Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #11
Packerdan205
Webkinz :)

Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!

Default Re: What will happen with my pets/account if I do system restore?

Looks like either a ****** repair job, or a virus. I'll read it again and try and diagnos it.

View Post Originally Posted by Amyloveswebkinz
Hi Everyone,
How is everyone doing?
We are still having a terrible time with things not working properly at all on either one of our computers ever since the Remote Access was done a couple years ago.
Wasn't sure what will happen if we do System Restore. What will happen to like my pets that I've adopted after that point of time?
Do we need to back stuff up or something?
Since if we do that, my email address and stuff was different in the past than it was now, and other information is not the same either.
So, have no idea what will happen. Just scared I will lose all my stuff and hard work I've done.

Just tried getting Adobe Flashplayer Update, and don't have any sound. Lost sound out of everything we do. Windows Media Player, Realplayer, nothing we do has any sound at all.
Then we tried to reinstall Flashplayer, and still is not helping anything.
View Post Originally Posted by Amyloveswebkinz
Hi,
How is everyone doing?
Thank you so much for all the help with all of these somewhat confusing things.

We have given up with this repair guy, since he does not seem to want to tell us any
of that information. My mom just tried 1 more time to try and find out what all he did
do and used. He writes back now saying it wasn't even him who did anything with the
computer and it must have been someone else who has the same name as he does.

It seems to have affected all of our accounts. Yes, we can not login because it tells us our password is wrong. So, he must have changed something. All of our usernames and passwords are on our computers. When we hit Tools, and go view all that information, it has all those columns. One of the columns is Username, another is Password, another that says site.
Plus some other areas of the computer it lists all that too.
So, yes, whoever is using the computer, is going to see all of that information that is typed there.
Some of the things even have my Social Security Number and Credit Card information there.
Along with so much other information. Some of the things for the Username, it seems to have our Email address listed for it.
So, yes, my Credit Card has even had to be cancelled because of all this. Got a phone call about someone trying to use it possibly. They said that they are trying to find out if the credit card is valid. So, that makes them think someone is possibly going to try to use it.

The other thing too is our computers didn't even come from a store at all. Was ordered from Dell and got what we wanted on it. So, the delivery man delivers it to the house and comes in and sets everything up. Same as when we just ordered our new big/widescreen tv. They come in and set everything up and show you how to do different things. Changing the size of things, screen resolution I guess you would call it? The Ratio thing, I guess you would call it.

Can't remember if I mentioned already, I have a medical alarm/alert thing, that is hooked up to the whole system. That can not be disabled or messed up in any sort of way, or I wont be able to get help if I fall or something.
So, with no sound working at the moment since the update of Adobe we just tried to do.
Really need that back so I can hear if someone is asking me what is wrong, and I can't hear what they are asking me.
I've tried going into like Geeks To Go to get some help with the no sound. Some of the things that they try to tell me to do, I can't physically do it anyways.
I also keep at the moment trying to back everything up, and nobody seems to know how to do it. I'm looking for instructions, and when I put the disc in, other things keep telling me that it can't recognize it.
I sort of thought there was a place you could go to format it, but can't seem to remember exactly where that area is. Like how to get to it.
Like do I hit File, Edit, view, history, bookmarks, tools, help.
Ever since some of my chronic illnesses I have got worse. One of the things that has damaged the way I remember things Hepatitis A. Plus some of the illnesses I have cause short term memory loss anyways along with some of the medications I have to take too.

I do know alot though about computers though. A bit more than some people even realize, how much I really understand about things. I learned alot of things from my Dad(passed away due to cancer) being a computer programmer. We always would chat with each other. When he is at work, and I'm here at home. We enjoyed doing all these things together. Which of course makes it even more upsetting, because some of the files that are now missing or possibly even damaged are things that me and my Dad had been working on together. Missing Alf stuff. Since me and my Dad were huge fans of the show.

About the only things I still get a bit confused on, is what exactly characters to start and stop at.
Like for a link. I thought I understood what links are. Just still sometimes not sure if I need to put brackets or any other punctuations, like quotation marks. Since in some examples, they seem to put certain things, which it seems the software/programs we use already have those brackets and some of the other things it does for us. All we do is type the paragraph, sentences.
So, like in the examples, it seems to show like <p>
but I did not have to type that part. Seems like my software,like Microsoft Word, all of that does that for us. Plus since it's difficult for someone like me have to do all that typing if I don't need to.
I have a terrible time sometimes figuring out how to word things so that others will understand what I'm trying to say.
Alot of that I is due to learning disabilities I have had all my life, plus I guess shyness is some of my problems too. Although I'm getting better with all those things.

Talk to you later.
Take Care,
Amy
How old is your Computer? it might just be dieing.
If it is a newer computer a system restore shouldn't hurt your WW/WI accounts since they are web based. If you are running on an older system (Windows 2000, Windows 97) it wouldn't hurt to upgrade to a Windows XP or Windows 7. I don't now much about remote accessing, but my Dad does it all the time from his office, and it shouldn't have hurt you computer. This might have been caused by something the repair guy did. I don't know what to do then.

Last edited by Packerdan; 03-12-2011 at 05:50 PM..
Packerdan is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #12
hovian ;)
Gifted

CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!

System Restore does NOT do anything to your Webkinz account or WI account or anything web based (anything on the Internet).
I suggest uninstalling Flash, then reinstall it with the newest upgrade.

If that doesn't work, your computer may be too old. Buy a new computer or laptop with Windows XP/7?

Best of Luck, dear
CandiiDucky is offline Female
Old 03-13-2011, 04:22 AM   #13
furbyamy
Webkinz :)

Amyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Both mine and my mom's computers which were working just fine before whatever it was that was done, things are no longer working properly anymore, and they never helped with the original things we were needing help with in the first place.
One of the major things that keeps happening anytime any repairman does things to the computers, is that we can not get back into our accounts at all. Yes, Webkinz Insider, Email, so many other accounts we have, we can not get back into them anymore because it will tell us our password that was correct before the repairman did whatever it is he did, is no longer correct anymore.
So, we can't get back in, and have to purchase a whole new account, emails, everything we have to purchase again.

Yes, we already have Windows XP.
Already tried reinstalling Adobe several times. Still does not work.
No sounds anyplace. When we try to watch movies or anything, when we put the DVD into the DVD drive, we can't hear anything.

Also, like we said, the guy who did the Remote Access, keeps saying he didn't even do any kind of work with our computers. He keeps trying to now say their must be someone else with his name that we are talking about.

The other big thing too that the Remote Access guy did was put files and other personal information online that are not suppose to be for everyone to see. The files have our Social Security Number and Credit Card information and so much other things in them.
We had to cancel my credit card due to this. Since someone was trying to use it.
At least some of those files are like our Address Book/Contact List. So, that has other peoples stuff in it too that they don't want out there either.
Amyloveswebkinz is offline Female
Closed