Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Dorothy is a
Gift Guru

jkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant future

Donation Award 
Default Unanswered: Where has the search button gone?

Hi! I used to use the advanced search button for looking for items on WI, mostly for trade purposes. I know that there is still an advanced search option if you're looking for WI members, but the general search button available now is a google web search, not a WI search. I hope I'm making myself clear...how do I search for an item on WI? Thanks in advance
jkb1957 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Where has the search button gone?

It has become Google search and I think it is MUCH more efficient I just tried it and I had what I was looking for within seconds, you just have to look below the Google tags and ours are RIGHT there

---------- Dixiecup added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later ----------

Oh, By the way, it is a 'Google CUSTOM search' meaning it is custom to

Last edited by Dixiecup; 02-20-2009 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
I may or may
Gifted

Ilovemom619 knows the way
Ilovemom619 knows the wayIlovemom619 knows the wayIlovemom619 knows the way

Post Re: Where has the search button gone?

View Post Originally Posted by jkb1957
Hi! I used to use the advanced search button for looking for items on WI, mostly for trade purposes. I know that there is still an advanced search option if you're looking for WI members, but the general search button available now is a google web search, not a WI search. I hope I'm making myself clear...how do I search for an item on WI? Thanks in advance
Hi, yesterday on another thread justin said he took it off because it requires searching almost eleven million posts and he is trying to find away to do it more efficently. I will go try to find it so you can see exactly what he had to say.
~~Ilovemom619

Here is the link http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ection-471983/

Last edited by Ilovemom619; 02-20-2009 at 06:19 PM..
Ilovemom619 is offline Male
Old 02-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
ithout a doubt
Gift Guru

rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by jkb1957
I don't see it either how to search for items in someone's GE. The Google Custom search brings up threads on WI but not trade threads so I don't know what's up with that. ???
rickekinz is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
Dorothy is a
Gift Guru

jkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant future

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
It has become Google search and I think it is MUCH more efficient I just tried it and I had what I was looking for within seconds, you just have to look below the Google tags and ours are RIGHT there

---------- Dixiecup added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later ----------

Oh, By the way, it is a 'Google CUSTOM search' meaning it is custom to
Yes, I saw that. But the old search used to let you know what thread you were looking in (it would distinguish between the gift exchange and a discussion thread). I found it very helpful set up that way.

---------- jkb1957 added 0 Minutes and 36 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by rickekinz
I don't see it either how to search for items in someone's GE. The Google Custom search brings up threads on WI but not trade threads so I don't know what's up with that. ???
My exact point!

---------- jkb1957 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Ilovemom619
Hi, yesterday on another thread justin said he took it off because it requires searching almost eleven million posts and he is trying to find away to do it more efficently. I will go try to find it so you can see exactly what he had to say.
~~Ilovemom619

Here is the link http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ection-471983/
thanks for this!

Last edited by jkb1957; 02-20-2009 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
jkb1957 is offline Female
Old 02-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
☮+♥+:)
Gift Guru

aalovesyew2 is just really niceaalovesyew2 is just really nice

WebkinzInsider.Com Webkinz Forum - Search Forums
Is this what you were looking for?
aalovesyew2 is offline Female
Closed