Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

wishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Unanswered: What's the difference...

Between a room party and a house party, and how do you host them?
wishgirl78 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
aiting Patiently
Gifted

Smile4me has a reputation beyond reputeSmile4me has a reputation beyond reputeSmile4me has a reputation beyond reputeSmile4me has a reputation beyond reputeSmile4me has a reputation beyond reputeSmile4me has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: What's the difference...

This answer is from information I have learned here on WI. (check other posts because I am still learning)

1) The party in your room is one that you purchased at the W-Shop and it is a package that decorates your room like the theme of the package.

2) A house party is a term I found in the Party Section of WI. There are some members that have all the games, bowling alleys, and so on. They will have a house party and invite their friends to come play. It doesn't have treat bags, and it is not forced into a 30 minute window by Webkinz World.

*if anyone sees that I am incorrect please let me know
Smile4me is offline Female
Old 07-17-2010, 05:09 PM   #3

wishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clown

How do you get a house party onto the party widget in my page then though?
Old 07-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #4
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

A room party - As Smile4Me stated, is a party that restricts guests to one room of your Webkinz house. You buy a package at the Wshop, drag it into a room, set it up and when the time you specified comes, you get a button to go to the party. The party is decorated with specific furniture and will not look like your room.

A house party - A 'party' hosted by a WW member where they invite people over to their house. The guests are free to wander throughout your house and will see it as it is. There are no virtual invitations, you're just inviting people over. You will not be able to get a widget on MyPage that would display that...

As to the MyPage question, that would be for a Room party. Just make sure you have a Shout box widget (I believe) added, the party time should then appear there, as well as the option (only visible to others) to request an invite (if there's space left).

Hope that sorts everything out...
for any more questions on Room parties,
Party Packs - Webkinz Insider Wiki
For more info on MyPage,
MyPage - Webkinz Insider Wiki
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Old 07-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #5

But look...

Click the image to open in full size.

And here's a room party:

Note: This is not my page. I will not tell whose it is, just in case they don't want me to.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:46 PM   #6
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

It's just a guess, but maybe a House Party is where you can host a party that takes place in your entire house
Whereas a room party is just for one particular room?
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 07-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #7
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

View Post Originally Posted by wishgirl78
But look...

And here's a room party:

Note: This is not my page. I will not tell whose it is, just in case they don't want me to.
They are both the same thing, I don't know why one says Room and one says House.
I believe that's just a glitch.
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Old 07-17-2010, 11:20 PM   #8
Diabetes Awareness

DragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshine
DragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshine

WI Subscriber

They are the same thing. Both are the parties where you buy a party box from the wShop. I was thinking they might be related to the theme of the party but I didn't pay attention when I threw my parties to see which theme said house and which ones said room... I do know I have been to both and they are definitely the parties from the wShop.

As others have said when talking about them on WI people usually stick to the conventions mentioned above...

Have I thoroughly confused you now?
DragonsFly is offline Female
Old 07-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #9

Thanks for the help everyone! So they are just the same?
Closed