Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
For Trades Only
Gifted

flowergirlesl is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Webkinzinsider and Malware?

I was trying to get on WI from my google chrome browser and it said that webkinzinsider was hosting adds that were not appropriate and contained malware. This shocked me because I never saw that warning before! Right now I switched browsers and am running a spyware/malware/virus check.

Maybe Justin should look in this????
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Webkinzinsider and Malware?

I think it's a glitch. On the front page a while ago, Google was saying every website had malware/spyware/viruses. WI is completely safe If you still don't feel comfortable using WI, you can PM a mod/admin to make sure
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
For Trades Only
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I think it's a glitch. On the front page a while ago, Google was saying every website had malware/spyware/viruses. WI is completely safe If you still don't feel comfortable using WI, you can PM a mod/admin to make sure

Yeah, I remember seeing something like that on the front page, and I never had a problem with WI before, but it said there was an ad from a site that hosted malware, and lets just say the site was not fit for kids!

I trust that WI is safe but maybe that ad was one from the google ads that are on the bottom of the page that randomly regenerate when you type something related to them.

Hopefully it IS just a glitch and gets sorted out soon!
Old 02-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by flowergirlesl
Yeah, I remember seeing something like that on the front page, and I never had a problem with WI before, but it said there was an ad from a site that hosted malware, and lets just say the site was not fit for kids!

I trust that WI is safe but maybe that ad was one from the google ads that are on the bottom of the page that randomly regenerate when you type something related to them.

If it IS an ad, I would use the pop-up blocker. I think that Justin is aware of the ads and is trying to fix them
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
4 Accts. please ask
Webkinz :)

KaileysMommy has a spectacular aura about

This just happened to me too. WI was the only thing I had open.Here is a copy of everything my virus scan popped up. I am also running my scan right now.

4:12 PM: File System Shield: found: Virus: Troj/SwfDldr-H, version
4:12 PM: File System Shield: found: Virus: Mal/PDFEx-B, version -- File system Read/Write denied
4:12 PM: File System Shield: found: Virus: Mal/PDFEx-B, version -- File system Read/Write denied
4:12 PM: File System Shield: found: Virus: Mal/ObfJS-BO, version -- File system Read/Write denied
4:12 PM: File System Shield: found: Virus: Troj/SwfDldr-H, version
4:12 PM: File System Shield: found: Virus: Troj/Dloadr-BZA, version
4:12 PM: File System Shield: found: Virus: Mal/ObfJS-BL, version -- File system Read/Write denied
4:12 PM: File System Shield: found: Virus: Mal/ObfJS-BL, version -- File system Read/Write denied
4:12 PM: File System Shield: found: Virus: Troj/Dloadr-BZA, version

---------- KaileysMommy added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later ----------

The ad that was up on the top of my screen when it happened was for the online game crossfire.

Last edited by KaileysMommy; 02-15-2009 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
KaileysMommy is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #6
ow, prizes are back!
Gifted

MNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by flowergirlesl

A lot of members saw that ad earlier this week. I know the Admins have been notified of these ads that randomly show up.
I had it happen to me this week clicking on a thread. I thought I had misclicked an ad by accident, but I heard from a lot of people that they had it happen to them also.
MNBert is offline Male
Old 02-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
AtlantaBravesFan

AtlantaBraves has a spectacular aura about

I had a problem that has bugged me for a week....

Win32.Zafi.B

This was a advertising virus that would just keep popping up even though my pop up blocker was on and norton was on.

The only 2 websites that I have been visiting is WI and WW.

It took me forever to figure out how to get rid of it, but Windows Defender did the trick for me!

I am not saying that WI is not safe, I am saying there might be a problem with some of the ads.
AtlantaBraves is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #8
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

Almost everytime I log on to WI it says Malware was found... it does not give my computer a virus though. I think it is just giving me a sign that there is malware somewhere... but not on WI, I am sure of it!

▬ΣMMA
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #9
erksh is an unknown quantity at this point

Kaspersky slapped down something yesterday when I tried to pop in here -- slapped up a warning about malware/adware (can'temember) and wouldn't load WI.

Somthing is going on.
erksh is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
For Trades Only
Gifted

I sure hope this gets fixed...and soon.
Closed