Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Webkinzinsider and Malware?

View Post Originally Posted by flowergirlesl
I was trying to get on WI from my google chrome browser and it said that webkinzinsider was hosting adds that were not appropriate and contained malware. This shocked me because I never saw that warning before! Right now I switched browsers and am running a spyware/malware/virus check.

Maybe Justin should look in this????
I am getting this too. On Safari i get the page telling me and on Rogers i get warnings for it.
I'm going to PM a mod or admin about this...
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #12
For Trades Only
Gifted

flowergirlesl is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
I am getting this too. On Safari i get the page telling me and on Rogers i get warnings for it.
I'm going to PM a mod or admin about this...
Thanks, give them the link to this thread so that they see that its not an isolated situation!

---------- flowergirlesl added 159 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

I will flag the front post!

Last edited by flowergirlesl; 02-15-2009 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-16-2009, 01:43 AM   #13
webcrazy has a spectacular aura aboutwebcrazy has a spectacular aura about

I too had a problem this past week and when I ran a scan it indicated malware. I couldn't figure out where it could have come from as I am only ever on my four daily websites I visit.
Today my computer has a major virus and I'll be getting it looked at in a day or two. I hope admin can find out how to block this from their site.
Glad (sort of - you know what I mean) that someone posted this - now I know that others have gone through this too.
If you have any tips or specific software you use, post that info too.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:12 AM   #14

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I haven't seen that malware warning, but there were some inappropriate adds a week or two ago, advertising for lingerie with a scantily clad woman and using words that would not be allowed in the forum. Don't know if there's any connection.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #15
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

We believe the issue to be resolved. If you continue to experience it, please notify an administrator.

fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #16
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Unfortunately, the software we use for the front page was deemed "End of Life" some months ago and the company producing the software is no longer updating the code with security updates. As such, some malicious person is using a security hole in the front page software to insert code into some of the articles.

I have identified the security hole and patched it. Although it has been fixed, it highlights an important issue that needs to be addressed. As a long term solution, we will be converting to a different CMS that is still in development and will continue to provide security fixes. Unfortunately, this is a difficult transition and may take a few weeks to complete.

We'd like to stress that what is happening is in no way affiliated with WI, or any of its advertisers, and if we can identify the culprit, there will be legal consequences.
Justin is offline Male
Closed