Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
ebkinz fan
Webkinz :)

Shandree is a jewel in the roughShandree is a jewel in the rough

Angry Answered: Webkinz trading rooms MAJOR PROBLEM! :(

I will not tell the details of this trade, I do not even remember them. Now I wish there was more info on how to keep yourself safe when trading in the trading rooms on webkinz though. I put up three items and the person trading made one green and two red. I made one of his items green that I wanted. I asked if that was good and he said yes. Then I accepted trade and I am around 90% sure my other items were red. We traded and I was happy for a few moments and decided to leave the trading room to try out my new item. To my disbelief my other two items were also gone...I guess in a way this must mean the existence of karma though, because I got a pretty cool deal the other day (that I actually felt a bit bad about) and one of the items I traded away was that one...
The problem with reporting this to webkinz is that I don't remember the offender's name or the room where it occured. I remember the items I had though.
On a side note another mean person said they didn't want my items which was fine. Then they traded with me again and said "you can have these" and then said "just kidding."
I guess I have to try to get enough posts to get into the gift exchange on here. I am more of a reader than a poster though and fear I won't be able to make enough.
Anyways my main point of this post is to ask if I can do anything about this. Any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again are welcome too...
Shandree is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Ritzcracker
I would second the idea of trading small items in regular Kinz Chat to get used to the system. Everything on the trading table will be traded, regardless of the color of the faces, if you click "ready to trade" and then confirm. That is neither a scam nor a glitch.

One thing people DO try to scam you with is having several items on the table, then pulling out the best one just before clicking "ready to trade". Often the graphics don't keep up, and it LOOKS like the item is still there, but isn't. (Even without trying to scam, sometimes items look like they're still there, but aren't. Check to see if the smiley face is still there, either red or green, - if it's not, the item is gone. )

Signs that someone may be scamming: refusing to remove a small item that you have repeatedly said you don't want, putting items back in that you said you don't want, or moving items around from one spot on the table to another. If someone has clicked "ready to trade", and you suspect that an item is no longer there, cancel by clicking on one of your items, check to see if the smileys are with the items you want, then YOU click on "ready to trade". This puts you in control of making sure that everything you want is really there. If the other party confirms the trade, great. If the item was gone, then you're dealing with a scammer - LEAVE before you get burned.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2009, 11:09 PM   #2
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Webkinz trading rooms MAJOR PROBLEM! :(

it is a glitch that has been happening, logging out and in fixes it and clearing your cache never hurts you ain't unl\ucky
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 07-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
Harry Potter is
Gifted

thekatie0409 is just really nicethekatie0409 is just really nice

I'm not sure, but I think even if he made it red if it's still on your thing it gets traded. If you don't want it to be part of a trade, you should remove it, even if it's red, to make sure it doesn't happen again. That way you can be sure you don't trade away items you don't want to.
thekatie0409 is offline Female
Old 07-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
ebkinz fan

Sorry for discussing my trades on here if isn't allowed too. I got extremely upset and it was in the heat of the moment. I will take this down if it really is nessisary even though it's a bug/hack or something...I tried clearing my cache and logging in and out. Still gone.
Yeah that's what I am thinking. :/ I thought I traded with other people and didn't get their items though. weird.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #5
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

maybe you forgot to put them back when you traded
Old 07-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #6
Gift Guru

tkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clown

I think if it's on the trading table, it goes with the trade regardless of the color. That's how it's always worked for me. (Then again I'm not a huge trader!)
tkprit is offline Female
Old 07-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #7
ebkinz fan

I wish I had known about that beforehand...Thanks anyways guys.
I wonder if anyone else ever had this happen to them...
Old 07-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #8
I'm a learning
Gifted

Yeah, all the items on the table are traded, reguardless of or
Old 07-13-2009, 11:34 PM   #9
illiam has a bunny

Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art
Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art

Hello Shadree,

I'm sorry to say that even if your items have red faces on them, THEY WILL BE TRADED if you hit the trade button! This is not a glitch, it is the way that trading works. I don't really think this is the other person's fault, because they probably figured you would take your items off if you didn't want to trade them. I've traded items to people before that they marked as red, just because I felt that it was a fair trade to include them.

As for the other person being rude to you.....that is an unfortunate consequence of trading with Kinz Chat+. It happens all the time, and as sad as it is, remember that many (most!) of the users of WW are children, and they may not know what is kind or nice, or they may not care. I have been reported before by someone whom I did not want their items, so it is unfortunate, but not too surprising.

My advice for you is to spend more time trading items of lesser value, just until you understand how the system works. Regular Kinz chat might be a better place, because the entire trade moves at a slower pace, and people can't be as rude to you there (there are still ways they can be rude though!!! )

Good luck, and I hope to see you in the trading rooms someday!
Bindidog is offline Female
Old 07-13-2009, 11:53 PM   #10
ebkinz fan

I went back to webkinz and looked through the guides and I have one question: How was I to know? I looked for info in the main guide and guide in the room at the red tables and found nothing. I am curious how everyone else found out this info. I think I will phone webkinz tomorrow and ask that they make this info more obvious because other people will most likely also end up losing precious items.
Closed

Tags
green, red, trade, trading