Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 03:05 AM   #1
Wincest otp
 
cuteforpop's Avatar
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

Question Answered: What can I do to ensure this won't happen again?

Well, tonight I figured out that I have been hacked. To help out make this more sense, here's my story:

OK so someone WAS on my account. I wasn't worried because I assumed it was my BFF from real life. Well, me and this other person went into a "war" of who was going to be on the account (since there can't be two people on an account, you'll be logged out if someone logged on) and my BFF never does that. If she realizes that I'm on, she gets off and texts me that it was her.

Well, I hadn't gotten a text from her, and this person wasn't giving up, so I texted my BFF asking if it was her. And to my HORROR she said no. I then rushed to change my password and check if anything was missing. Well, it turns out they rearranged my account COMPLETELY. I mean bad. They changed my pet (not a big deal but still), changed a lot of my rooms, changed where my pets were, and made recipes on my account.

Then, I realized several items were missing. I have shutter shades, pink ears, and pilgrim hat, so I thought those would be gone for sure. To my shock, they were all there. And nothing TONIGHT was missing.

The thing is, is that I figured out that this has been happening for a span of atleast a month. I missing a Kinzstyle red puffy blouse, but ignored it because sometimes items go missing due to glitches. But then my Dr. Quack Lab Coat went missing. I, again, ignored it thinking it was because of glitches.

What topped me off was that my BFF told me that yesterday she recieved a package from me with some kinzstyle in it and a mining belt. I did NOT send this to her, so obviously my hacker did.

-------

What can I do to ensure this won't happen again? I did change my password, it's just that my password in the beginning was something I can't imagine someone figuring out on their own. What I'm getting at is they HAD to have a program figuring this stuff out, because I don't know how they guessed it. And if they have a program, this obviously can happen again...

And another thing, why do you think they didn't take more valuable things? I'm not complaining, it's just I have shutter shades, pink ears, rockstar jacket, etc and they take KINZSTYLE and TRADING CARD ITEMS of all things. It just doesn't make any sense...

P.S. My BFF (the one in the story) told me a couple of her items are missing too...

cuteforpop is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by softbop
I must add (I know you already saw this, but for the public
I am assuming the hacker didnt take anything of super high value because they wanted to not make anything noticable
They took the small items and with more time they probably would have taken the big ticket things. So if anything goes missing make sure to take action IMMEDIATELY! If you dont you may end up losing prized items
It was all a pretty genious plan, but it was a long term one as well. They supposed you (cuteforpop) wouldnt notice anything till it was too late. . . the plan was workng but luckily cuteforpop you did something fast. the number one rule (lawyer rule) is to not assume your opponent is unsmart, that is the flaw in their plan i think . I hope everyone gets what I am saying. . . .
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2010, 03:13 AM   #2
bE hApPy
Gift Guru
 
softbop's Avatar
softbop defies all odds
softbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all odds

Default Re: What can I do to ensure this won't happen again?

OK my friend here are some options to ensure safety:
1. Make sure your password is HARD to guess
2. Make sure your password is safe with everyone that knows it
3. Dont post your WWID in the open
4. Check or make a list of items you have to make sure nothing is stolen
5. If something suspicious happens, immediately change your password! Do NOT wait
6. If an item disappears, dont ASSUME its a glitch, call ganz to fix it or whatever to make sure it wasnt stolen
7. Be more cautious
8. This is not really anything but I wouldnt put your most valuable things in your dock cause it can be accessed easily (stolen easily by sending etc.). Hide things in your house (not too good though!), like maybe put a storage box that looks like a sofa or something in the worst room ever, that way its harder to find

Well I feel so bad for you! Keep safe!

Tell your BFF to change her password as well

Maybe they didnt have enough time to grab the really good stuff? I mean you go on a lot huh? So they didnt want to make it obvious, they took the small things you wouldnt notice. Get it?
(jr. detective speaking LOL!)
softbop is offline
Old 01-23-2010, 03:16 AM   #3
Wincest otp
 
cuteforpop's Avatar
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

Default Re: What can I do to ensure this won't happen again?

