Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #11
Harry Potter is
Gifted

thekatie0409 is just really nicethekatie0409 is just really nice

Default Re: Webkinz trading rooms MAJOR PROBLEM! :(

View Post Originally Posted by Shandree
I went back to webkinz and looked through the guides and I have one question: How was I to know? I looked for info in the main guide and guide in the room at the red tables and found nothing. I am curious how everyone else found out this info. I think I will phone webkinz tomorrow and ask that they make this info more obvious because other people will most likely also end up losing precious items.
I just assumed it was like this, I dont take chances with my items. If there is no way to know, though, then they should make that clear, so people like you don't get roped into thinking something that isn't true. Good luck calling them.
thekatie0409 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2009, 01:43 AM   #12
Webkinz :)

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I would second the idea of trading small items in regular Kinz Chat to get used to the system. Everything on the trading table will be traded, regardless of the color of the faces, if you click "ready to trade" and then confirm. That is neither a scam nor a glitch.

One thing people DO try to scam you with is having several items on the table, then pulling out the best one just before clicking "ready to trade". Often the graphics don't keep up, and it LOOKS like the item is still there, but isn't. (Even without trying to scam, sometimes items look like they're still there, but aren't. Check to see if the smiley face is still there, either red or green, - if it's not, the item is gone. )

Signs that someone may be scamming: refusing to remove a small item that you have repeatedly said you don't want, putting items back in that you said you don't want, or moving items around from one spot on the table to another. If someone has clicked "ready to trade", and you suspect that an item is no longer there, cancel by clicking on one of your items, check to see if the smileys are with the items you want, then YOU click on "ready to trade". This puts you in control of making sure that everything you want is really there. If the other party confirms the trade, great. If the item was gone, then you're dealing with a scammer - LEAVE before you get burned.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 07-14-2009, 02:05 AM   #13
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by thekatie0409
I'm not sure, but I think even if he made it red if it's still on your thing it gets traded. If you don't want it to be part of a trade, you should remove it, even if it's red, to make sure it doesn't happen again. That way you can be sure you don't trade away items you don't want to.
This is correct. Whatever is in the slots, whether green or red, will be traded when you click "trade". Selecting green or red faces lets each of you know about the other person's preferences, but it does not prevent those items from being traded. You need to drag them back into your dock for that.

View Post Originally Posted by Shandree
I went back to webkinz and looked through the guides and I have one question: How was I to know? I looked for info in the main guide and guide in the room at the red tables and found nothing. I am curious how everyone else found out this info. I think I will phone webkinz tomorrow and ask that they make this info more obvious because other people will most likely also end up losing precious items.
There is really no information anywhere that explains how the controls in the trading room work. There was a really great Guide written on it here about a month ago. It was well thought out and organized, but it was pulled.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:25 AM   #14
Gift Guru

tkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by Ritzcracker
One thing people DO try to scam you with is having several items on the table, then pulling out the best one just before clicking "ready to trade". Often the graphics don't keep up, and it LOOKS like the item is still there, but isn't. (Even without trying to scam, sometimes items look like they're still there, but aren't. Check to see if the smiley face is still there, either red or green, - if it's not, the item is gone. )

Signs that someone may be scamming: refusing to remove a small item that you have repeatedly said you don't want, putting items back in that you said you don't want, or moving items around from one spot on the table to another. If someone has clicked "ready to trade", and you suspect that an item is no longer there, cancel by clicking on one of your items, check to see if the smileys are with the items you want, then YOU click on "ready to trade". This puts you in control of making sure that everything you want is really there. If the other party confirms the trade, great. If the item was gone, then you're dealing with a scammer - LEAVE before you get burned.
That's great info! I wish you'd put it into a guide or something.

Quote:
There is really no information anywhere that explains how the controls in the trading room work. There was a really great Guide written on it here about a month ago. It was well thought out and organized, but it was pulled.
Did they say why? Maybe the guide could be fixed or something? I think a guide for the trading room is an excellent idea, especially if it has tips for avoiding common scams.
tkprit is offline Female
Old 07-14-2009, 08:01 AM   #15
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

Oh see, you have to remove an item from your trading boxes that you don't want to trade. The faces don't determine what is traded. They are only a communication device between you and the other trader on what is liked and disliked. Once someone gives you red faces, remove those items immediately. If they click on "trade" before you have had a chance just click on your item and it will take you out of that mode so you can remove your items.
Tula is offline Female
Old 07-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #16
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by tkprit
Quote:
Did they say why? Maybe the guide could be fixed or something? I think a guide for the trading room is an excellent idea, especially if it has tips for avoiding common scams.
I agree. 100%

Moderators only discuss their reasons for closing threads with the owner of the thread. Whatever their reasons, it was a loss to members of this forum.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #17
ebkinz fan

Shandree is a jewel in the roughShandree is a jewel in the rough

Just for the record the trade wasn't exactly "fair" according to the value guide my items were worth three times as much as the item I got. I phoned and inquired about getting the items back but no luck. I guess it says in the agreement that ganz isn't responsible for this sort of thing. I still think it is a bit strange that there's no info anywhere on the webkinz site stating that when you trade red faced items are traded too. All I am hoping for is a warning or a write up in the book to be made. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only person who has had this happen to them...and I am probably not the last. What I am going to do is make a thread in the suggestion section just to make sure ganz knows about my suggestion. I suggested it to the person on the phone as well.
The thread that was removed may have been removed because people started talking in detail about their trades on it. (If it was open, I wasn't here so I am not sure.) If it was locked then I am not sure why. Ganz should really take responsibility in making warnings like this though. :/
Shandree is offline Female
Old 07-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #18
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

If your trading partner said he did not want that item, he still gets it unless you put it back in your dock. So, like other people said, this is not a glitch. I am so sorry to say this, but it is true.
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Old 07-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #19

Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!

Hmm... try clearing your cache. This may be a scam. I am sorry. I can't believe people scam one another. It is just plain mean. Ganz says in the user agreement that they aren't responsible for stuff like this. Dealing in the GE is much better. I really hate trading in the clubhouse. People are not to be trusted. Ganz needs to fix something about this.
Dudeness is offline Female
Old 07-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #20
ebkinz fan

Shandree is a jewel in the roughShandree is a jewel in the rough

Well my thinking was that if he did not want it and it was red faced it would stop or cancel it from being traded since red means "stop" I guess I should have known better (I did remove items in some other trades but I felt lazy edit: and my computer sometimes lags when I try to move the items..) I hope this thread helps some other people realize this though. Later I'll make my suggestion thread so more people notice this issue. I know that Ganz probably can't make a thing about all the scams but a little warning about this would be nice. Thanks for all your input guys.
Shandree is offline Female
Closed

Tags
green, red, trade, trading