Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
Honey2800
Webkinz :)

Honey2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant future

Default Unanswered: WW Locking up, how do I fix it?

Quote:
I keep getting the please wait and it just never goes past that. I have to X out clear my temp files and go back in. I am getting the green screen at times and other glitches. The site was locking up. I can't do my gardening, or any of my other daily stuff.

I updated my AVG antivirus to AVG free 9.0 last night because 8.5 will no longer be updated... But it had not caused any probs with other sites, only webkinz.
For those of you with AVG 9.0 if you are having the same problems I am, try going into your AVG, double click on the Link Scanner and uncheck all 3 of the boxes to disable it.
I did that... and it looks like my probs have cleared up... I am hoping that has fixed the problem... we will see.

And I hope this helps anyone else having this problem too.

Last edited by Honey2800; 11-03-2009 at 12:38 AM.. Reason: I think I found a solution to the problem.
Honey2800 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #2

Webkinz_Widower is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: WW Locking up, how do I fix it?

Problem solved! Honey2800 rocks!
Webkinz_Widower is offline Male
Old 11-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
GiantPandaLover11

Pandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having the same problem,but I have a question..
Won't I be at risk if I disable that feature on AVG?
Pandah is offline Female
Old 11-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
Gift Guru

acourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talent

Bless your heart! You solved our problem. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
acourt is offline Female
Old 11-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

Congrats on finding the solution!
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 11-03-2009, 01:09 AM   #6
Honey2800

Honey2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by Pandah
I'm having the same problem,but I have a question..
Won't I be at risk if I disable that feature on AVG?
Well look at it this way... if when you install it and do a custom install and can install AVG 9.0 and choose not to install that program... then is it entirely nessisary?
Also... if you have a good firewall and the rest of your antivirus up and running (and updated) and don't go about clicking on questionable sites... then you shouldn't have a problem.
If it really bothers you then ask a professional... and be sure to tell them of all the probs that program is causing.

We will see tomorrow if this is a perminant fix when I go to do my dailies. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
I stumbled upon some forum posts on an avg forum that directed me to disable the link scanner....I am hoping that my discovery helps not only myself but other fellow Webbie owners that are having probs.

Last edited by Honey2800; 11-03-2009 at 01:12 AM..
Old 11-03-2009, 02:25 AM   #7

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

Ah, so I'm not the only one that had a problem with AVG 9.0! I downloaded that the other day, and was promptly glitched for the rest of the day. The next day I uninstalled AVG, but have been worried that my computer is now at risk. I was wondering if I can go back to the old version, and re-install it.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 11-03-2009, 03:01 AM   #8
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

well, avg says that the old version will not be supported anymore so that is why we all had to d/l the 9.0................. so if its not updated it is no use really. i know spme of my problems started after i d/l my new avg too but again, it was during last week that the site itself was a mess, and it does not affect any other place i go so i am not convinced that it is my avg and it is not ww instead.................................... what i did was i d/l another browser that i jsut use for ww. i d/l the windows version of apples safari and it works wonderful................... Apple, that way im still protected by avg and i can use ww ok.............. so far. if it starts acting weird, well then i will have to try to disable the linkscanner.....................

thank you so much honey for bringing this to our attention, and i will remember this for if my safari starts acting weird..................or if i want to use my ie8............ it was nice of you to share this. rep for you, and a 5 rating on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 11-03-2009, 07:44 AM   #9
Honey2800

Thank you Basmat, and accrding to Cnet.com's AVG forum... some people were having probs with safari and the link scanner.

Ritzcracker, Basmat is correct... a antivirus that is no longer supported and updated will not be effective.

OH! I just did my dailies at WW and there were no probs. So disabling the Link Scanner worked to fix my probs. YAY!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #10
batgirl2021

batgirl2021 is a name known to allbatgirl2021 is a name known to allbatgirl2021 is a name known to all

Thanks for this information...my computer is working again!
batgirl2021 is offline Female
Closed