Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
BOOM!
Gifted

vansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talent

Default Unanswered: Why Do Some Pets Retire?

Well, why do some pets retire? Especially the really cool ones?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
YEA! I'm finally a
Webkinz :)

calicocat1455 is just really nicecalicocat1455 is just really nice

Default Re: Why Do Some Pets Retire?

Maybe because they ran out of fabric for the pet. I don't know.
calicocat1455 is offline Female
Old 06-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
BOOM!
Gifted

vansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by calicocat1455
Maybe because they ran out of fabric for the pet. I don't know.

Yeah. And maybe they just got tired of making it altogether!
Old 06-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #4

Goo Goo is a jewel in the roughGoo Goo is a jewel in the rough

From a marketing perspective, it's a good idea to leave your customers wanting more, or make them feel good by having an "exclusive" or "retired" pet. Retiring a pet usually has nothing to do with machinery, or supplies, just an idea that a company has to make the product more "valuable".
Old 06-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #5
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber

Good question. Some retire, while others seem to linger on and on to the point you wish they would retire them (like the pink poodle already! LOL! I mean, she's cute, but sheesh, how many times will she be POTM?!) I do believe that part of it might be resources (material available) and the other part is marketing strategies. Product available versus the demand for it and making room for new items on store shelves. It's probably quite a complicated process in the "board room". All I focus on is buying the ones I like and not buying the ones I don't - retired or not. I like the ginger cat alot, but I won't go out and buy more of them just because they are retiring them. At this point, the market has been so saturated with most of the webkinz that the value of them and their PSIs really doesn't go up anymore. The old ones like the love puppy, pink pegasus, sherbet bunny, etc. are valuable because not as many people were into webkinz back when they first started, those retired, then more people came on board as webkinz fans and demand for those webbies went through the roof. So, those webbies have become more and more rare and more and more valuable. One day though, webkinz will go by the wayside as everything does and all that love puppy will be worth is the stuffing it's filled with.
kinzmom1924 is offline Female
Old 06-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
BOOM!
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Goo Goo
From a marketing perspective, it's a good idea to leave your customers wanting more, or make them feel good by having an "exclusive" or "retired" pet. Retiring a pet usually has nothing to do with machinery, or supplies, just an idea that a company has to make the product more "valuable".
You make sense Goo Go! I mean, when I found out that my Cheeky Monkey was retired, I was like,

'Oh my gosh! I have a retired pet! My friends will be so jealous of me! I have to tell someone! *Calls friend who has the same pet* Me- Our Cheeky Monkey is retired! Her- I know. Me-Aren't you. like, happy that we have a pet that is no longer available? Her-I guess *We hang up*'
Old 06-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #7

~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder

i don't know why, except they run out of fur or need more space for new pets..... well i mean, seriously, i don't get it with the love pup and the sherbet bunny. They are like some of the cutest webbies, (the love pup is the best love kinz in my perspective) and they retire them! AND THEY RETIRED THE GINGER CAT BEFORE THE STINKIN' BLACK AND WHITE CAT!!!!!!!!!!! WHY??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry i had to vent. xD

yeah goo goo you are probably right......
~Kiwi~ is offline Female
Old 06-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #8
BOOM!
Gifted

And the Peppermint Puppy! I wanted that sooo bad, but stores never ever had any! Now they retire it with only one season!
Vent your feelings! Besides, you can still buy all the Webkinz ever made online....
Old 06-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #9
I love cute

triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise
triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise

Maybe,they don't want to have too many products available, so they have to get rid of them. Also, it adds value to the pet.
triplet 1 is offline Female
Old 06-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #10
BOOM!
Gifted

It definitely does add value. Kinda like Arte's rares!
Closed