Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

1pinkgirl2 is a splendid one to behold1pinkgirl2 is a splendid one to behold1pinkgirl2 is a splendid one to behold1pinkgirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Unhappy Answered: WHY? can yah tell me?

Why does every1 that has the 1,2,3 after have the most views? do you know why/ and the 1's with the bubble NEW after them? why do they get so many posts?
1pinkgirl2 is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Azriel
When someone post on your thread, the thread automatically goes to the top of the list. If no one writes on it, it slowly moves down as people either create new threads or post on old ones. If you end up on the top of the list, people are more likely to post and read the thread (how often do you read threads on the next page?... yeah, I thought so).

This is why there is a policy AGAINST bumping a thread. If bumping was allowed, people would post on their thread just to get on top and this could get WAAAY out of hand and abusive.

I've found that popular threads are part good topics and part luck (as in, how many people online at the time are interested in the subject) and part thread that is susceptible to posting. Sometimes very good threads do not get the popularity it deserves out of poor luck and sometimes because they are topics that only require someone to read it but not really need to post... except to say something like "Great idea" and "Nice" (or other such short comments). To link into luck, sometimes people are just to lazy to type "Thanks for the info".

Cheers!

P.S. For those who know me... I DID keep it short.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
ebkinz addict! :)

ColliesRAwesome is a glorious beacon of lightColliesRAwesome is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: WHY? can yah tell me?

I am pretty sure that the 1, 2, 3 you are talking about are the page numbers for the thread. I can't really explain to you how they have more posts, I guess it just works out that way.
ColliesRAwesome is offline Female
Old 08-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #3

ChocolateCow has disabled reputation

well if im correct, the 1,2,3 that you are talking about are the page numbers. It all depends on how popular a thread is and such. The more posts they have, the more the word gets around and more people visit!!! This is just how it works,
Old 08-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
I'm back to a

bluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guidebluey1998 is a golden guide

I think you mean the 1,2, and 3 beside the thread name... right? If I am, they are page numbers. I don't know why some threads are so 'Popular', but it could be because it's useful, funny, or something everyone loves.
bluey1998 is offline Female
Old 08-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #5

i_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talent

Well you can read lilyrose's guide to making a successful thread, and follow her tips.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...130/?highlight
i_like_pie is offline Female
Old 08-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #6
I Forever Winter

Butterflies has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

To add to that, the "bubble NEW" just indicates that there are new posts which you have not viewed yet on that particular thread .. it you click on the NEW, it will take you to the first post that is new to you!

'hope this helps!
Butterflies is offline Female
Old 08-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #7
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

When someone post on your thread, the thread automatically goes to the top of the list. If no one writes on it, it slowly moves down as people either create new threads or post on old ones. If you end up on the top of the list, people are more likely to post and read the thread (how often do you read threads on the next page?... yeah, I thought so).

This is why there is a policy AGAINST bumping a thread. If bumping was allowed, people would post on their thread just to get on top and this could get WAAAY out of hand and abusive.

I've found that popular threads are part good topics and part luck (as in, how many people online at the time are interested in the subject) and part thread that is susceptible to posting. Sometimes very good threads do not get the popularity it deserves out of poor luck and sometimes because they are topics that only require someone to read it but not really need to post... except to say something like "Great idea" and "Nice" (or other such short comments). To link into luck, sometimes people are just to lazy to type "Thanks for the info".

Cheers!

P.S. For those who know me... I DID keep it short.
Azriel is offline Female
Old 08-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #8
Slytherin for this

Baby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

Yes as they said it's how many pages a thread has. A thread can be popular for many reasons. A few most popular are either a good idea, a really helpful post, a funny story, ect. Just keep making nice, informative threads and you should get good responses. Just remember not every thread can be super popular. Now since this question has been answered, pick the best answer and the thread will close!
Baby252 is offline Female
Closed