Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 02:18 AM   #1
e love our
Webkinz :)

arianaasj is a splendid one to beholdarianaasj is a splendid one to beholdarianaasj is a splendid one to beholdarianaasj is a splendid one to behold

Default Answered: The Whole Time Zone Thing

This isn't really a direct problem, but rather an ongoing issue. The way that Ganz separates it, KinzTime for all US members is on East Coast time. Well, for Americans on the other coast, this is awful because rare items can be on sale during the day when we're at school. Or a special activity can be at 6 AM, which is 3 for us.

In my case, I am usually stuck doing homework right after school until around 6, immediately followed by dinner. After chores, I usually cannot get onto Webkinz until 7, which is 10 pm KT. And there are very rarely any rare items on at that time. I usually stay online until around midnight, but that doesn't change anything. And I have no time in the morning to be online either.

I wish Ganz would have more activities, rare items, and sales later in the day/night.
arianaasj is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Ritzcracker
View Post Originally Posted by FBmom
Can a person with an Asian account friend a person with an American account? Can he/she meet up in the park or get together in a room? If so, this is the perfect solution.

Otherwise, it might be time for those of us who live in the Pacific Time Zone to campaign to Ganz to extend the hourly activities and other events to midnight KinzTime (9 pm our time) so kids who can only get into WW after chores and homework are done but before bed get a chance at all the fun things WW offers. I know they don't want to encourage kids to stay up too late, but that is also the parents job and Ganz needs to remember they have members in many time zones.

Thanks to any who can answer the extra question.
I'm a west-coaster, too. You can do anything with an Asian timezone account that you would with a NA account. My daughter opened one up back in the days when WW went down for maintenance every night (11:00 pm out here), and I used to play on her account all the time. Her account is friends with all our other accounts, and can meet with friends in other time zones.

There are lots of rares on for Asian accounts during the day, but, if you're trying to do hourly activities, they don't start till 11:00 pm PST on weekdays. On weekends, however, we can usually do most of the morning ones that we don't want to get up for at 6:00 am. The only problem I've ever heard of is parties. I'm not sure if that was ever changed, but it used to be that Asian accounts that were invited to parties ended up going at the Asian time, rather than the NA time, and therefore didn't meet with the other people that were invited. I have no idea if that is still the case or not. One other limitation of Asian or European time zones is that you have no Kinzchat plus, if that is an issue for you.

I hope that helps you with your decision.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
blessed with a curse
Gift Guru

wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Default Re: The Whole Time Zone Thing

View Post Originally Posted by WIKI
True Kinz Time

If an event is happening in True KinzTime, it happens three times a day, once in each of the Webkinz World time zones at the time on the clock in your account.
A good example of this is the Rare items at the Curio Shop. If an item is for sale at 8:00 am KinzTime, it will be for sale at 8:00 am KinzTime in each of the time zones. Asian accounts get it first, at 8:00 am (Asian time), European accounts get it next (at 8:00 am Euro Time), and American accounts get it last (at 8:00 am EST or DST time depending on the time of year).
Same Real Time

Some events all happen at the same time in Webkinz World. This means that they happen at the same time on American, European and Asian accounts irrespective of KinzTime.
A good example of this is the special clothing at PJ's Outlet. If an item is on special at 8 am KinzTime on American accounts, it is for sale at 1:00 pm KinzTime on European accounts and at 10:00 pm KinzTime on Asian accounts.
In our World

Your Time

The important thing, of course, is to figure out when something you want to do in Webkinz World is going to happen in your time. Depending on where you live, you are probably going to have to add or subtract a certain number of hours to know when to log on to Webkinz World.
for more information about time zones click
Time Zone Chart - Webkinz Insider Wiki

wenjun is offline Female
Old 04-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Sounds like you need to open an Asian account. This is easy to do, because you don't have to give your real country of origin when you make a new Webkinz World account. You can choose any country in the world.

If you're available to go on Webkinz from 7pm to 12pm Pacific time, it will be noon to 5pm Asian KT in your Asian account, and lots of Rares and daily activities at those times. Try it, you'll love an Asian account!
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 04-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Diabetes Awareness

FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Sounds like you need to open an Asian account. This is easy to do, because you don't have to give your real country of origin when you make a new Webkinz World account. You can choose any country in the world.

If you're available to go on Webkinz from 7pm to 12pm Pacific time, it will be noon to 5pm Asian KT in your Asian account, and lots of Rares and daily activities at those times. Try it, you'll love an Asian account!
Can a person with an Asian account friend a person with an American account? Can he/she meet up in the park or get together in a room? If so, this is the perfect solution.

Otherwise, it might be time for those of us who live in the Pacific Time Zone to campaign to Ganz to extend the hourly activities and other events to midnight KinzTime (9 pm our time) so kids who can only get into WW after chores and homework are done but before bed get a chance at all the fun things WW offers. I know they don't want to encourage kids to stay up too late, but that is also the parents job and Ganz needs to remember they have members in many time zones.

FBmom is offline Female
Old 04-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #5

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by FBmom

I'm a west-coaster, too. You can do anything with an Asian timezone account that you would with a NA account. My daughter opened one up back in the days when WW went down for maintenance every night (11:00 pm out here), and I used to play on her account all the time. Her account is friends with all our other accounts, and can meet with friends in other time zones.

There are lots of rares on for Asian accounts during the day, but, if you're trying to do hourly activities, they don't start till 11:00 pm PST on weekdays. On weekends, however, we can usually do most of the morning ones that we don't want to get up for at 6:00 am. The only problem I've ever heard of is parties. I'm not sure if that was ever changed, but it used to be that Asian accounts that were invited to parties ended up going at the Asian time, rather than the NA time, and therefore didn't meet with the other people that were invited. I have no idea if that is still the case or not. One other limitation of Asian or European time zones is that you have no Kinzchat plus, if that is an issue for you.

Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 04-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Diabetes Awareness

FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Ritzcracker

Thanks for the extra info! It does help me alot!

I personally am going to stick with NA accounts or I know I will start logging in for the Asian or EU specials at different hours than my regular account. And then when will I get sleep?

But it is good to know how it all works so I can make an informed decision and I can let friends know that are wrestling with the same issues.
FBmom is offline Female
Old 04-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
•// ❣ ѕoх ❣ //•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by wenjun
for more information about time zones click
Time Zone Chart - Webkinz Insider Wiki

That guide has all the time zones. Try opening an Asian account
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 04-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #8
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I sympathize with your problem. I am in PST also but fortunate I do not go to school or work. But sometimes there is a rare or some special activity on the weekend at 9AM KT and I am not up at that time. I do like being able to do some of the WKN and parent club events right after midnight which is only 9PM for me. But no matter where you are or what klnd of an account you have if you are going to school it's hard to find the time to do much of anything in WW. But just remember that your school is more important for you right now.
marnabear is offline Female
Closed