Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 02:37 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

sempson is a splendid one to beholdsempson is a splendid one to beholdsempson is a splendid one to beholdsempson is a splendid one to behold

Default Unanswered: Why Don't Debit Cards work in the E-store ? ? ?

Twice I have tried to buy things in the E-store and TWICE I have been stopped by a message saying to review my account information. Then when I emailed Ganz they said they didn't except debit cards as valid payment. That isn't true though because my Mom uses her debit card to buy e-stuff all the time! So I know that they are lying to me! I don't get it. I emailed them and emailed them and I can't get a straight answer. There is plenty of money in my account and the expiration date isn't until 2009. So it's NOT that!

You would think they would want people to pay with debit cards because that is like getting cash straight from the bank. The money is there it's not like a credit card where it is basically like taking out a loan..... AGH! I don't get it and I am SO angry. I wanted so badly to get my Mom a floral fox for her birthday and couldn't and just now I wanted to get her one of the very cool items on the black Friday ad for Christmas and it won't let me. Has anyone else dwelt with this? Am I alone in this frustration?

I am getting really tired of Ganz and being treated like an unintelligent moron. They treat us all like we don't know anything and it has gotten on my very last nerve. It's bad enough they charge so much for pets and estore items. You would think that if people were willing to pay they would make it easier. It just makes me not want to buy anything!

Sorry.... to vent! I am just so irritated!
sempson is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2008, 02:40 AM   #2
♥ 2 c ww homes
Gift Guru

Trouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Why Don't Debit Cards work in the E-store ? ? ?

Instead of e-mailing them, try calling...1-866-webkinz..
I heard that if you want to talk to a real person, when you get the answering machine, hit 0
Trouble is offline Female
Old 11-28-2008, 02:41 AM   #3
ishing away snow
Gifted

leash is on a distinguished road

As long as the credit card has a vista, mastercard, or american express logo and the order is over $5 it should go through.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:48 AM   #4
Asacardimus
Gift Guru

Asacardimus is an unparalleled talent
Asacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 3 

Leash has a point. Your mom's debit card may have a visa or mastercard logo on it (which allows her to overdraw against her account) and yours may not. This will prevent you from using your card while letting her use hers. If, however, they are both pretty much the same, ie you both have visa or mastercard on your cards, then there should be no difference and I would take Trouble's advice and call their helpline.
Asacardimus is offline Female
Old 11-28-2008, 02:50 AM   #5

sempson is a splendid one to beholdsempson is a splendid one to beholdsempson is a splendid one to beholdsempson is a splendid one to behold

It is a VISA and I tried it THREE different times and it charged my account but It wouldn't go through past the error in the E-store. I will call them it get the charges taken off because I didn't get a code... I have nothing to show for it but they charged me $15 because I tried to get it to go three different times.

When I use my card at stores I use it as a CC. I don't use it as a debit and it works just fine.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:53 AM   #6
Asacardimus
Gift Guru

Asacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 3 

Yep, that sounds like it's a flaw on their side. I had tons of trouble at the weekend when it simply would not let me buy anything! They have promised that all the same items will repeat this weekend and if they don't work this weekend, I will probably blow a gasket!
Old 11-28-2008, 02:58 AM   #7

Thank you so much for your help and understanding. I will call them and see ... first of all if I can get someone who speaks English and second of all if they will give me either THREE CODES or my money back!

BAH HUMBUG!!!!
Old 11-28-2008, 02:59 AM   #8
Asacardimus
Gift Guru

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 3 

That's okay, we can all understand the frustration involved. Good luck and don't let them get you down!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:18 AM   #9
Gift Guru

larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!

Donation Award 

It took weeks for the e-store to accept my Visa debit card without issue. I'm not sure what finally made the difference, though.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:54 AM   #10
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

I'm not sure why you had that happen.... I only buy charms on there, but when i do I use my debit card, it has a mastercard logo... It worked fine the 4 or 5 times I used it on there I hope you get it to work.. that is very frustrating I'm sure
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Closed