Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #11
I love Paramore&
Webkinz :)

webkinz_ has disabled reputation

Default Re: Why can't I upload an animated avatar?

The size has to be 125x125 or smaller.
and sometimes animation makes irt a big file size and needs to be shrunk
webkinz_ is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #12

RileyNotMiley is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_
The size has to be 125x125 or smaller.
and sometimes animation makes irt a big file size and needs to be shrunk
The pic is only 100 x 75 but the file size is just a bit over 60kb. I don't know how to make the file size on an animated gif smaller. Does anyone have any idea?

Like I said in an earlier post I've used this same pic as an avatar on other message boards and never had a problem with being told the file size was too large so I don't know how to fix the problem.
RileyNotMiley is offline Female
Old 07-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #13
Edward♥Cullen

E-Angel is a jewel in the roughE-Angel is a jewel in the rough

you cant make it a smaller KB w/out taking away the animation. sorry. but now you can use bigger pics. wait u need 1 more post.
sowwy 4 being no help
E-Angel is offline Female
Old 07-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #14
bitsyluv. SHYAA, i'm
Gifted

bitsyluv will become famous soon enough

well i think everybody here has got you covered!! good job helping out guys!!
bitsyluv is offline Female
Old 07-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #15
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by RileyNotMiley
Hi,

I just joined here an hour or so ago and I've been trying to figure out how to get an avatar and pic in my siggie.

While browsing some other threads I've seen other people with animated avatars but when I try to link to tinypic with my own animated avatar I get the message that I'm not allowed to use an animated avatar. Can someone explain this to me please?
No, you can have an animated avatar it just can't Exceed the 20 KB limit you have as a Lil kinz. Wait a bit, once the system updates and you are a Webkinz, you will be allowed the full 48.8KB

Last edited by Dixiecup; 07-15-2008 at 08:10 PM..
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 07-15-2008, 08:13 PM   #16

Exclamation Re: Why can't I upload an animated avatar?

View Post Originally Posted by E-Angel
you cant make it a smaller KB w/out taking away the animation. sorry. but now you can use bigger pics. wait u need 1 more post.
sowwy 4 being no help
I have Corel Paint Shop Pro (formerly JASC Paint Shop Pro) on my computer along with the Animation Program that comes bundled with it. I tried to reduce the size of my animation but lost all of the original colors when I tried to compress the file size. That's why I asked if anyone else knew of a way to make an animated gif smaller in size.

I guess if a professional program like Corel (JASC) Animation Shop can't reduce the size of an animated pic then no freebie program can do it either. I'm just so sad right now. I've never had a problem using the exact same animated pic as an avvie on any other message board. I know that every message board has different limitations on file sizes but I've never been to any other board where I couldn't use that very same pic that I'm not allowed to use here because according to the limitations of this board the file sze is too large
Old 07-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #17
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by RileyNotMiley
Hmmm. You mean the more posts I make the larger file I can upload? I am trying to upload an animated avvie that I got from blinkie bee. It's like 60 or more kb from what I can tell from checking the image properties.
Send it to me Riley,I can mess with it a bit and cut the resolution some so that you can use it for an avatar. WITHOUT compromising the integrity.

---------- Dixiecup added 3 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

Ok, if you know enough about file compression then try http://www.gifworks.com/image_editor.html...Best one in my mind!

Last edited by Dixiecup; 07-15-2008 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost and stupid sticky keys!
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 07-15-2008, 08:36 PM   #18

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Send it to me Riley,I can mess with it a bit and cut the resolution some so that you can use it for an avatar. WITHOUT compromising the integrity.

---------- Dixiecup added 3 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

Ok, if you know enough about file compression then try http://www.gifworks.com/image_editor.html...Best one in my mind!
Thanks, Dixiecup! I used the site you suggested. I think it finally compressed it enough to allow me to use the pic here but I lost a LOT of the detail and colors. I'm too tired right now to keep fooling with it. I'm not real happy with it but I'll mess around more tomorrow. Maybe I will just have to track down another avvie that won't exceed the file limits that this site has that no other forum I've posted to seems to have.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:40 PM   #19
Edward♥Cullen

E-Angel is a jewel in the roughE-Angel is a jewel in the rough

i like ur new avvie riley
sorry i wasnt much help
E-Angel is offline Female
Old 07-15-2008, 08:47 PM   #20

Exclamation Re: Why can't I upload an animated avatar?

View Post Originally Posted by E-Angel
i like ur new avvie riley
sorry i wasnt much help
Thanks, E-Angel! Everyone helped as much as they could. I appreciate it. I took Dixiecup's advice and used the site she suggested to compress the file but I lost all of the purple color in the bouquet that Piglet is holding.

I guess I just am having a problem because I've always used that avvie on other forums without being told the original file was too large. I'll either get used to the color distortion or start looking for a new avvie tomorrow as much as I hate to give my Piglet up.

I shudder to think how limited I'm going to be tomorrow when I get around to trying to insert an animated pic into my siggy. I'm too tired tonight to even fool with the whole siggy thing. It took me two hours or so to get my avatar even halfway exceptable!
Closed