Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

Default Answered: What is that sound ?? Strange noises in WW today !!

I keep hearing a "swoosh" sound followed by what can only be described as a "splat" sound. It's happening every few minutes and I don't have any animated items in my room, but that doesn't matter because it's happening no matter where I am in WW. In fact, I'm hearing them right now as I type this post (WW is open in another browser window and my pet is just sitting in a near-empty room).

Does anyone else hear these odd sounds or am I losing my mind ?? <-- rhetorical question, you don't have to answer that as I know I've already lost my mind ages ago
MysticZon is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by NEEDLEPLY
The swoosh sound is the snowman throwing snowballs. It's probably from the ads or if you have one or if you are in the ganz e store. Had to look to find the noise
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
Gift Guru

webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!

Default Re: What is that sound ?? Strange noises in WW today !!

Sure it's not an ad? Could be one of the ads in WW or WI, I haven't heard anything but I know one time it was late late at night, I was on WW and WI at the same time, the whole house was quiet and suddenly I hear this man's voice say "Congratulations you've just won" I jumped, my heart fell and just before wetting my pants I realized it was an ad on WI lol
webkinzmomma is offline Female
Old 01-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

The only noises I heard was from ads on WI as well.
I thought maybe with the splat it was the snowball throwing snowman on WW but he doesn't make a noise.
Now if you feel something wet and slobbery I would be worried LOL.. I think the dog licking one makes a noise, that one kind of freaked me out a bit one day
dawnscott1 is offline Female
Old 01-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #4

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

Hmmm, this could be. Ads. I hadn't thought of that. I'll keep an eye on which ads are playing while I'm in WW, WI and WKN and see if it's one of those. Thanks for the tip.
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 01-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
I miss you, Red
Gift Guru

Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered
Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzmomma
Sure it's not an ad? Could be one of the ads in WW or WI, I haven't heard anything but I know one time it was late late at night, I was on WW and WI at the same time, the whole house was quiet and suddenly I hear this man's voice say "Congratulations you've just won" I jumped, my heart fell and just before wetting my pants I realized it was an ad on WI lol

BAHAHAH!!!!

Whee!!! Thanks, I needed that laugh webkinzmomma!

We had a similar thing happen after my DDs left WJr open for a long time w/out logging out...suddenly there was a loud whistling and I, too, needed a fresh set of trousers!

View Post Originally Posted by MysticZon
I keep hearing a "swoosh" sound followed by what can only be described as a "splat" sound. It's happening every few minutes and I don't have any animated items in my room, but that doesn't matter because it's happening no matter where I am in WW. In fact, I'm hearing them right now as I type this post (WW is open in another browser window and my pet is just sitting in a near-empty room).

Does anyone else hear these odd sounds or am I losing my mind ?? <-- rhetorical question, you don't have to answer that as I know I've already lost my mind ages ago
TEE HEE!!!
What in the WORLD??!!
Did you have another window open to another game site or anything like that??

Last edited by Lolith; 01-21-2011 at 01:55 PM..
Lolith is offline Female
Old 01-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #6

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

The ads - at least that I can tell, don't make the noise.

The only "swoosh" sound I know of is the snowmaking machine; however, it doesn't activate if you are moving into that room while it's loading, unlike the icicle chimes, the Webkinz music box, the crackling fire place, etc.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #7
Pinefairy Diabetes A

NEEDLEPLY is the cats pajamas!NEEDLEPLY is the cats pajamas!NEEDLEPLY is the cats pajamas!NEEDLEPLY is the cats pajamas!NEEDLEPLY is the cats pajamas!NEEDLEPLY is the cats pajamas!

The swoosh sound is the snowman throwing snowballs. It's probably from the ads or if you have one or if you are in the ganz e store. Had to look to find the noise
NEEDLEPLY is offline Female
Old 01-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #8
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

It's the throwing snow snowman.
cheekyluver is offline Male
Old 01-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #9
Gift Guru

webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Lolith
BAHAHAH!!!!

Whee!!! Thanks, I needed that laugh webkinzmomma!

We had a similar thing happen after my DDs left WJr open for a long time w/out logging out...suddenly there was a loud whistling and I, too, needed a fresh set of trousers!

TEE HEE!!!
What in the WORLD??!!
Did you have another window open to another game site or anything like that??
LOL... I definitely wouldn't of been able to say "just before wetting them" had I heard a whistling sound
webkinzmomma is offline Female
Old 01-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #10
I miss you, Red
Gift Guru

Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered
Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzmomma
LOL... I definitely wouldn't of been able to say "just before wetting them" had I heard a whistling sound
BAHAHAH!!!

Yeah...the whistling is just another story altogether!!! wheee!!!
Lolith is offline Female
Closed