View Post Originally Posted by softbop
OK my friend here are some options to ensure safety:
1. Make sure your password is HARD to guess
2. Make sure your password is safe with everyone that knows it
3. Dont post your WWID in the open
4. Check or make a list of items you have to make sure nothing is stolen
5. If something suspicious happens, immediately change your password! Do NOT wait
6. If an item disappears, dont ASSUME its a glitch, call ganz to fix it or whatever to make sure it wasnt stolen
7. Be more cautious
8. This is not really anything but I wouldnt put your most valuable things in your dock cause it can be accessed easily (stolen easily by sending etc.). Hide things in your house (not too good though!), like maybe put a storage box that looks like a sofa or something in the worst room ever, that way its harder to find

Well I feel so bad for you! Keep safe!

Tell your BFF to change her password as well
Thanks so much Softbop! You're the best buddy ever!

And I'm just kicking myself for assuming these things were glitches because if I had acted on it in the first place, I could have saved my lab coat and whole lot of work fixing my account.

And hiding my stuff is a really good idea! And see, I do this actually with my best clothing items, whenever I log out I always put my best items on my pet because it takes longer for them to see my pet than to see it in my dock. What freaked me out was that I checked my main pet who had all my best items on her, and they had moved her REALLY far away from the room she was previously in. Obviously, they would have HAD to see my best items!

Oh, and my BFF changes her password every week, she's a huge safety freak.
cuteforpop is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 03:21 AM   #4
bE hApPy
Gift Guru
 
softbop's Avatar
softbop defies all odds
softbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all odds

Default Re: What can I do to ensure this won't happen again?

OK since they had around 45 minutes, they may have been worried you were logging in any sec so they just jumbled everything. It was probably only to scare you off for a bit. . . i think. . . hmm they may have not been added so they could send the good stuff. Have you accepted any suspicious FRs?

View Post Originally Posted by cuteforpop
Thanks so much Softbop! You're the best buddy ever!

And I'm just kicking myself for assuming these things were glitches because if I had acted on it in the first place, I could have saved my lab coat and whole lot of work fixing my account.

And hiding my stuff is a really good idea! And see, I do this actually with my best clothing items, whenever I log out I always put my best items on my pet because it takes longer for them to see my pet than to see it in my dock. What freaked me out was that I checked my main pet who had all my best items on her, and they had moved her REALLY far away from the room she was previously in. Obviously, they would have HAD to see my best items!

Oh, and my BFF changes her password every week, she's a huge safety freak.
Yah. . . .
Thanks, hmm maybe they got caught up in jumbling they forgot?
Haha LOL, i guess thats good for your BFF

I also suggest not putting all of your best things on 1 pet. Scatter it among your pets so its harder to get (I know your outfits probably wont be the best now, but you know its better than having no good stuff at all )

Plus, by scattering it will be harder for a hacker
Make everything as hard as possible
Its like a puzzle, make it impossible to solve
I hope this all helps and I hope all but goodness comes to you
softbop is offline
Old 01-23-2010, 03:22 AM   #5
Wincest otp
 
cuteforpop's Avatar
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

Default Re: What can I do to ensure this won't happen again?

View Post Originally Posted by softbop
OK since they had around 45 minutes, they may have been worried you were logging in any sec so they just jumbled everything. It was probably only to scare you off for a bit. . . i think. . . hmm they may have not been added so they could send the good stuff. Have you accepted any suspicious FRs?



Yah. . . .
Thanks, hmm maybe they got caught up in jumbling they forgot?
Haha LOL, i guess thats good for your BFF
Actually, yes, I have. It just dawned on me that I got this weird FR from out of the nowhere about a week ago. I forgot about it because FRs usually are harmless, and I forget if I accepted it or not.

What I think they've been doing for the past month (because they've had atleast a month of time on my account) is jumbling my account for the time they're on, and before getting off putting it back to normal. I do remember having a bunch of my food items disappear awhile back, but again, thought nothing of it.

P.S. Since they've known my password for so long, I'm pretty sure they've had time to take my best items.
cuteforpop is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 03:24 AM   #6
Wincest otp
 
cuteforpop's Avatar
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

Default Re: What can I do to ensure this won't happen again?

View Post Originally Posted by softbop
OK since they had around 45 minutes, they may have been worried you were logging in any sec so they just jumbled everything. It was probably only to scare you off for a bit. . . i think. . . hmm they may have not been added so they could send the good stuff. Have you accepted any suspicious FRs?



Yah. . . .
Thanks, hmm maybe they got caught up in jumbling they forgot?
Haha LOL, i guess thats good for your BFF

I also suggest not putting all of your best things on 1 pet. Scatter it among your pets so its harder to get (I know your outfits probably wont be the best now, but you know its better than having no good stuff at all )

Plus, by scattering it will be harder for a hacker
Make everything as hard as possible
Its like a puzzle, make it impossible to solve
I hope this all helps and I hope all but goodness comes to you
You do have a good point, putting it all on one pet is a bad idea. I'll start doing that.

