Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #11
ishes for Webkinz
Gift Guru

mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence
mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: WW keeps quitting on me.

I have Explorer and Norton Antivirus, and my computer still quits. i get the message that the *something* has been unexpectedly unplugged, and I need to double click. I have no clue what that means. . . .
mimzysmom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #12
Lil Kinz

icedmocha1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know what the unplugging issue is but, if you go into tools, internet options, and delete cookies, you should not get logged out as often. When I am in WW, and I keep getting kicked out or logged out, I go and delete my cookies. This seems to help.

I hope this helps!

Traci
icedmocha1 is offline Female
Old 09-09-2008, 04:26 PM   #13
Love WW
Gift Guru

JINGLES139 is the cats pajamas!JINGLES139 is the cats pajamas!JINGLES139 is the cats pajamas!JINGLES139 is the cats pajamas!JINGLES139 is the cats pajamas!JINGLES139 is the cats pajamas!

Thanks everyone for your input. I have been getting the message to update Firefox but it also happens on Safari. WW is not logging me out. Firefox and Safari applications are "unexpectedly quitting". When I spoke with Gantz 3 weeks ago, she said they knew this was happening on IE but I was the first to call about a MAC. I was on today for 6 hours with no problem and now it just happened again. I thought the problem miraculously was gone. Oh well
JINGLES139 is offline Female
Old 09-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #14
Lil Kinz
abrookeg2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same problem! Here's my question though. Our family has a Dell and an Apple. We used the Dell for Webkinz up until about a week ago when we sold it. Now we're using the Apple for Webkinz. Does anyone notice an extreme slowness/sloppiness issue when on Webkinz using Safari or Firefox? Games, Alyssa's Star Challange, and the Gem Hunt are so slow compared to Windows! Is that fixable? Thanks!:abn:
Old 09-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #15
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by JINGLES139
I have a Mac computer, WW quits on me after about 10 minutes. It happens on Firefox & Safari. Does this happen to anyone else? It does not happen on my DH's PC or any other site. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks
Hi JINGLES!! This question was asked a few weeks ago, and I posted on the Apple support page for Safari. It is a problem with the Adobe Flash Player and Mac OS 10.5.4 - the most recently updated Leopard version. I made sure that we had the current version of Flash Player, that Safari and Firefox were up to date as well as Leopard being up to date, and that is where the problem is. There is some kind of script that isn't working between Leopard and Flash Player. It was suggested that I completely uninstall Adobe Flash Player and re-install an earlier version of it, but I am too chicken to mess too much with this.

I am totally kinzcash poor, as I can't play any games I guess I could do quizzy questions - you might try to do that in the meantime.

Oh, I would be sure to send the reported problem to Apple, so that they get to see what is happening.
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Old 09-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #16
Love WW
Gift Guru

JINGLES139 is the cats pajamas!JINGLES139 is the cats pajamas!JINGLES139 is the cats pajamas!JINGLES139 is the cats pajamas!JINGLES139 is the cats pajamas!JINGLES139 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by SnoopysGirl
Hi JINGLES!! This question was asked a few weeks ago, and I posted on the Apple support page for Safari. It is a problem with the Adobe Flash Player and Mac OS 10.5.4 - the most recently updated Leopard version. I made sure that we had the current version of Flash Player, that Safari and Firefox were up to date as well as Leopard being up to date, and that is where the problem is. There is some kind of script that isn't working between Leopard and Flash Player. It was suggested that I completely uninstall Adobe Flash Player and re-install an earlier version of it, but I am too chicken to mess too much with this.

I am totally kinzcash poor, as I can't play any games I guess I could do quizzy questions - you might try to do that in the meantime.

Oh, I would be sure to send the reported problem to Apple, so that they get to see what is happening.

Hi Snoopysgirl: Thank You for replying. I have Tiger 10.4.11 not Leopard. Do you think that makes a difference. I reported it to Apple, maybe 10-15 times. I do all my updates and just updated Firefox. I just keep wishing it will go away.

