Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 03:41 AM   #11
Wincest otp

cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

Default Re: What can I do to ensure this won't happen again?

View Post Originally Posted by softbop
I must add (I know you already saw this, but for the public
I am assuming the hacker didnt take anything of super high value because they wanted to not make anything noticable
They took the small items and with more time they probably would have taken the big ticket things. So if anything goes missing make sure to take action IMMEDIATELY! If you dont you may end up losing prized items
It was all a pretty genious plan, but it was a long term one as well. They supposed you (cuteforpop) wouldnt notice anything till it was too late. . . the plan was workng but luckily cuteforpop you did something fast. the number one rule (lawyer rule) is to not assume your opponent is unsmart. I hope everyone gets what I am saying. . . .
I totally understand, and I know it's pretty clear to everyone else too, Softbop! This plan is pretty smart because you test it out with something like a PSF or small W-Shop item, and if they don't care, you just keep getting bigger...

Another thing I would like to add to this plan is that the reason that I didn't act on the two shirts and PSFs missing was because I thought it was a glitch, and Ganz cannot replace missing items, it's their policy. Well, if it had been one of my big ticket items than I would have DEFINATLEY called Ganz, changed my password, etc etc and they wouldn't have had time to do get anything else. And in the long run, they do get more items if they take smaller ones before the big ones...
cuteforpop is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2010, 03:45 AM   #12
bE hApPy
Gift Guru

softbop defies all odds
softbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by cuteforpop
I totally understand, and I know it's pretty clear to everyone else too, Softbop! This plan is pretty smart because you test it out with something like a PSF or small W-Shop item, and if they don't care, you just keep getting bigger...

Another thing I would like to add to this plan is that the reason that I didn't act on the two shirts and PSFs missing was because I thought it was a glitch, and Ganz cannot replace missing items, it's their policy. Well, if it had been one of my big ticket items than I would have DEFINATLEY called Ganz, changed my password, etc etc and they wouldn't have had time to do get anything else. And in the long run, they do get more items if they take smaller ones before the big ones...
The way you reacted cuteforpop is probably the way I would have acted
But now I am SUPER aware LOL (this has kinda freaked me out)
But I mean no one would have really caught on till this point. . . . . So what I was stating may have been hard to figure out in the begining
Now everyone is aware so this should prevent future hacking
I am off to bed, Night and I wish you the best of luck for the rest of the year with No Hacking and No problems
Night
Old 01-23-2010, 03:47 AM   #13
Wincest otp

cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by softbop
The way you reacted cuteforpop is probably the way I would have acted
But now I am SUPER aware LOL (this has kinda freaked me out)
But I mean no one would have really caught on till this point. . . . . So what I was stating may have been hard to figure out in the begining
Now everyone is aware so this should prevent future hacking
I am off to bed, Night and I wish you the best of luck for the rest of the year with No Hacking and No problems
Night
LOL Softbop. And honestly, as I told you in a VM, I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't logged on when my account was all jumbled.

Well if you're so freaked out I'm sure you'll be changing your password in the morning.

Yes, I hope it does. The truth is no one should overlook a LOLLIPOP missing from their dock because that could be the start of it.

Good night, Softbop, and thank you so much. I wish you a good night sleep.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:16 AM   #14
hy can't I be a
Webkinz :)

tammie2222 is a name known to alltammie2222 is a name known to alltammie2222 is a name known to all

It does sound to me like it's someone you know. Have either of you told anybody about your account or password?

It also sounds like your BFF has a good idea in changing her password every week. You should do the same. And like she said, make it really HARD to guess.

Last edited by tammie2222; 01-23-2010 at 09:16 AM..
tammie2222 is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #15
Supfcallyfuzzy bunny

fuzzywuzzy111 flows towards the sea of knowledgefuzzywuzzy111 flows towards the sea of knowledgefuzzywuzzy111 flows towards the sea of knowledgefuzzywuzzy111 flows towards the sea of knowledgefuzzywuzzy111 flows towards the sea of knowledgefuzzywuzzy111 flows towards the sea of knowledgefuzzywuzzy111 flows towards the sea of knowledgefuzzywuzzy111 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by cuteforpop
Thanks so much Softbop! You're the best buddy ever!