And thanks so much, Softbop, you're the best.
cuteforpop is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 03:26 AM   #7
Webkinz :)
 
Amouse's Avatar
Amouse will become famous soon enough

Default Re: What can I do to ensure this won't happen again?

View Post Originally Posted by cuteforpop
Actually, yes, I have. It just dawned on me that I got this weird FR from out of the nowhere about a week ago. I forgot about it because FRs usually are harmless, and I forget if I accepted it or not.

What I think they've been doing for the past month (because they've had atleast a month of time on my account) is jumbling my account for the time they're on, and before getting off putting it back to normal. I do remember having a bunch of my food items disappear awhile back, but again, thought nothing of it.

P.S. Since they've known my password for so long, I'm pretty sure they've had time to take my best items.

I was just about about to say delete everyone from your friends list, because someone could work at guessing your pw for hours, just by knowing your username. That's how my neighbor got hacked, although the hacker turned out to be the kid she was babysitting
Amouse is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 03:27 AM   #8
bE hApPy
Gift Guru
 
softbop's Avatar
softbop defies all odds
softbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all odds

Default Re: What can I do to ensure this won't happen again?

View Post Originally Posted by cuteforpop
Actually, yes, I have. It just dawned on me that I got this weird FR from out of the nowhere about a week ago. I forgot about it because FRs usually are harmless, and I forget if I accepted it or not.

What I think they've been doing for the past month (because they've had atleast a month of time on my account) is jumbling my account for the time they're on, and before getting off putting it back to normal. I do remember having a bunch of my food items disappear awhile back, but again, thought nothing of it.

P.S. Since they've known my password for so long, I'm pretty sure they've had time to take my best items.
Hmm I made a thread a while back about getting a mysterious FR and everyone replied that I should IMMEDIATELY delete it
So make sure you know who you are accepting as a friend on WW
Hmm true Strange hacker
Well I hope I have helped and I hope you are now FULLY cautious
I am really creeped out now LOL, night

View Post Originally Posted by cuteforpop
You do have a good point, putting it all on one pet is a bad idea. I'll start doing that.

And thanks so much, Softbop, you're the best.
Your welcome (I need to take my own advice LOL)
softbop is offline
Old 01-23-2010, 03:31 AM   #9
Wincest otp
 
cuteforpop's Avatar
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

Default Re: What can I do to ensure this won't happen again?

View Post Originally Posted by Amouse
I was just about about to say delete everyone from your friends list, because someone could work at guessing your pw for hours, just by knowing your username. That's how my neighbor got hacked, although the hacker turned out to be the kid she was babysitting
You mean Ganz doesn't have a limit of times you can type a username and password in? That's crazy!

In the morning I will delete the majority of my unknown friends from my list, I just can't imagine someone doing that.

View Post Originally Posted by softbop
Hmm I made a thread a while back about getting a mysterious FR and everyone replied that I should IMMEDIATELY delete it
So make sure you know who you are accepting as a friend on WW
Hmm true Strange hacker
Well I hope I have helped and I hope you are now FULLY cautious
I am really creeped out now LOL, night



Your welcome (I need to take my own advice LOL)
Wow, strange FRs are dangerous.

LOL! Strange, but I'm not complaining.

Oh, Softbop, you know you wanna take your own advice!
cuteforpop is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 03:35 AM   #10
bE hApPy
Gift Guru
 
softbop's Avatar
softbop defies all odds
softbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all odds

Default Re: What can I do to ensure this won't happen again?

I must add (I know you already saw this, but for the public
I am assuming the hacker didnt take anything of super high value because they wanted to not make anything noticable
They took the small items and with more time they probably would have taken the big ticket things. So if anything goes missing make sure to take action IMMEDIATELY! If you dont you may end up losing prized items
It was all a pretty genious plan, but it was a long term one as well. They supposed you (cuteforpop) wouldnt notice anything till it was too late. . . the plan was workng but luckily cuteforpop you did something fast. the number one rule (lawyer rule) is to not assume your opponent is unsmart, that is the flaw in their plan i think . I hope everyone gets what I am saying. . . .

Last edited by softbop; 01-23-2010 at 03:39 AM..
softbop is offline
Closed

Tags
be cautious * * *

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts