Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

chicken little is sweet stuff
chicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuff

Default Unanswered: WW Acting Strange

Is it my imagination or does WW and WNKZ both seem a lot more squirrelly today. I have had both do things they have never done before. And opening multiple windows is impossible. Mozilla says their servers are down try again letter. Cache has been cleared. Any other suggestion?

Is it taking longer to get roberta now? How do they expect us to do WW if we spend all our time on WKNZ

chicken little

Last edited by chicken little; 08-19-2011 at 05:13 PM..
chicken little is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
T9850

T9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a hero
T9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a hero

Default Re: WW Acting Strange

Not sure... I don't know what "squirrely" means. If you mean snail speed, I'd agree with you.
T9850 is offline Male
Old 08-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #3

chicken little is sweet stuff
chicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuff

Mozilla keeps saying that their servers are down. Don't know if that is WW or MFirefox.. It also keeps telling me I have already found that peek. And you are right slooooow.

chicken little
chicken little is offline Female
Old 08-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

There has been a lot of glitches involving those two sites.
cheekyluver is offline Male
Old 08-20-2011, 02:08 AM   #5

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

On these websites, there are many system errors.
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Old 08-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
ow !!! I can fly

happy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to all

ww I had trouble with it when they added the adventer park and it was slow it wouldn't load adventer park at all and it didn't reaponed at all and that night was a bad night after that
happy1979 is offline Female
Old 08-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #7
GammaYaYa

cammieobrien has disabled reputation

Yes, the problems started when Adventure Park was launched, but the past two days have been ridiculous. SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. I've given up on finding Roberta, and I really liked the Adventure Park clothing. Over an hour each time and then I have trouble getting the prize. Keeps going to the IE white screen. Can't click on Wacky on either site. Adventure Park keeps freezing. WShop is weird. When I try to buy something, it goes to a black screen and I have to close the browser. I think Ganz needs to increase their servers. Remember a few Christmases ago [2007] when Ganz did not anticipate the number of adoptions, and it was crazy for months? They had to increase their servers then. I think they need to do it again. I have been a faithful fan and spent literally thousands of dollars on Webkinz, but I am reaching my patience limit. And it angers me that I have no recourse or ability to retrieve any of the monies spent like any other collection. I would love to sell some of my accounts to recoup some of my expenses, but Ganz won't allow it. I think it should be tested in the courts. Seems to me to be unconstitutional. I purchased these items. I should be able to sell them. Anyone else agree?
cammieobrien is offline Female
Old 08-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #8
Catchatiger
Banned
Pigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by cammieobrien
I have been a faithful fan and spent literally thousands of dollars on Webkinz, but I am reaching my patience limit. And it angers me that I have no recourse or ability to retrieve any of the monies spent like any other collection. I would love to sell some of my accounts to recoup some of my expenses, but Ganz won't allow it. I think it should be tested in the courts. Seems to me to be unconstitutional. I purchased these items. I should be able to sell them. Anyone else agree?

Ganz cant stop you from selling anything, it is yours and you own it, they dont. There are at least 2 website places where people sell entire accounts or past year items. I just saw someone buy a 1st year halloween wallpaper for $200 !

My family and 4 of my relatives filed a complaint with the Canadian better business bureau about webkinz. you can do it online at www.bbb.com. they were super nice and actually snail mailed us copies of the complaint and then webkinz had to reply. they sent that to us too. webkinz gave the usual blah blah blah that they are awarethey have all the issues we listed and they working on it. We are going to file again becuz this is ridiculous

we get kicked off of webkinz every time we pull it up and the same with WKN. the cable internet guy just was here and said everything is 100% AOK that it is webkinz. as he stood here we pulled up a ton of websites and browsed all over but when we pulled up webkinz the DSL shut off and had to pull up again. this happens constantly on Webkinz. he said he thinks they have a ton of adware and spyware on all their ads! and our virus programs are not letting us get these AND/OR they just pile up so badly on the computer as you play on webkinz that it is almost like a virus! My neighbor is a GEEK at best buy and he stopped by to look at our comp and he agreed. there are too mny cookies and 'bad' things on the zillions of ads on webkinz

we are past fed up and havent bought any webkinz anything for a long long time. I have posted this before! until people stop buying things and supporting them they will not get the message! file a BBB complaint! if you want to all support each other in this then we have to act like this is any other business that is not delivering a product! would you put up with this kind of service from your internet provider or face book or other sites you play on? Webkinz doesn't care! Make them care!
Pigs Fly is offline Female
Old 08-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #9
GammaYaYa

cammieobrien has disabled reputation

Pigs Fly, thanks for the info. I have read repeatedly that Ganz scours sites for any items being sold. And if they identify the account, they close it. Have you heard of that happening to anyone? I know ebay will have codes for sale of estore items. I have bought a few myself. Not much they can do there, but if someone tries to sell an account and lists all the items, Ganz would be able to identify the account.
cammieobrien is offline Female
Old 08-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #10
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted
NedOwl has disabled reputation

If by squirelly you mean WW freezes after certain actions (such as pressing 'back to kinzpost' in kinzpost) that is actually due to the newest version of Flash. Adobe have done something weird with it.

I've not had any problems with WKN.

View Post Originally Posted by cammieobrien
Pigs Fly, thanks for the info. I have read repeatedly that Ganz scours sites for any items being sold. And if they identify the account, they close it. Have you heard of that happening to anyone? I know ebay will have codes for sale of estore items. I have bought a few myself. Not much they can do there, but if someone tries to sell an account and lists all the items, Ganz would be able to identify the account.
Found this via everything webkinz:-

Quote:
Ganz has announced very clearly that selling Webkinz Items and Webkinz Accounts online on sites such as Ebay and others is a violation of the Webkinz World user agreement.

Here is the text of the announcement:

Over the past few months we have seen a rise in the number of members who have been selling and auctioning off online items (such as pet specific items and exclusive items) and even whole Webkinz accounts.

We want to make it very clear that these practices are in direct violation of our User Agreement and are strictly forbidden. Any account used in the selling of online items or listed for sale or auction will be terminated, without notice, at our discretion. We are very serious about stopping this activity.

Note that this includes the practice of claiming that the virtual item sold is "free", while selling something of little value.

Members are free to conduct in-world trades of Webkinz World items as they choose, but for no outside compensation of any kind, financial or otherwise. Trading through KinzPost is not secure though and we do not recommend the practice.

So no you cannot sell items such as accounts or virtual items. There's nothing to stop you selling unused pet codes though as far as I know because those cost you money in the first place and you haven't used them so would be the same as selling the plush as far as I know (Although ebayUK don't allow codes to be sold so over here where I am it has to be code+plush or just plush that are sold but ebayUS don't appear to have that rule) but you cannot sell anything from within your account or an actual account.

The reasons why this is is because you could sell someone an account and then change the password on them, possibly after they've bought more stuff for it or just to keep the money and the account for yourself and virtual items too is as scammy as trading via kinzpost.

Is there no younger member of your family who likes Webkinz you could give your account to if you no longer want it?

View Post Originally Posted by Pigs Fly
My neighbor is a GEEK at best buy and he stopped by to look at our comp and he agreed. there are too mny cookies and 'bad' things on the zillions of ads on webkinz
If you think it's purely the ads causing problems, install adblock plus so that you won't see any embedded ads on any website OR go to your options in WW (go to your pets selection screen and then click 'my options' ) and tick the box that says 'turn off ads from companies other than webkinz/ganz'

Last edited by NedOwl; 08-22-2011 at 08:56 AM..
Closed