Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

anniekodi1116 is the bees knees!anniekodi1116 is the bees knees!anniekodi1116 is the bees knees!anniekodi1116 is the bees knees!anniekodi1116 is the bees knees!anniekodi1116 is the bees knees!anniekodi1116 is the bees knees!

Question Unanswered: When adopting a Sea Otter...

When you adopt a Sea Otter, do you get the opportunity to buy an underwater room? I adopted an Otter on Christmas Day... and I bought a regular room and wondered if I was supposed to get an underwater room. Sea Otters do live in the water, right? Can someone help me out, so I know if I should contact Ganz or not.

Thanks so much you guys!!
anniekodi1116 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
Revive our hearts
Gift Guru

IzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: When adopting a Sea Otter...

You do not get the opportunity to buy an underwater room with the sea otter. I do not understand this, since sea otters do live in the water.
IzHannah is offline Female
Old 12-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #3
Save Our Planet!

ljfyle is a splendid one to beholdljfyle is a splendid one to beholdljfyle is a splendid one to beholdljfyle is a splendid one to behold

You do not get to get an underwater room, i wish you did though
ljfyle is offline Male
Old 12-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #4

WildWK wows us all with wonderWildWK wows us all with wonderWildWK wows us all with wonderWildWK wows us all with wonderWildWK wows us all with wonderWildWK wows us all with wonderWildWK wows us all with wonderWildWK wows us all with wonderWildWK wows us all with wonderWildWK wows us all with wonder

Sea Otters live on both land and water.Ganz just chose to have the otter's room to be on dry land.And yes,otters do nap in the water.
WildWK is offline Female
Old 12-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #5
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

I have a Sea Otter, and Ganz has chosen to treat it as a land animal. No underwater room! If you already have a fish, and an underwater room, your sea otter will wear a bubble when he goes in it, just like a dog or cat.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 12-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #6

anniekodi1116 is the bees knees!anniekodi1116 is the bees knees!anniekodi1116 is the bees knees!anniekodi1116 is the bees knees!anniekodi1116 is the bees knees!anniekodi1116 is the bees knees!anniekodi1116 is the bees knees!

Oh really? Okay, because I looked it up on Google and everyone was saying you do get one. Alright, thank you.
I really wish they said they were an underwater animal. I really want him to live in the water. Well, to bad.
anniekodi1116 is offline Female
Old 12-28-2008, 04:20 PM   #7
Revive our hearts
Gift Guru

IzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clown

If you do have the ability to buy underwater rooms, you could put your otter in there still. that is what I will do with my otter. He will just have the bubble around him the whole time....but I think he would like it underwater.
IzHannah is offline Female
Old 12-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #8
Asacardimus
Gift Guru

Asacardimus is an unparalleled talent
Asacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 3 

Sea Otters do indeed spend a lot of time in water, but they are mammals, just like seals, whales and dolphins and have to breath air 'cause they can't breath water. Both seals and Sea Otters also have dens/breeding grounds on land to bear and raise their young until they are ready for the water, whereas dolphins and whales never go onto land and bear and raise their young in the water. Maybe those differences are why Ganz made the Sea Otter a land animal (like the seal). After all the frogs and turtles (many of which spend huge amounts of time in the water) also are treated as land critters.
Asacardimus is offline Female
Old 12-28-2008, 04:37 PM   #9

slandgirl is on a distinguished road

I have a sea otter and I have him in an underwater room as I think it suits him better.
slandgirl is offline Female
Old 12-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #10
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I think it was a choice that may have been really difficult for them to make because an otter doesn't live underwater..it hunts there, gets it's food there but it can't breathe there so, although it spends it's life in the water to a greater degree it is still an air-breather. The best thing you could probably do is buy it a pool...then it has a source of water But it FLOATS on the surface, it doesn't live under the water like a fish.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Closed