Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #1
I See Dead
Webkinz :)

smallfry120 is a name known to allsmallfry120 is a name known to allsmallfry120 is a name known to all

Default Unanswered: why can't people who are not gifted or gift gurus host contests?

I've never tried to host a contest before. Finally, when I wanted to host one with the prizes being almost all exclusive, rare, or no longer available items, it came to my attention that only gifted people can host contests where the prizes aren't food. I'm not meaning to be rude or protest the idea. I'm just wondering why this is? I'm not really understanding it. Does anyone know the reason this rule came about?
smallfry120 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
hite n Fluffy Love!
Gift Guru

calabelle is a creator of wonder
calabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wonder

Default Re: why can't people who are not gifted or gift gurus host contests?

I believe because Gifted and Guru's are "higher" levels and have the experience with the GE area to host the contests.
calabelle is offline Female
Old 01-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #3
I See Dead

smallfry120 is a name known to allsmallfry120 is a name known to allsmallfry120 is a name known to all

That is what I was figuring. I have recently applied, and I have high hopes of being approved. Since I have been a member on WI for a fairly long while, I hope I will be able to be a further part of the community. Thank you!
smallfry120 is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

I think it may be that WI can trust that they definitely will give what they say they will in the contest.
ImTara55 is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
GreekAsianPanda

I don't know...I guess to get more people to do the gift exchange or something.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
lolsoccer3

IDK, that is weird though,
Old 01-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #7
Alaza

Luna_Lovegood is a glorious beacon of lightLuna_Lovegood is a glorious beacon of lightLuna_Lovegood is a glorious beacon of light

I never knew that/ I thought you just had to get permission first to host a contest with prizes other then W-shop foods...
Luna_Lovegood is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #8
Leah Clearwater. ;]
Gifted

leahme999 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by ImTara55
I think it may be that WI can trust that they definitely will give what they say they will in the contest.
this is correct.
leahme999 is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #9
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by ImTara55
Yes, ImTara55, to a greater extent you have the answer right. We have gone through the ropes and understand the process of the GE and demands of a Multiple trade/s. We also have Feedback (similar to eBay in that we have to be trusted traders to get 100%). It is definitely a trust issue.
You have enoough posts and if you have applied just wait for the 'callback. It may take a while, they are pretty backed up. BUT we have FOUR NEW COACHES that were just introduced yesterday. There are a LOT of people working toward getting their gifted status.
Good Luck and Hope to see you soon in the BIG GE!
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #10
green =/= creative
Banned
x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!

i have no idea.
x pookie x is offline Female
Closed