Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
Charis01
Gift Guru

Me2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud of

Default Unanswered: Why do the "all day" activiteds start at 6 a.m.?

Why do all the "all day" activities like super wheel, or balloon dartz etc always start at 6 a.m. but last to midnight? This annoys be greatly on my asian account because I am on most during the weekdays and cannot get on at nigths or weekends as often.
Me2Me2 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
Gift Trainee

MissGoddess1 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Why do the "all day" activiteds start at 6 a.m.?

I don't know about the "all day activities." I hate that the TR is only open 9-5 during week days. I am at work and never get a chance to trade, so I feel your pain. I wish they would allow weekend trading at least in the Kid TR.

Anyway, I am writing more about your beautiful Bandit. He is adorable. My husband and I meet when our dogs meet. I had 2 black labs at the time, and he had just gotten a golden retriever puppy. They fell in love (all are fixed, so no worries there) and so we fell in love too. After the wedding, we got a yellow lab puppy together. I guess we did the "mine, yours, and ours" thing that people do with kids, just ours were with dogs. Then we move from NJ where animals and shelters were wonderful, to NC where animal care and animal shelters are just horrible, so we became a rescue home. We take in large dogs and pay to get them fixed up, socialized in our house with us and our dogs, and then we find them a good home. Right now we have a total of 8 dogs....our 4 and 4 rescue dogs. We have a dog door and 3 acres fenced in for them to run in or outside. They sleep in the bed/couch...wherever they want. It breaks my heart when they leave. But we check on all our adopted dogs, and all are doing well. It is a good thing, and I get over my own selfish pain of letting them go soon enough, as there is always a new dog that needs our help.

This is actually how I got my very first webkinz and how I became hooked. A parent of an adopted dog of ours came back and gave money to the local private shelter and left a chocolate lab webkinz for me. I didn't know anything about WW, but boy that didn't last long.

Enjoy Bandit and enjoy WW. If only everyone took as good a care of their real pets as we in WW do. What a wonderful place it would be.
MissGoddess1 is offline Female
Old 11-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
Charis01
Gift Guru

Me2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by MissGoddess1
Anyway, I am writing more about your beautiful Bandit. He is adorable.

This is actually how I got my very first webkinz and how I became hooked. A parent of an adopted dog of ours came back and gave money to the local private shelter and left a chocolate lab webkinz for me. I didn't know anything about WW, but boy that didn't last long.

Enjoy Bandit and enjoy WW. If only everyone took as good a care of their real pets as we in WW do. What a wonderful place it would be.
Thanks for the compliment on Bandit, shes's actually a she, but thats ok And i also agree about Tr and kinzchat plus, i work full time and my employer has blocked off chat channels so i cant acess my phone. Its a pain not having acess to your phone. And ill pm you more about Bandit i love to talk about her to anyone who will listen, lol.
Me2Me2 is offline Female
Old 11-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
♀ jaxcat ϓ
Gift Guru

jaxcat has disabled reputation

This way we can have all day to get to the special 6-11:59 events. And the people in the Asian time zone have all day too.

As far as being in the US time zone and having an Asian account, I think the night-owls have the advantage there...
jaxcat is offline Female
Old 11-14-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
Charis01
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by jaxcat
This way we can have all day to get to the special 6-11:59 events. And the people in the Asian time zone have all day too.

As far as being in the US time zone and having an Asian account, I think the night-owls have the advantage there...
right i guess my question is, why not start at 12:01 am to 11:59 p.m. why 6 am for the starting time?
Me2Me2 is offline Female
Old 11-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #6
Webkinz :)

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Unhappy Re: Why do the "all day" activiteds start at 6 a.m.?

View Post Originally Posted by jaxcat
"This way we can have all day to get to the special 6-11:59 events." And the people in the Asian time zone have all day too.

this is what I wanted to say too.

however there is no real advantage any more to the Asian time zone, WW things like flying ribbons & such don't work now until the US EST zone start date.
everything has changed & since the curio shop times where misaligned on purpose, I have found that nothing has worked right since that change. it seems to have put a bug in the program. It's been a giant glitchfest !
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 11-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
Charis01
Gift Guru

well fall fest the Asians had a big advantage with the glitch of the leaves falling super fast, and the curio shop does seem more likely yo get rares. I dont really want them to align becuse it would ruin the fun of havign an asian account, but if they really wanted to id ont think it ouwld be that hard to make them all algin properly.

Oh and im getting ribbons on my asain account since 10 am or so, so i guess the fixed hte ribbon glitch.

I guess the bottom line is that Gantz has weird rules and bsuiness pratices that no-one really understands, lol
Me2Me2 is offline Female
Old 11-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #8
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Me2Me2
right i guess my question is, why not start at 12:01 am to 11:59 p.m. why 6 am for the starting time?
I know why.

Back in the day, the all-day events were pretty much just the Super Wheel and they used to start at 12:01... People found that you could log in just before the maintenance window (which used to start around 12:15am-12:30am) and do the activity.. and then Webkinz World would go down for maintenance for some time. When you woke up in the morning, you could go back on your account and do the activity again! So now they schedule the all-day activities to start after the maintenance window and everyone only gets one try
Justin is offline Male
Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #9
Charis01
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
I know why.

Back in the day, the all-day events were pretty much just the Super Wheel and they used to start at 12:01... People found that you could log in just before the maintenance window (which used to start around 12:15am-12:30am) and do the activity.. and then Webkinz World would go down for maintenance for some time. When you woke up in the morning, you could go back on your account and do the activity again! So now they schedule the all-day activities to start after the maintenance window and everyone only gets one try
Cool, thanks Justin! Wow I feel special you replied to my post! Thanks again!
Me2Me2 is offline Female
Old 11-14-2008, 12:43 PM   #10
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is because since it is an 'All day' activity, it begins right when matinence is over.. which is 6am. (Actually it's 5am for me).

---------- Livi added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later ----------

Oh yeah... exactly what Justin said!

Last edited by Livi; 11-14-2008 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Livi is offline Female
Closed