Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
Screamo

Default Unanswered: whimsy dragon help!

ok so have a whimsy dragon,and she smells really gross..im wondering if i should wash her (in the sink) i washed lots of my webkinz like that befor..but im wondering if i should wash her...has anyone washed there whimsy in the sink befor? what happened? tell me plz
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
Mud
Merralee
Gift Guru

Mud is a glorious beacon of lightMud is a glorious beacon of lightMud is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: whimsy dragon help!

Well,I have not had a whimsy,but I have dealt with lots of different stuff things and fabrics...first try tossing her in your dryer on very low heat for about 5 to 10 minutes with a dryer sheet.If that doesn't help gently wash her by hand in a sink full of lukewarm water and a tiny drop of shampoo,just make sure to rinse her well,then squeeze her with a towel to dry up most of the water left in her...either toss her in the dryer,again on low heat for a few minutes or just keep drying her with a towel and squeezing her and then letting her air dry the rest of the way.
Mud is offline Female
Old 08-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
It's Lapras, the
Webkinz :)

berner65127 will become famous soon enough

I've never washed any of my Webbies before... I don't have the Whimsy Dragon either...
I'm sorry I'm no help, but I know someone out there will be able to help. I hope they find this thread soon!
berner65127 is offline Female
Old 08-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #4
Save Our Planet!

ljfyle is a splendid one to beholdljfyle is a splendid one to beholdljfyle is a splendid one to beholdljfyle is a splendid one to behold

I do not have a Whimsy Dragon, but when me and my sister were jumping with our webkinz on the trampoline, hers fell in the pool and smelt like chlorine, so she put it in the Washer and Dryer, to dry it out AND to get rid of the smell, it was a Black Friesian, and it worked. You could try Washing it and drying it.
ljfyle is offline Male
Old 08-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #5

WgirlsMom has much to be proud ofWgirlsMom has much to be proud ofWgirlsMom has much to be proud ofWgirlsMom has much to be proud ofWgirlsMom has much to be proud of

I would suggest spraying it with fabreeze and putting it in the dryer with a dryer sheet. I so have a dragon and she smells fine. Good luck.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #6
Pixie is
Gifted

GardenCat will become famous soon enough

Yep, if she smells bad but looks fine, try Febreeze, or put her in a ziplock bag with a dryer sheet for a few days. If you put her in the dryer, make sure it's on the low setting and watch carefully to make sure she doesn't shrink!
Old 08-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #7

wahoo13579 is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the forum screamo and yes I have a whimsy dragon but I have never washed her

---------- wahoo13579 added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later ----------

welcome to the forum wgirlsmom

Last edited by wahoo13579; 08-28-2008 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
wahoo13579 is offline Female
Old 08-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #8
proud of 20

ssbd26 is an unknown quantity at this point

follow the advce a bove sry if this is no help.
ssbd26 is offline Female
Old 08-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #9
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

Great advice so far! I've not washed a Whimsy but I've washed other webbies. Some you can and some you can't. The lions & ponies for example - you can't dry because it ruins that furry hair on their manes/tails. I've washed some of the dogs however. I use a mesh laundry bag (used for socks or hosiery), wash on gentle, cold. Then tumble dry still in the bag briefly on low, low heat -- just long enough to get some of the dampness out of them. Then I let it finish air drying.

The problem with the Whimsy is that sparkly material on the belly & neck. You might try tying it inside an old white Tshirt to wash gentle, cold. Do not dry however. There is also a thing called Odo-Ban. You can spray the dragon with that and the smell will poof away. I find it works much better than Febreze
smitchell is offline Female
Closed