Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

astraightreport will become famous soon enough

Exclamation Answered: Why do threads close?

Do they close at a certain time of day or something? I was answering Q's before lunch on the last pages (233) of the blooperz section, and now all but the first page are closed.

How do I fix this?
astraightreport is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by dotdotduck
No, they close due to inactivity (no one posting on then for 2 weeks or more, I think) or not following the rules. Also, if it's a duplicate thread I think it's either closed or completely deleted...
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
Addicted to

pjsangel71 has a spectacular aura aboutpjsangel71 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Why do threads close?

i don't think it is something you can fix. i went over to the section and looked around. all those end pages were started in 2007. most hadn't had any activity since then. some of them were moved. i think they were just doing some housekeeping. sorry.
pjsangel71 is offline Female
Old 08-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #3

astraightreport will become famous soon enough

LOL. I create an account about an hour before all the old posts were closed!!!

astraightreport is offline Female
Old 08-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #4
Addicted to

pjsangel71 has a spectacular aura aboutpjsangel71 has a spectacular aura about

new stuff comes up all the time. wander around the site and you'll find lots of cool info. everyone here is super nice.
pjsangel71 is offline Female
Old 08-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

No, they close due to inactivity (no one posting on then for 2 weeks or more, I think) or not following the rules. Also, if it's a duplicate thread I think it's either closed or completely deleted...
Old 08-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
hip my hair back and
webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!

If they go a long time without getting any posts, they automatically close(:
webkinz_girlyx0 is offline Female
Old 08-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #7
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

Threads are closed if they get inactive, have too many posts, there is already a thread containing the idea, or something on the thread is against WI's rules.
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 08-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #8

Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!

You cannot fix a close thread. Unless you PM a mod and ask if you want it to unclose. Also if you are wonding why it is closed, PM a mod or admin and they will tell you the reason.

Here is the reasons why it's closed.

1. It could be a duplicate thread (a thread that has been posted with the same topic before) will close.

2. Many people didn't post as much.

3. It could be against the rules.

4. Could be off topic.
Dudeness is offline Female
Old 08-27-2009, 08:27 AM   #9
Gift Guru

MommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by astraightreport
Do they close at a certain time of day or something? I was answering Q's before lunch on the last pages (233) of the blooperz section, and now all but the first page are closed.

How do I fix this?
sometimes they auto close due to being inactive,
other times the thread owner themselves might ask us to close it for them if they have gotten the info they wanted.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:30 AM   #10
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

In the Somebody Help! section, you can close it by choosing a Best Answer.
Sometimes threads close for being inactive in about 2 Weeks
Also, moderators or administrators can close threads because of a certain reason
Or you want your thread to close, so you contact an administrator or moderator to do that
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Closed

Tags
all hail mr. burrito