Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 02:06 AM   #1
I'm a Shabby Chic
Webkinz :)

peggios knows the way
peggios knows the waypeggios knows the waypeggios knows the waypeggios knows the way

Question Unanswered: What did I do wrong?I just posted my house and It didn't work

, it didn't work right! I have been at this for days now, and I have read all the instructions, and when I went to upload the pics, I clicked on "manage attachments" like it said and then it didn't go into the threads I had reserved for the rooms, ALL the room showed up in yet another post, and now I still have four empty ones saying "reserved for future use"....I am sooooooo frustrated!!!!! It has been so much work to even get it here, because I'm not a computer whiz so my daughter's friend showed me how to do a lot of it. What did I do wrong???
peggios is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 02:14 AM   #2
Gift Guru

commodore has disabled reputation

Default Re: What did I do wrong?I just posted my house and It didn't work

Hi peggios,

The posts that you reserved for future pictures - you need to go onto that post and post-edit. That means you edit the post.

To do this:

1. Click Modify
2. Click Go Advanced
3. Upload your photos
4. Save

I recommend that you use a free photo sharing site such as photobucket.com or tinypic.com (its free to join and if you have more than a few pictures open an account so you can upload lots of pictures there and copy the link to WI to show off your rooms.

To do this, have the photobucket/tinypic link to your photo and click on the little postcard with a stamp and paste the link. This allows the complete picture to show on your post and you can add something like "Kitchen".

If you attach pictures, they show as thumbnails and you can't add any text directly next to it.

Let me know if you need help. You can edit the post that has your house pictures and remove them and use them as a "reserve" post (or I can delete that post if you think you don't need it) and edit your first post and add the pictures to that one.
commodore is offline Female
Old 03-25-2009, 02:23 AM   #3
I'm a Shabby Chic

peggios knows the way
peggios knows the waypeggios knows the waypeggios knows the waypeggios knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by commodore
Hi peggios,

The posts that you reserved for future pictures - you need to go onto that post and post-edit. That means you edit the post.

To do this:

1. Click Modify
2. Click Go Advanced
3. Upload your photos
4. Save

I recommend that you use a free photo sharing site such as photobucket.com or tinypic.com (its free to join and if you have more than a few pictures open an account so you can upload lots of pictures there and copy the link to WI to show off your rooms.

To do this, have the photobucket/tinypic link to your photo and click on the little postcard with a stamp and paste the link. This allows the complete picture to show on your post and you can add something like "Kitchen".

If you attach pictures, they show as thumbnails and you can't add any text directly next to it.

Let me know if you need help. You can edit the post that has your house pictures and remove them and use them as a "reserve" post (or I can delete that post if you think you don't need it) and edit your first post and add the pictures to that one.
I have them in tinypics, but I couldn't get them to upload right...I must be so dumb. I really don't geet it. I tried what you said about modifying my posts and then I didn't know what to click on and whether to put it right here in the text box, or elsewhere. They were already in a list under manage attachments and if I copied and pasted that, it just came out words....
Old 03-25-2009, 02:26 AM   #4
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by peggios
I have them in tinypics, but I couldn't get them to upload right...I must be so dumb. I really don't geet it. I tried what you said about modifying my posts and then I didn't know what to click on and whether to put it right here in the text box, or elsewhere. They were already in a list under manage attachments and if I copied and pasted that, it just came out words....
At the bottom of each "post" box, there is the option called Modify. Look bottom right Then click Go Advanced and you will be in the editing mode.

Perhaps you have the url - and you need to post that to make it a link.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:28 AM   #5
Gift Guru

I know this is a lot of reading, but please take a look through this thread, it is very very helpful (I used this when I was new to WI).

Click this link:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...put-site-8630/
Old 03-25-2009, 02:37 AM   #6
I'm a Shabby Chic

peggios knows the way

I know this is a lot of reading, but please take a look through this thread, it is very very helpful (I used this when I was new to WI).

Click this link:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...put-site-8630/
OK, I got one to work, but I don't know how to delete my original. It won't let me put any in my other empty threads because the first one has too much in it and it exceeds my limit! When I click on "modify" it doesn't show the option of just deleting the whole thing???
Old 03-25-2009, 02:44 AM   #7
Gift Guru

One post has a limit of 20 pictures. Each simile - including one of the Webkinz (like the chipmunk on post 1) images you used is considered as one image. So you will need to highlight each Webkinz and press delete on your keyboard. Then click Save.

If you remove all 20 pictures it may not work - you'll need to have something ( picture or post ) in the post, you cannot have it vacant.

Just work on the first post to improve on that before you move onto your second post. In fact you can leave the subsequent posts as they are until you are ready to add more house pictures.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:49 AM   #8
I'm a Shabby Chic

peggios knows the way

One post has a limit of 20 pictures. Each simile - including one of the Webkinz (like the chipmunk on post 1) images you used is considered as one image. So you will need to highlight each Webkinz and press delete on your keyboard. Then click Save.

If you remove all 20 pictures it may not work - you'll need to have something ( picture or post ) in the post, you cannot have it vacant.

Just work on the first post to improve on that before you move onto your second post. In fact you can leave the subsequent posts as they are until you are ready to add more house pictures.
I am really, really stuck. The link you gave me is the one I read over and over and I read it again just now, and I don't understand it. I am really not good at this. Is there any way you can help??? I really just want to give up now. I wanted to name all the rooms, and on my new thread, I clicked modify so I could add names, but I get a list of jpg's and don't know where to or how to add the room names. I'm so sorry to keep bugging you, but I love looking at other's houses and I so want to show off my new work.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:52 AM   #9
Gift Guru

How about we start off by opening a Photobucket account?

Go to photobucket.com and register there.

Then upload all the images you need to use for your house thread and we'll go from there later in the day as I am about to log off.

I can help you clean up your thread etc when I'm on next time.

So for now, just prepare your pictures.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:54 AM   #10
I'm a Shabby Chic

peggios knows the way

How about we start off by opening a Photobucket account?

Go to photobucket.com and register there.

Then upload all the images you need to use for your house thread and we'll go from there later in the day as I am about to log off.

I can help you clean up your thread etc when I'm on next time.

So for now, just prepare your pictures.
Won't the tinypics account work? I have that already?
Closed