Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
furbyamy
Webkinz :)

Amyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Unanswered: What will happen with my pets/account if I do system restore?

Hi Everyone,
How is everyone doing?
We are still having a terrible time with things not working properly at all on either one of our computers ever since the Remote Access was done a couple years ago.
Wasn't sure what will happen if we do System Restore. What will happen to like my pets that I've adopted after that point of time?
Do we need to back stuff up or something?
Since if we do that, my email address and stuff was different in the past than it was now, and other information is not the same either.
So, have no idea what will happen. Just scared I will lose all my stuff and hard work I've done.

Just tried getting Adobe Flashplayer Update, and don't have any sound. Lost sound out of everything we do. Windows Media Player, Realplayer, nothing we do has any sound at all.
Then we tried to reinstall Flashplayer, and still is not helping anything.
Amyloveswebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

Default Re: What will happen with my pets/account if I do system restore?

Your account will be ok, it's web based, not stored on your computer. You can access it from any computer.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 03-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
furbyamy

Amyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledge

That's what we thought, but it doesn't seem to be working on any computers when we try to access accounts that are suppose to be webbased, we can not access them.

For example, isn't WebkinzInsider forums web based too?
Before the Remote Access, this other Repairman who worked on the computer, after he worked on it,
We could not get into here anymore, along with several other things that were all working just fine before the Repairman took the computer and did whatever it is he did, but we do not know what he did, since he took the computer.

Then when he brings it back, we can not get into the accounts anymore.
It tells us our passwords and everything else is wrong when we try to reset everything back up and all.
Then when we tried to ask the repairman for help before he leaves, he doesn't seem to know any answers to any of the questions.

Last edited by Amyloveswebkinz; 03-09-2011 at 09:05 PM..
Old 03-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

So you DO have Flash installed? System restore may have changed a bunch of settings and things but not affected your actual WW account.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 03-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #5
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

I just had to do that 2 weeks ago. Afterward just go and download adobe flash and you will be fine. WW worked much better for me after I did a system restore. Good luck
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 03-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
furbyamy

Yes, we figure that system restore is messing with the settings. It's restoring things back from when you first bought it. Which before you bought it, you have not set anything up yet, such as time of the days, weeks, languages, passwords if any, usernames, channels, nothing was setup yet. Some of the things had already been installed at the factory though. So, yes, Adobe and other things came with the computer. Was preinstalled. Was just there when we plugged it in.

So, when the repairman brings the computer back, we can not get into the accounts anymore.
Then we have to pay for a new account, since we can't get into the old stuff anymore.
They say they will send us the setup instructions to our email. We can't even get into our email to get the reset instructions since the password or something is wrong for that too.
So, then they don't believe we are the owners of our accounts anymore, since the information we are giving them is not correct for something, still not sure what exactly.
They will ask us like where were we born, they even ask what is your security number. So, even that has been changed too is what must be happening. They will just say that for security reasons they can't tell me what answers we are giving them is wrong.
So, looks like we no longer even own our own computer anymore. They say stuff such as you can not install things on a machine if you do not have Administrative rights to install stuff on it.
So, just seems like we keep going around in circles.

Shouldn't a repairman know these things before doing whatever it is they are doing?
Since when you ask them to help us since these things were working just fine before they took our computer.
Also, some of the other things we have just always had problems with, since we are not sure where exactly to even go in order to set these functions up.
Such as, where do we go to setup the Sessions and all that stuff?
Like user sessions. Stuff like that.
Someone told us when we wrote to them about a problem getting into our stuff, they told us sounds like we have some kind of a child prevention software causing this. Which yes, we know our computer came with it, but do not know where to go to do these settings.
We keep looking everywhere our manuals, then it seems some of the instructions aren't even there at all. Like it's missing instructions we should have recieved.

