Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
I Want a Caffeinated
Webkinz :)

junomouse will become famous soon enough

Default Unanswered: Why Does GANZ Make Webkinz so Fast Now?

Well what I think is right now, ALL BUISNESSES/PEOPLE are not doing very good with the whole money crisis at hand. They figure, hey why not? This is a big fad right now and we could also use the money. The more webkinz they make the more chances people will buy them, either because that is their favorite animal or they are a super collector. Now the eStore....that is something I NEVER thought I would see. My definition of webkinz..
Web*kinz- A stuffed animal you purchase and enter a code online at webkinz.com to get the pet vurtually.
NOW, the eStore items, yes are a rip off in my oppinion, but the pets is not right! What, did they run out of fabric? I mean, what do you think?
junomouse is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
lucky3900
Gifted

lucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Why Does GANZ Make Webkinz so Fast Now?

View Post Originally Posted by junomouse
Well what I think is right now, ALL BUISNESSES/PEOPLE are not doing very good with the whole money crisis at hand. They figure, hey why not? This is a big fad right now and we could also use the money. The more webkinz they make the more chances people will buy them, either because that is their favorite animal or they are a super collector. Now the eStore....that is something I NEVER thought I would see. My definition of webkinz..
Web*kinz- A stuffed animal you purchase and enter a code online at webkinz.com to get the pet vurtually.
NOW, the eStore items, yes are a rip off in my oppinion, but the pets is not right! What, did they run out of fabric? I mean, what do you think?
I think you are absolutely correct. The more webkinz Ganz Makes the more money people spend. The eStore is kind of a rip off. Actually it is a ripoff. I mean basically its 12.99 or something like that for numbers and letters. Besides it's much more fun to have the plush pet. My hometown store has webkinz for like 7.00 for Bigkinz and 5.00 for little. We don't have that big of a selection. Yes you are right, Ganz ran out of fur and fabric!
lucky3900 is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 12:11 AM   #3
Can't believe I'm a
Gift Guru

snugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

I don't believe Ganz ran out of fabric. I think Ganz realized that the profit margin on virtual items is higher than the plush animals. It doesn't make it right.

In reference to the continued release of items, Ganz planned the release of these plushies months in advance. They're already made awaiting release. They can't stop that now.

Do I think that many people are in a difficult financial situation. I am curious to see if people will continue to spend as much as they have been on Webkinz. Fortunately I did buy several webbies over the summer and have them stashed away for my sons and well as 2 for my husband!

Owner of 43 ebkinz and counting
Newest - - Pywacket
snugglebunny72 is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 05:28 AM   #4
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

Well, I think the amount of webkinz they are putting out is just to get a variety of webkinz out there... and they do know that lots of us will buy them. So I think they come out very fast, but I don't feel the need to buy the ones I don't like...

The estore I don't like, so I just don't buy from.. but some people like that and that is good for them... but I think ganz sees that they can profit off the virtual item sales, so they will continue to do that too. Which is fine by me, I don't have any intention of purchasing that kinda stuff.. My son would be too disappointed w/ a pet with out a plushie.. And I'd never waste real money on something that would only be seen in my computer screen.. i need something to show for it.. LOL...

But that is just me... People who don't like the plushies laying around, or try to collect all the webkinz or whatever, that is great they can do that

Not forced to buy them
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 09:48 AM   #5
Gift Trainee

aprilandpaul888 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the estore. While personally yes I think some things are alittle too high. I love to buy the charms. I mean come on 1.50 and I don't have to worry about what I am going to do with the little charm. I think the price of the pets are high considering if you go to the store you get the stuffed animal and the code. I think the codes alone should be half the price or they should ship you the stuffie in the mail without the code and email you the virtual one like they have been doing. It all comes down to what people are willing to pay and how many. If they are making a big profit with the estore (which they probably are considering there are pets you can only get there) then they have no plans of lowering any prices.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #6

Ally3795 is just really niceAlly3795 is just really nice

its carzy how fast they make them. i can barely keep up! then what i hate is they bring them out then retired them! its carzy
Ally3795 is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
elcome 2014!!
Gift Coach

funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence
funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

I read somewhere on here the other day that they thought Ganz should get rid of the plush all together, and just sell codes...not too bad of an idea for us adults, but for kids I don't think that would work too well, the plush is what my kids want, I personally like the pets on the estore.

As for the other items, it makes me mad ~ I think Ganz is WAY PAST DUE on updating their wshop. How long has it been since they added lots of new themes, items, etc.? Well, they came up with a bunch of new stuff but we have to pay for them! To me that's CRAZY!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #8
MoNotDaVinci
Gift Guru

Monalisa has a reputation beyond reputeMonalisa has a reputation beyond reputeMonalisa has a reputation beyond reputeMonalisa has a reputation beyond reputeMonalisa has a reputation beyond reputeMonalisa has a reputation beyond repute

I have over 70 and plan to take mine to the hospital children"s ward. ( All but the Horses and miniature schnauzer and parrot when it comes out )Since They are bran new I figure why not try to put a smile on a kids face .. ( course i hope they are not disappointed that there is no code ) but then again my neigbors kids only buy the webkinz for the toy since they like certain animals... my first one was the pegasus , then horse , all the horses .. I still need to log in my albino .
Monalisa is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 10:01 AM   #9
Gift Guru

CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!

Like you said... it's a business ploy. Webkinz is at the height of popularity, they are taking advantage of it. They create a virtual pet. Whether 20 people or 500 people buy it, no big difference, it's still pixellation, and either way they still turn a profit. Whereas if they make a physical product that no one buys, then they risk losing some profit.

People are allowed to spend money on whatever makes them happy. It's the stuffed animals that make me happier than their virtual image, so I like buying the plushies. This weekend I need a lot to help cheer my up from this week, so I plan on buying 4 for myself, and 2 as gifts.

If the virtual e-store stuff makes them happy, then I'm rooting them on.
It's not much different than purchasing a movie. Still a colored image to dance across a screen.
And I can understand the appeal, only a few people will actually have those items, so it's really cool having something that's not widespread
CrystalFlute is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 02:39 PM   #10
Fishcrackers93 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know. people are weird
but i think you are 100% and completely right
businesses are having problems
so GANZ decided
what the heck lets make even more now to get some extra money
well thats what i think anyway
Fishcrackers93 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
lucky3900 was here