Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

babyface0185 has a spectacular aura about

Default Unanswered: Why can't they fix the Lorax video quest?

Why can't they fix the video on the Lorax quests? I hear you can change something to firefox but I don't know how or what this is? The month is almost up and I still can't get the videos to load so I can finnish my quests. Are the going to extend the deadline and fix it so everyone can have a chnce to win these great prizes? Anyone know what I can do?
babyface0185 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #2
loony9083

momluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Why can't they fix the Lorax video quest?

View Post Originally Posted by babyface0185
Why can't they fix the video on the Lorax quests? I hear you can change something to firefox but I don't know how or what this is? The month is almost up and I still can't get the videos to load so I can finnish my quests. Are the going to extend the deadline and fix it so everyone can have a chnce to win these great prizes? Anyone know what I can do?
do they work on firefox??? i thought everybody was having troubles. i am going to go try firefox to see.
as far as how to get firefox, just do what i do. firefox.com and download it. it is real simple. if i can do it, you can.
momluvswebkinz2 is offline Female
Old 02-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
Sheryl is wacky!

slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness
slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness

I have tried firefox, google chrome, opera, and internet explorer and still can not get past the video. The window for the video comes up on all 4 of my accounts but the video never loads. I have turned off my pop ups and checked to make sure my 3rd party ads are on. I don't know what else I can do. I also have tried the Firefox trick listed under Eureka where the link comes up "Come and Play" but that has not worked either. I have spent way too much time on this and I still can not get anything to work. I really hope GANZ can fix this and extends our time for completion. I don't understand why some people can get it to work and some of us can't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
slbradshaw is offline Female
Old 02-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #4

rainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicness
rainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicness

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one!
I really hope they fix it soon!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
ebkinz. EX-cellent!

serendipitydoda is an unparalleled talent
serendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talent

Myself? I at least get as far as the video, but not far enough to be able to complete either of the Lorax quests.

The one hooked into the Lorax character in the garden, the video seems to come in 2 pieces. There's a short "part A" that runs, then there's a phrase that comes on where I hit the Play button to continue on, then "part B" runs and then stops. Doesn't go anywhere or do anything. The video window just stalls on this blank pale lime green screen.

The one that's attached to Sally, I manage to get thru the entire video trailer, answer the questions, and then (like the other quest) it freezes on that same blank lime green screen.

(sigh)

There's only about a week and a half or so left. Of course, I'll keep trying, but I don't really get the impression most (or at least a number) of us are going to be able to finish the quests.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #6

shoegirl has a spectacular aura about

We are having the same problem on all of our accounts as well. We have tried several different browsers -same thing happens with all of them, either the lime green screen (everything then freezes) or the video starts and doesn't "finish" or lead anywhere. Very aggravating ....but we keep trying -love the prizes! If anyone is able to find a way to correct this please post & let us all know!! Thanks
shoegirl is offline Female
Old 02-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
esgaroth
Gifted

julieoldcrow is headed for the top!julieoldcrow is headed for the top!julieoldcrow is headed for the top!julieoldcrow is headed for the top!julieoldcrow is headed for the top!julieoldcrow is headed for the top!julieoldcrow is headed for the top!julieoldcrow is headed for the top!julieoldcrow is headed for the top!julieoldcrow is headed for the top!julieoldcrow is headed for the top!julieoldcrow is headed for the top!

I'm giving up. not even going to go to Adventure Park and try anymore. Too frustrating, and the prize, while it would be cool, isn 't worth the aggravation.

I only get the video box to load, but there it stops--a white screen in the box, and nothing ever happens. I've tried all the browsers, like others have, and no results at all. sigh.

I'm wondering--does anyone think it's worth buying an Adventure Pet, or is this common in adventure park??? I don't want to invest any RL money in something if it's going to be no fun....
julieoldcrow is offline Female
Old 02-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
Sheryl is wacky!

slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness
slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by julieoldcrow
I'm giving up. not even going to go to Adventure Park and try anymore. Too frustrating, and the prize, while it would be cool, isn 't worth the aggravation.

I only get the video box to load, but there it stops--a white screen in the box, and nothing ever happens. I've tried all the browsers, like others have, and no results at all. sigh.

I'm wondering--does anyone think it's worth buying an Adventure Pet, or is this common in adventure park??? I don't want to invest any RL money in something if it's going to be no fun....

This is exactly what happens on my accounts. As far as the Adventure Pets go, I've bought 2 but after doing the quest for each of them I have not had anything else come up to do. I've read about daily quests but all I get is the 2 Lorax quests and of course they don't work. My answer at this point would be No, it is not worth it, at least not until something is done to get it functioning correctly.
slbradshaw is offline Female
Old 02-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
criagirl
Gifted

cria defies all odds
cria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all odds

I called Ganz yesterday and they did the video part for me. They couldn't tell me WHY I couldn't do them, but they did complete the challenges, or get them past the video for 3 out of four quests (I have 2 accounts) they were nice about it.

MAKE SURE you have used all your digs before you call, though, because I lost some opportunities there unfortunately.

SLBradshaw--I don't think you will get any daily quests until the lorax quests are gone. i have an AP pet that I adopted before these quests started and had daily quests until these quests came about. now I'm stuck....

There are a lot of people who have found using firefox works. It is free and very easy to download/install.
-using what ever browser you currently use (safari, internet explorer, google chrome) do a search for mozilla firefox and it should find you the free download page and tell you how to download and install it without any trouble at all.
cria is offline Female
Old 02-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #10

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

I used Opera from day one of this event and have never had so much as a hiccup when it comes to viewing the entirety of the Lorax videos. Opera is not my usual browser, but I found out of IE8, IE9, Firefox, Chrome and Safari, it was the only browser that worked for me.

Dontcha just love playing musical browsers when it comes to WW ??

It's not been mentioned in any of these Lorax video glitch threads, but I'm gonna throw it out there .... there's a much bigger picture involved with these Lorax videos .... the inclusion of the video in the Lorax quests is tied into a huge Lorax promo currently going on in WW until March 4th. Ganz must be contractually obligated to get this video working pronto because I'm sure the producers and marketing department of the Lorax movie aren't too thrilled that the money they paid Ganz to show their video during this promo is backfiring. A bad taste in one's mouth about Ganz and their failure to deal with this issue in a timely and effective manner could leave a bad taste in one's mouth about the Lorax movie in general .... and that ain't good advertising for either party involved.

Last edited by MysticZon; 02-23-2012 at 02:46 PM..
MysticZon is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bradying, double d scotland