I get all of the ads everytime I try to use wiki - are the ads supposed to be turned off for this just like the forum?
Justin is working on removing the ads. It may take a few days. Some people say they aren't seeing them, so try clearing your cache. If you still see ads, give it a few more days. He may not have fixed that yet.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #53
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

I wish when I was w/ my Sis She wouldve tried her info on my comp Maybe you have a great point !! Thats weird its the same comp , for you so it cant be the settings !!
Yes, it's really odd...
I wish I knew someone with a special character in their name that I could use to see..
View Post Originally Posted by Cloud One
THAT is very possible. There's a third user who had this problem and they had special characters in their name too.

Jenifer36 does not have the same issue the three of you have. She's having a formatting issue, not a blank screen/500 error message issue.

Mom w/ Charm, you mentioned that another family member was having the same problem. Are there non-letter characters in their username?

You said you started seeing the page this way after you changed some settings. Do you remember what they were?

Is it one of the ones dogluver pointed out?

Justin is working on removing the ads. It may take a few days. Some people say they aren't seeing them, so try clearing your cache. If you still see ads, give it a few more days. He may not have fixed that yet.

No My Sis is Tikimama She never tried it on my Comp , Could it be ?? Because of the / in my WI name ?? I really wish I could try another WI name & see next time I am w/ my Sis for Sure . Pop Tarts Sisters worked on her profile , Maybe thats it the / or the [ like Pop Tart Thanks for trying all of you sorry to be a pesty person I am trying really hard but this WIGEV log in & log out is alot, But you are working harder for us & I so appreciate it !! Thanks sooo much
mom w charm is offline Female
Old 10-05-2009, 10:51 PM   #54
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

No My Sis is Tikimama She never tried it on my Comp , Could it be ?? Because of the / in my WI name ?? I really wish I could try another WI name & see next time I am w/ my Sis for Sure . Pop Tarts Sisters worked on her profile , Maybe thats it the / or the [ like Pop Tart Thanks for trying all of you sorry to be a pesty person I am trying really hard but this WIGEV log in & log out is alot, But you are working harder for us & I so appreciate it !! Thanks sooo much
You're welcome Your sis is not the family member you said had the same problem as you. I'll PM you.

EDIT: [xo] Pop-Tart is right. It's the characters. I've just had another user with a "[" in their name check.

I'll let Justin know and we'll see what he can do on his end.

EXCELLENT observation [xo] Pop-Tart!

Last edited by Cloud One; 10-05-2009 at 10:51 PM..
Old 10-06-2009, 08:02 AM   #55
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Yes Pop-Tart.. EXCELLENT observation!!

It turns out that the following characters (and probably more, but this is what I have so far) are considered "illegal" usernames in Mediawiki:
[
]
/
{
}
|

What I've done is built a function to intercept the username before it is passed to Mediawiki's login function and, if it contains those characters, to bypass the function and leave you logged out of the WIki. You will be able to view everything, but edit nothing. The only way to allow you editing functionality is to have us remove those characters from your usernames.

Wow, I never would have thought of this myself!!!!

@Jenifer36: DogLuver is probably correct, go into your preferences and choose the bottom skin. I also strongly suggest that you upgrade your browser to at least Internet Explorer 7, if not all the way to Internet Explorer 8. IE6 was actually released in 2001, so it's about time to upgrade!!
Justin is offline Male
Old 10-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #56
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Yes Pop-Tart.. EXCELLENT observation!!

It turns out that the following characters (and probably more, but this is what I have so far) are considered "illegal" usernames in Mediawiki:
[
]
/
{
}
|

What I've done is built a function to intercept the username before it is passed to Mediawiki's login function and, if it contains those characters, to bypass the function and leave you logged out of the WIki. You will be able to view everything, but edit nothing. The only way to allow you editing functionality is to have us remove those characters from your usernames.

Wow, I never would have thought of this myself!!!!

@Jenifer36: DogLuver is probably correct, go into your preferences and choose the bottom skin.

Oh thanks so much !! I have been going Crazy I went to the library tried their comps, tried my Daughter's comp , I even took the fire wall settings out but since it didnt work at the library I had a feeling . Pop Tart Thanks so much & Justin , & cloud One , Thanks to all of you, I will have the / removed Please can I ?? Wow if this is it I am so happy !! Thanks sooo much !!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:15 AM   #57
rleong

Oh thanks so much !! I have been going Crazy I went to the library tried their comps, tried my Daughter's comp , I even took the fire wall settings out but since it didnt work at the library I had a feeling . Pop Tart Thanks so much & Justin , & cloud One , Thanks to all of you, I will have the / removed Please can I ?? Wow if this is it I am so happy !! Thanks sooo much !!
Surely you can.. I'll do it right away. That's exactly what it is. You'll notice, even before I remove it, you can still access the WIki, but it'll only print your IP address, instead of your username at the top because it is bypassing the login function.

ETA: Also, @[xo] Pop-Tart... if you want to be able to edit... the [ ] is illegal but ( ) isn't, so we can go that route if you want to change yours.
Justin is offline Male
Old 10-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #58
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned

Surely you can.. I'll do it right away. That's exactly what it is. You'll notice, even before I remove it, you can still access the WIki, but it'll only print your IP address, instead of your username at the top because it is bypassing the login function.

Yes I just went there Horray !! Your right !!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #59
rleong

View Post Originally Posted by mom w charm
Nope! [xo] Pop-Tart was right.. I just verified it
Justin is offline Male
Old 10-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #60
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned

ETA: Also, @[xo] Pop-Tart... if you want to be able to edit... the [ ] is illegal but ( ) isn't, so we can go that route if you want to change yours.
View Post Originally Posted by mom w charm

It worked Thanks soooo much I cant pm you so I gotta tell you how happy I am , You have no idea I love WI !! I am so happy , All better ,
Closed