Here is a list of some of the Errors we keep getting, when we try to do any of our stuff:
1. Security Error: Content at http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ may not load data from Need expert help: Setting local login session duration restrictions - PC Help Forum.
2. Error: Permission denied to call method Location.toString
3. Warning: Unknown property 'KhtmlOpacity'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: GAM call passback burst
Line: 5
4. Warning: Expected end of value for property but found '1px'. Error in parsing value for property 'border'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...79dc-00005.css
Line: 480
5. Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'color'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: Somebody Help!
Line: 0
6. Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'filter'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://www.webkinz.com/assets/script...x/colorbox.css
Line: 65
7. Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'width'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: Welcome to Webkinz
8. Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'height'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: Welcome to Webkinz

Then when we try to figure out what to do even, we can't figure that out either. Like why is it even saying we have an error, and where do we need to go in order to correct any of these errors?
Like it's saying an error for the borders, and all that. Then when we try to click and see what they are even talking about, it still does not make sense. It said to do it that way in the instructions. So, it looks like the instructions people are giving us are incorrect in the first place.
Which is the other reason is where do we go in order to find the correct instructions?
When we look at what is set there, it says the word border and then there seems to be a colon and a number 1 and then a px with no spaces. betwen the 1 and the px
and also, we notice it seems to have I guess are those quotation marks around the 1px that it says it says after the word found. In the error? It's hard to read what most things even are.
So, that is the other big problem we have with so much of this stuff. It's hard to even tell what character we are even suppose to stop with.
And then is the other problems because of somethings, languages they say go from the right to the left? Maybe that is some of our problems. Something with that is setup wrong possibly. Just not sure where that would even be where we need to go to specify these settings.
Since some of the things even keep saying error with the width and the height, this is probably why we can not find things at all. Maybe something is covering something up because of this setup wrong someplace. But then since all it says is an error with the width and height, but what portion is the error in? Like is the error for the width and height at the bottom, left, right, top, center?
So, maybe this is why we sometimes think things are not there, and it is there. Like the sounds and volumes and audio section, the mail sections, is being covered up by something else.
Then when like we go to file and page setup, when we try to do the functions such as putting a different number into the box, it goes back to the old stuff before. Doesn't allow us to make any corrections to even that.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:32 AM   #7
Gift Guru

karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest
karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest

We had to do it a few time long ago and nothing happened. We just had to do updates and things nothing to do with webkinz Good Luck!
karenpd is offline Female
Old 03-11-2011, 02:52 AM   #8
furbyamy

But we can't figure out where to go to do these updates at?
For those errors we have for Webkinz.
Since it's saying about the Errors I listed above.
The Width and Height and all those other errors.
We don't know where to go to do this at. We can't seem to get into the area of the computer we need to go in order to do this at all.
We are all locked out of our stuff since it tells us we are not the owners of our account anymore.
So, we can't do any of the updates since we can't get into the account to even do them.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #9
Yipes bunnies

Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all
Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all

View Post Originally Posted by Amyloveswebkinz
But we can't figure out where to go to do these updates at?
For those errors we have for Webkinz.
Since it's saying about the Errors I listed above.
The Width and Height and all those other errors.
We don't know where to go to do this at. We can't seem to get into the area of the computer we need to go in order to do this at all.
We are all locked out of our stuff since it tells us we are not the owners of our account anymore.
So, we can't do any of the updates since we can't get into the account to even do them.
hi amy, did not read all of your post. but looks like you have a bunch of errors. i dont seem to have much success with system restore changing stuff , as they say, back. always looks the same to me. i think system restore is used to get rid of a Windows up-date that may have adversely affected your computer.

i picked out one of your error messages and did a quick search. i am posting a pic of what comes up and it looks like a JAVA problem and affects all bowsers. i didnt go into those search results and investigate, too much and those too technical. but like i said JAVA pops out

as for your WW account, as it was said above, WW saves all that info on their servers. it is not on your computer.

i'm back and have read your entire post now. the easiest way to "fix" problems is for a repair man to just re-install your Windows. with all those errors it looks like the repair guy used a bootleg copy of Windows. ask him where he got the Windows installation disk. when you buy a computer your Windows and programs all have a serial number with makes it specific to your machine and cant be used anywhere else.

also, when your computer is sitting on the store shelf, the installed programs, like Java, Adobe, drivers are getting old and need to be up-dated.

i will do more research and post again.