Where do I find the Apple support page? Thank You
JINGLES139 is offline Female
Old 09-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #17
Webkinz :)

ilexicon is on a distinguished road

I feel really bad for all of us that are having these Mac/Webkinz problems...but I sure am glad to know it isn't just me! Just since I updated to the latest version of Firefox, I have been really noticing the incessant (yet, inconsistent) crashing. I have Leopard (10.5.4) and Firefox 3, but I was also just on my Mom's computer and the same thing happened on 10.4.11 (I think it was .11...the latest 10.4 version), I didn't think to check if she had the new version of Firefox, but it happened with both Firefox and Safari. I totally suspect that it is a flash player/mac problem (it has been a Webkinz (intensive flash) only issue for me), but there's not much I can do but wait and find a work around. I have all the latest updates and there is no way I'm going backwards (that would cause as many headaches).

But in the meantime, I have found a possible solution (not sure if it is my 'solution' or chance....over the past few weeks it goes from constant instant crashing to a day of all hunky dory)...anyway, for a day now I have been exiting Firefox everytime I logout (especially between changing accounts)...being sure that I have Preferences set to clear all private data upon closing Firefox. For a day now, all is fine as long and I actually exit Firefox. If I just clear the private data while it is open, then Firefox has quit on me. I don't want to lose anymore KC than I have over this!

Hoping for smooth running software (and hardware) for all! (I do believe in Miracles!! ) Meanwhile, it isn't so bad when I'm forced off Webkinz and can get myself to do other productive and creative activites!

oh yea...here is link to apple support contact info:
http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

Last edited by ilexicon; 09-10-2008 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: add apple support link
ilexicon is offline Female
Old 09-11-2008, 12:01 AM   #18
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by JINGLES139
Hi Snoopysgirl: Thank You for replying. I have Tiger 10.4.11 not Leopard. Do you think that makes a difference. I reported it to Apple, maybe 10-15 times. I do all my updates and just updated Firefox. I just keep wishing it will go away.

Where do I find the Apple support page? Thank You
Here is a link to the Apple support page:

http://www.apple.com/support/

I am sorry, I didn't know you had Tiger, and I haven't heard about problems with that. Perhaps it is more of a problem with Safari and the current flash player version. It is definitely the flash player, though, because that is what comes up on my computer, also. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

---------- SnoopysGirl added 2 Minutes and 18 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by ilexicon
I feel really bad for all of us that are having these Mac/Webkinz problems...but I sure am glad to know it isn't just me! Just since I updated to the latest version of Firefox, I have been really noticing the incessant (yet, inconsistent) crashing. I have Leopard (10.5.4) and Firefox 3, but I was also just on my Mom's computer and the same thing happened on 10.4.11 (I think it was .11...the latest 10.4 version), I didn't think to check if she had the new version of Firefox, but it happened with both Firefox and Safari. I totally suspect that it is a flash player/mac problem (it has been a Webkinz (intensive flash) only issue for me), but there's not much I can do but wait and find a work around. I have all the latest updates and there is no way I'm going backwards (that would cause as many headaches).

But in the meantime, I have found a possible solution (not sure if it is my 'solution' or chance....over the past few weeks it goes from constant instant crashing to a day of all hunky dory)...anyway, for a day now I have been exiting Firefox everytime I logout (especially between changing accounts)...being sure that I have Preferences set to clear all private data upon closing Firefox. For a day now, all is fine as long and I actually exit Firefox. If I just clear the private data while it is open, then Firefox has quit on me. I don't want to lose anymore KC than I have over this!

Hoping for smooth running software (and hardware) for all! (I do believe in Miracles!! ) Meanwhile, it isn't so bad when I'm forced off Webkinz and can get myself to do other productive and creative activites!

oh yea...here is link to apple support contact info:
http://www.apple.com/support/contact/
Ooo, thanks for the tip, ilexicon! I'll have to try that! Yes, I notice that if I constantly reset safari, it works better - not consistently, but better.

---------- SnoopysGirl added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by abrookeg2000
I have the same problem! Here's my question though. Our family has a Dell and an Apple. We used the Dell for Webkinz up until about a week ago when we sold it. Now we're using the Apple for Webkinz. Does anyone notice an extreme slowness/sloppiness issue when on Webkinz using Safari or Firefox? Games, Alyssa's Star Challange, and the Gem Hunt are so slow compared to Windows! Is that fixable? Thanks!:abn:
Not sure, abrookeg - try clearing out your cache and cookies and see if that helps. It could be your internet connection as well. Also, was your computer doing an update, perhaps? Lots of different things can cause a slow computer. You may try to take it to a Mac genius and see if they can tell you what the problem might be. They are very helpful with things like that

Last edited by SnoopysGirl; 09-11-2008 at 12:01 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Closed