Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Hoosier-Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightHoosier-Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightHoosier-Daddy is a glorious beacon of light

Default Unanswered: Weird observation on Server Times

Not sure if it has any relevance to the off and on issues with sluggish or dragging servers, but I have noticed there are times when I (and my children) move from "arcade" to "my room", or "my room" to "today's activities", and the time in the lower left changes. Also there are times when we are both on two different computers, with two different times displaying there...

I began wondering if it was related to the flakiness, since I know that some things can flake out in my work environment if times are not sync'd properly between server and PC, or two servers talking to each other (an issue between a web server and database server, specifically, which would seem to correlate directly to WW environment)...

One example, my oldest daughter missed an hourly on Christmas Day because she was on a server that was like 30-35 minutes behind the one (or several) that the rest of us ran our hourly's through... (she was like, no hurry, when we were like, you have 2 minutes!) She switched to Today's Activities and the time jumped back to correct at the new "screen" that loaded.

Hope this is an original thought, I did try searching for a similar thread (without results) several times in different ways before starting a new thread...
Hoosier-Daddy is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
Addicted to

pjsangel71 has a spectacular aura aboutpjsangel71 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Weird observation on Server Times

i've noticed this happens most often with Quizzy's
pjsangel71 is offline Female
Old 12-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #3

kelren has a spectacular aura about

I also have noticed this.

Well,Good Observation!
Old 12-30-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

psangel, good EYE, yes it does. We notice this a LOT in the Asian thread. We see the time skew and it usually means something has kinda gone wack-a-doo. Before they Synced the rares they had a problem with certain activities skewing the time back about 15 minutes, which would force us to get off and re-log so that we could find out when the next rare was
I think that Ganz may be forced into a maintenance tomorrow, to be honest. Everything seems to be crashing inward...

---------- Dixiecup added 2 Minutes and 20 Seconds later ----------

Hoosier, hang out at the Asian thread and you will learn A LOT! A person or persons with awesome knowledge about anything related to the computer end of things would be msclockart and Dadof3...They are both very well versed in 'computer-ese.'

Last edited by Dixiecup; 12-30-2008 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #5

Hoosier-Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightHoosier-Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightHoosier-Daddy is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm... having a bit of difficulty locating this asian thread... a little help here?
Hoosier-Daddy is offline Male
Closed