Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 07:25 AM   #1
Canstralian!
Gifted

jenga_jane is an unparalleled talent
jenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talent

Default Unanswered: Webkinz World on a netbook?

So it turns out that in the next 2 months, my family will be acquiring, in one way or another, two netbooks. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever tried playing WW on a netbook, and if the screen gets cut off majorly or if it just doesn't work.

I have a small laptop (not small enough to be a netbook) and if I want to see the whole screen on WW, I have to play in Full Screen Mode (i.e. F11). It's annoying, but I work around it. Will it be the same on a netbook, or will it be worse?

Thanks!

- Jane
jenga_jane is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
ishes she was a
Webkinz :)

webkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to beholdwebkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to beholdwebkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to beholdwebkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 
Default Re: Webkinz World on a netbook?

We have two net books. Yes it is annoying but possible. I have to click the login in button and then cut and paste that address bar onto a new full size page. If you use the small page you get when you click log in, the screen is cut off and I have not yet found a way to change it. When I cut and paste the address bar and then log in, it works for me. Then you can scroll up and down to see the full screen.
webkinzmomof4 is offline Female
Old 03-04-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

You can use the netbook. It's not as nice but you can do it.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:10 AM   #4
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

1) Install Firefox.

2) Copy and paste
http://mci2.webkinz.com/loader4.php?go= ... aol=0&fs=0

into the top bar.

3) Save a bookmark to the site.

3) Now just make the web window full screen, by selecting View/Full Screen from the firefox menu bar.

You'll have a vertical scroll bar at the side to so you can see the bottom of the screen by scrolling down.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #5
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

I got my netbook about a month ago, and I can do everything in Webkinz World except decorate a large room. I have trouble dragging stuff from the dock to the back of the room because I can't view the back of the room and the dock at the same time. Other than that, it works great.
FIA is offline Female
Old 03-04-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
e in DwarfWithdrawal

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

There have been a ton of really interesting posts on this.
It might be good to gather & sticky them. Seems to be a more & more common question.

Some solutions involve using particular websites, some play with screen resolution.
Here is one I quoted before:

Here is a reply in another thread that offers another solution:

Click the image to open in full size. Re: New Netbook screen too small for Webkinz!
The problem is the way Webkinz is coded - it won't automatically adjust.
Most sites do.

What you need to do is to change the resolution of your screen, and you may need to play
with it to get the right combination.

The fastest way is to right click on your background. This will bring up a menu.
One of the options will be something like "Graphics Properties" (can vary by manufacturer).
You want "Display Settings". One should be "Screen Resolution".
On mine, 1024 x 768 is a good option. The sizes, and number of possiblities, varies by
manu. and by individual machine [the model in the store when we got ours had about 20,
ours has 13, we saw some with as few as 4].

If you cannot get to it that way, try your Start Menu, Control Panel, Appearance and Themes,
which should have a Screen Resolution option.

If you still can't find it, search on the web for your model, or call place of purchase.

On ours, this makes the screen a "window" which sees most of the background, but we need to
scroll across [via mouse] to see the parts not on screen - like using a magifying glass to read a
page - you have to move the glass sometimes.

Good luck!!!!

Last edited by Twizzlerz; 02-05-2010 at 03:08 PM..
SoccerSlave is offline Female
Old 03-11-2010, 02:20 AM   #7
Canstralian!
Gifted

jenga_jane is an unparalleled talent
jenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talent

Thanks, everyone. Just got the netbook this morning & I've been playing around with it for a while now. (I apologize in advance for any typos - these are mini keys!) Bookmarked this thread so I can return to it. Right now SoccerSlave's suggestion is working out, but I think in the long run, I'll be letting my mom play with her new toy.

- Jane
jenga_jane is offline Female
Old 03-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #8
RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!

Yeah, I've also had this problem for quite a few websites. Unfortunetly, I don't know a way of fixing it.
RexfordButchBD is offline Female
Old 03-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #9
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

TRY THIS:

1) Install Firefox.

2) Copy and paste

into the top bar.

3) Now just make the web window full screen, by selecting View/Full Screen from the firefox menu bar.

You'll have a vertical scroll bar at the side to so you can see the bottom of the screen by scrolling down.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #10
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by canonymous
TRY THIS:

1) Install Firefox.

2) Copy and paste

into the top bar.

I am going to have to try this! I cannot get WW on my netbook, and don't want to keep going on to my husband's machine to do it!

-- Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Closed