Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
furbyamy
Webkinz :)

Amyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Unanswered: What Files/Content Type Is Webkinz Using?

Hi Everyone,
How are you all doing?
I'm trying to hang in there, but having a hard time with alot of things not going right.
Computers still having problems and I have no idea what to select for different settings.
Like in Applications section of browser, it has 2 columns a
Content Type and Actions.
In the Content Type column, it seems to have like
Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Document
Adobe Acrobat Forms Document listed twice
Adobe Acrobat XML Data Package File
Application
Dell Image Expert Picture
DOCX File
mailto
MHTML Document
Microsoft Office Document Imaging File
Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
Microsoft Word Document (application/msword)
Microsoft Word Document (text/plain)
MIDI Sequence
MOV file
ODT file
PNG Image
Podcast
Text Document
Video Podcast
Web Feed
webcal
Windows Media Audio Shortcut
Windows Media Audio/Video file (video/x-ms-wm)
Windows Media Audio/Video file (video/x-ms-wmv)
Windows Media Audio/Video playlist (application/x-mplayer)
Windows Media Audio/Video playlist (video/x-ms-asf)
Windows Media Audio/Video playlist (video/x-ms-asf-plugin)
Windows Media Audio/Video playlist (video/x-ms-wvx)
Windows Media File
ZIP file

Anyways, I was wondering, what files are Webkinz considered since we do have to have Adobe for it. The Actions column seems to list what to use for things. Since the guy messed stuff up with the Remote Access, I don't remember any of the settings of what they were before. Trying to find a list of what they need to be set for.
Some of the stuff I listed above, I'm not sure if I wrote them correct. It's a bit hard to read some of the characters.

I still keep having the thing about the weird Chinese or Japanese characters. Still not sure what English would be since it's listed in the other language.

I also keep having a problem again on Webkinz with things not recognizing that we have Adobe Flash. It says it again that we need to get it. Tried to download it and it didn't work. It gave me a version prior to the one we already have I discovered after sitting there trying to download again.

Then when coming on the computer today, there is a message about a newer version of Flash Player.
But then on the Desktop, 1 thing that is there, I dont' know if it's related to it or not, it just says
MP10setup.exe
I don't know if that has anything to do with FlashPlayer? If I right click and look at the Properties, for the Description it says it's an Windows Media Component Setup Application. Type of file: Application.

Thanks,
Amy
Amyloveswebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #2
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Default Re: What Files/Content Type Is Webkinz Using?

Sorry I can't help you with any of this and sorry that the remote access guy did such a number on your computer. It seems to me you may have to find someone reliable to help you set things straight.

As far as flash goes, what browser are you using, because there are different versions of flash depending on the browser. If you are using FF you have to use the flash player that is for it.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 02-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
ants Diamond Apples!
Gifted

Jennifer36 defies all odds
Jennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all odds

Donation Award 

You are correct, MP10Setup is Windows Media and it helps run music and videos on your account. Not sure if it will help with Webkinz.

You don't mention what Browser you are using, and if you list that I am sure lots of people will try and help. And as Marnabear mentioned, it will help you determine what Adobe Flash player you need.
Jennifer36 is offline Female
Old 02-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
furbyamy

Amyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Yeah, the Remote Access guy was a hacker. That is why he messed everything up.
So, we are having to get it all fixed.
Don't know who to find reliable. That is the problem we are having is finding someone who will help us.
Since they don't use Webknz, they don't know what to do and stuff.
Like for the Content Type Settings and stuff like that. Those seem to be for the Browser Settings.
We have Bellsouth, which is now At&T.
So, we use there stuff to connect, and we don't use a browser to connect since switching from Dial-up to DSL.
I think those were in Mozilla the Content Type is where I found them.
I guess is that the name of the Browser? I'm not sure. We also have Internet Explorer, Bellsouth Internet Explorer and Netscape.

If I go to Help and About, Was able to copy and paste this part:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.19) Gecko/2010031422 Firefox/3.0.19

Now I'm not sure about the stuff in the Parenthesis.
It says Windows more than once. Not sure if it's trying to tell that is the version of Windows we have or what.

I'm wondering if possibly that MOV file is where I need to select Adobe Flash Player. But Not sure, since when we do use things in Webkinz, it comes up with the Adobe Flash Player Script Error, saying something about a script in the movie is causing it to run slowly and do we want to abort it.
For the MOV file thing, we have POWERDVD marked.So, not sure if maybe we should change it?

Also, it seems like all the stuff like the Adobe Flash Player stuff has all these settings you have to do with it too. Which we have no idea what they are suppose to be either. Like Global settings and stuff like that.
Any ideas what they want for them?

Last edited by Amyloveswebkinz; 02-10-2012 at 09:21 PM..
Old 02-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #5
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

A browser is not something you use to connect to the internet - it's what you use after you are connected in order to look at web pages. We are not asking what Internet Service Provider you are using but what you use to get to WW. Do you use Firefox or Internet Explorer or Chrome, or Safari? Those seem to be the ones people use when they have a PC and most use either Firefox or Internet Explorer for WW. A lot of people have the script error you get but the most recent version of flash player seems to help that problem a lot. if you are using Mozilla Firefox go to tools and then select addons. When you get to the next screen select plugins. Up at the top there should be a link that says check to see if your plugins are up to date. click on that and if your flash is not up to date download and install it.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
furbyamy

For us, our setups is completely different.
We are connected using a Router.
Yes, in the past, we had to connect using the Browser. The dialer is like built into the Browser, so when you click, it dials the phone number and connected to our Internet Provider.

When we switched to Bellsouth, which now they changed all their stuff up too, recently too.
Plus we have DSL. So, anyways, we are connected all the time through the Router, and whatever Browser Bellsouth puts in their setups.
I think it's called Bellsouth Internet Explorer is one of the Browsers we seem to have.
When I open up Firefox, nothing that you say is what we have at all.
We clicked on Addons, and then Plugins and nothing at all that says anything about Updates or anything.
Just lists a big long list of things,
I'll try to take a picture and put it here so you can see what I'm talking about, and why we are very confused about what to do.
Here are the pictures, I had 2 do a couple of pictures, since it wont allow me to get the whole screen, so the 1 on the left shows some of what is there, and the 1 one on the right, is showing parts of the other thing.
As you can see, in 1 of them, it says Disable by 1 of them.
But nothing in the list that says to Update anything as you can see.
So, that is why we are very confused here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgaddonsfeb112012pic1.jpg (70.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: pngaddonsfeb112012pic2.PNG (174.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
Autism Awareness

fishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonder

I'm sorry to hear that! You can try asking Webkinz! Here's the link in case you wish to contact webkinz. Contact Us

Best of luck!

Fishypuffy123
fishypuffy123 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2012, 02:05 AM   #8
marnabear

WI Subscriber

Your Firefox appears to have the most recent version of flash. Don't know what to tell you. We have DSL but no router. We have a modem and our computers are connected to that by plugging into that. It has wireless but we are not using that.
Closed