Last edited by Lucy Hippo; 04-28-2011 at 06:32 AM..
Lucy Hippo is offline Female
Old 03-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #10
furbyamy

Hi,
How is everyone doing?
Thank you so much for all the help with all of these somewhat confusing things.

We have given up with this repair guy, since he does not seem to want to tell us any
of that information. My mom just tried 1 more time to try and find out what all he did
do and used. He writes back now saying it wasn't even him who did anything with the
computer and it must have been someone else who has the same name as he does.

It seems to have affected all of our accounts. Yes, we can not login because it tells us our password is wrong. So, he must have changed something. All of our usernames and passwords are on our computers. When we hit Tools, and go view all that information, it has all those columns. One of the columns is Username, another is Password, another that says site.
Plus some other areas of the computer it lists all that too.
So, yes, whoever is using the computer, is going to see all of that information that is typed there.
Some of the things even have my Social Security Number and Credit Card information there.
Along with so much other information. Some of the things for the Username, it seems to have our Email address listed for it.
So, yes, my Credit Card has even had to be cancelled because of all this. Got a phone call about someone trying to use it possibly. They said that they are trying to find out if the credit card is valid. So, that makes them think someone is possibly going to try to use it.

The other thing too is our computers didn't even come from a store at all. Was ordered from Dell and got what we wanted on it. So, the delivery man delivers it to the house and comes in and sets everything up. Same as when we just ordered our new big/widescreen tv. They come in and set everything up and show you how to do different things. Changing the size of things, screen resolution I guess you would call it? The Ratio thing, I guess you would call it.

Can't remember if I mentioned already, I have a medical alarm/alert thing, that is hooked up to the whole system. That can not be disabled or messed up in any sort of way, or I wont be able to get help if I fall or something.
So, with no sound working at the moment since the update of Adobe we just tried to do.
Really need that back so I can hear if someone is asking me what is wrong, and I can't hear what they are asking me.
I've tried going into like Geeks To Go to get some help with the no sound. Some of the things that they try to tell me to do, I can't physically do it anyways.
I also keep at the moment trying to back everything up, and nobody seems to know how to do it. I'm looking for instructions, and when I put the disc in, other things keep telling me that it can't recognize it.
I sort of thought there was a place you could go to format it, but can't seem to remember exactly where that area is. Like how to get to it.
Like do I hit File, Edit, view, history, bookmarks, tools, help.
Ever since some of my chronic illnesses I have got worse. One of the things that has damaged the way I remember things Hepatitis A. Plus some of the illnesses I have cause short term memory loss anyways along with some of the medications I have to take too.

I do know alot though about computers though. A bit more than some people even realize, how much I really understand about things. I learned alot of things from my Dad(passed away due to cancer) being a computer programmer. We always would chat with each other. When he is at work, and I'm here at home. We enjoyed doing all these things together. Which of course makes it even more upsetting, because some of the files that are now missing or possibly even damaged are things that me and my Dad had been working on together. Missing Alf stuff. Since me and my Dad were huge fans of the show.

About the only things I still get a bit confused on, is what exactly characters to start and stop at.
Like for a link. I thought I understood what links are. Just still sometimes not sure if I need to put brackets or any other punctuations, like quotation marks. Since in some examples, they seem to put certain things, which it seems the software/programs we use already have those brackets and some of the other things it does for us. All we do is type the paragraph, sentences.
So, like in the examples, it seems to show like <p>
but I did not have to type that part. Seems like my software,like Microsoft Word, all of that does that for us. Plus since it's difficult for someone like me have to do all that typing if I don't need to.
I have a terrible time sometimes figuring out how to word things so that others will understand what I'm trying to say.
Alot of that I is due to learning disabilities I have had all my life, plus I guess shyness is some of my problems too. Although I'm getting better with all those things.

Talk to you later.
Take Care,
Amy
Closed