And I'm just kicking myself for assuming these things were glitches because if I had acted on it in the first place, I could have saved my lab coat and whole lot of work fixing my account.

And hiding my stuff is a really good idea! And see, I do this actually with my best clothing items, whenever I log out I always put my best items on my pet because it takes longer for them to see my pet than to see it in my dock. What freaked me out was that I checked my main pet who had all my best items on her, and they had moved her REALLY far away from the room she was previously in. Obviously, they would have HAD to see my best items!

Oh, and my BFF changes her password every week, she's a huge safety freak.
I think that you should delete all the people who it MIGHT be from your friends list. Then, they can't send items to themself and stuff. Also, you might want to keep all of your favorite items in a safe. They have them on WW. I'm sorry this happened!
fuzzywuzzy111 is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #16
oo hoo! I ♥ my

kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!

One other thing you can try if you still have problems (which I truly hope does not happen!). I have heard that in a worst case Ganz can change your user name. Without that, the hacker will have a much harder time. You can check with Ganz to see if they do this, but I'm pretty sure I've heard people here on say they have been able to have their WW user names changed. Best of luck! I hope it all works out for you.
kcbkat is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 11:35 AM   #17
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I think the very best thing you can do is call Ganz or have an adult call them and tell them that you have been hacked. They won't give you your things back, but ask them if they can change your userid for you so the hacker will not be able to get in. This will protect you in case the hacker somehow got ahold of one of your pet codes. And pick a password that you can remember but is hard for someone else to find out.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #18

Iceflower will become famous soon enough

Oh, i feel so bad for you! If the suggestions from softbop don't work (they probably will) you could change your password to one with case sensitive numbers and letters i.e. one more thing the password i'm about to use as an example is not real. cOrNChiPS235689

Good luck!! i hope you catch the hacker!
Iceflower is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #19
♥ FTP ♥
Gift Guru

kittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roost

Oh no! That *****!
Yeah, I always worry about
someone getting my password.
At least they didn't take all of your
really cool stuff! It seems like that
is the first thing they would do.
kittyhub54 is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #20
Wincest otp

View Post Originally Posted by tammie2222
It does sound to me like it's someone you know. Have either of you told anybody about your account or password?

It also sounds like your BFF has a good idea in changing her password every week. You should do the same. And like she said, make it really HARD to guess.
Only my two BFFs know it, and they wouldn't do that. Especially since I know all their passwords.

View Post Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy111
I think that you should delete all the people who it MIGHT be from your friends list. Then, they can't send items to themself and stuff. Also, you might want to keep all of your favorite items in a safe. They have them on WW. I'm sorry this happened!
View Post Originally Posted by kcbkat
One other thing you can try if you still have problems (which I truly hope does not happen!). I have heard that in a worst case Ganz can change your user name. Without that, the hacker will have a much harder time. You can check with Ganz to see if they do this, but I'm pretty sure I've heard people here on say they have been able to have their WW user names changed. Best of luck! I hope it all works out for you.
View Post Originally Posted by marnabear
I think the very best thing you can do is call Ganz or have an adult call them and tell them that you have been hacked. They won't give you your things back, but ask them if they can change your userid for you so the hacker will not be able to get in. This will protect you in case the hacker somehow got ahold of one of your pet codes. And pick a password that you can remember but is hard for someone else to find out.
The hacker is not someone I know, so the pet code idea is not possible.

View Post Originally Posted by Iceflower
Oh, i feel so bad for you! If the suggestions from softbop don't work (they probably will) you could change your password to one with case sensitive numbers and letters i.e. one more thing the password i'm about to use as an example is not real. cOrNChiPS235689

Good luck!! i hope you catch the hacker!
View Post Originally Posted by kittyhub54
Oh no! That *****!
Yeah, I always worry about
someone getting my password.
At least they didn't take all of your
really cool stuff! It seems like that
is the first thing they would do.
Thank you everyone so much, and if I didn't reply to your post directly I'm taking your advice.
Closed

Tags
be cautious * * *