Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
Call Me Kayelyn
Gifted

ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!

Default Answered: Where can I get base images for my graphics?

the question is in the title. I've searched everywhere. WHen I find a good place, i can't use the images because of copyrights. I've found copy-right free places but I'm not fond of the photos at a lot of them. The copyright free places were: Pics4Learning, AP Photo Archive.
ratgirl57 is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by NedOwl
View Post Originally Posted by ratgirl57
the question is in the title. I've searched everywhere. WHen I find a good place, i can't use the images because of copyrights. I've found copy-right free places but I'm not fond of the photos at a lot of them. The copyright free places were: Pics4Learning, AP Photo Archive.
If you really want to abide by the rules (which is definitely necessary for some things) then your best bet is stock sites On DeviantArt some stock owners rules allow you to use their stocks on any site you wish. Just be sure to read their requirements.

You could also consider joining a graphics site that have stock images in packs for use in your graphics. Lucid Art Community - Unreal Portal is the one I use. (They have a section for free-use stock packs as well as render sections (though bear in mind that renders are usually from official screenshots from anime and tv shows, though most companies do not seem to mind if you use that sort of thing for sigs or avatars. Just don't pass them off as your own artwork or anything like that).

If you just want background textures for your images then the best site by far for that is grsites:- GRSites.com Texture Maker (All are free for use you just have to say where you got it from).
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Thunderpaw! SkyClan!
Webkinz :)

kittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roost

Default Re: Where can I get base images for my graphics?

www.weheartit.com that's what i use. you have 2 sift throu all the junk though....
kittycaty is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
Call Me Kayelyn
Gifted

ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by kittycaty
www.weheartit.com that's what i use. you have 2 sift throu all the junk though....
It says copyright to the respective owners at the bottom though- and if someone there sees you using their photo they can file something on you.
ratgirl57 is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
Call me Sarah! c:

tiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talent

Nobody here has ever gotten in trouble for using an image, it's totally fine.
tiggy2 is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

If you do an advanced search on Flickr, you can click an option to only find photos you can use and modify, adapt, or build on: Flickr: Advanced Search
Old 06-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #6

WoofWoof has disabled reputation

like kittycaty said, weheartit.com is a fabulous place to get pictures from. if you are really concerned about copyright problems, you could watermark or tag the corner with the author's name.
WoofWoof is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
•// ❣ ѕoх ❣ //•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

I find images and use this site to make them here's the site i use to make my avatars www.lunapic.com
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #8
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

weheartit is fine. i use it all the time. but theres a lot of EDIT you dont want to see on that site...
also try photobucket and even google images

Please do not use inappropriate language.
Electrabuzz1

Last edited by Electrabuzz1; 06-16-2011 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: Removing inappropriate word.
jellydonut is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #9
Gifted

Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up
Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up

We heart it has some really good pictures
You shouldn't even worry about the copyright on there because most of the pictures on there aren't even owned by the people who put them on there, they are pictures that people found online and added to the site. And honestly, pretty much every site you go on is going to have something on there addressing the copyright. You are not going to get in trouble for using a picture you found online.

Last edited by Jenny; 06-16-2011 at 07:47 PM..
Jenny is offline Female
Old 06-17-2011, 06:12 AM   #10
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted
NedOwl has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by ratgirl57
If you really want to abide by the rules (which is definitely necessary for some things) then your best bet is stock sites On DeviantArt some stock owners rules allow you to use their stocks on any site you wish. Just be sure to read their requirements.

You could also consider joining a graphics site that have stock images in packs for use in your graphics. Lucid Art Community - Unreal Portal is the one I use. (They have a section for free-use stock packs as well as render sections (though bear in mind that renders are usually from official screenshots from anime and tv shows, though most companies do not seem to mind if you use that sort of thing for sigs or avatars. Just don't pass them off as your own artwork or anything like that).

If you just want background textures for your images then the best site by far for that is grsites:- GRSites.com Texture Maker (All are free for use you just have to say where you got it from).
Closed

Tags
jellydonut!, reachyourdreams:)