Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
You are Beautiful!
Polkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Answered: Webkinz Package Not Here Yet!

Okay, so a while back, my mom won a Webkinz Signature Raccoon for me on ebay. It was shipped out on the 16th of December, and it still isn't here! It was shipped from a nieghboring state of ours. I'm a little dissapointed because it was going to be a Christmas present. It's first class so we had no luck tracking it. My mom contacted the seller and they couldn't track it either. I went into the Post Office with my mom and apparently the post office said that the package could be with UPS or FedEx because sometimes they contract out to them. They couldn't track it either. I know that around Christmas time, the packages tend to ship a little slower, but it's already been 10 or so buissness days (excluding Saturdays). What concerns me is that we got a package from across the US within a week.

I was talking to my dad about the issue and he said that he got a letter four months overdue because the truck that had been carrying it crashed and caught on fire! The letter was mailed to my dad and the corners were all chared. Could this be the case with my Raccoon?

If there is anyone that has had experience with postage, please tell me when I can expect my package. Thank you!
Polkadot54 is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by marnabear
First class mail can be tracked to a certain extent if the post office is doing its job correctly. You should see that the package actually got to the post office and then the next thing you probably will see is that it got to a post office near you. All mail to my local post office goes to a nearby city to be distributed and when I have a tracking number I can see that it gets there or leaves there and then probably the next thing I will see is that it was delivered. If you have seen nothing but the post office was notified to expect the package for shipping, then it is very likely your seller forgot to mail it. I am sure it was an oversight, but don't believe you can't track first class. The last thing I got from Ebay was sent first class and I was able to track that it got the the original post office and left from there. Then I panicked a bit when the next message said it was in Alaska, but that's because someone entered the zip code of the post office incorrectly.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
Friends Always!
Webkinz :)

My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds
My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds

Default Re: Webkinz Package Not Here Yet!

While I can't track your package for you, I can tell you that you do have some rights with ebay. It is the seller's responsibility to get your package to you. If they didn't put delivery confirmation on it, then they cannot prove that you do or don't have it. Therefore, if you file a claim against them (for item not received), you will win. You may not get your raccoon, but you should get your money back and can buy it again from a more responsible seller. The responsibility is on the ebay seller to either prove delivery or get you the item. If your mom paid by Paypal, then you're definitely covered for the purchase cost. Even if not, you do have a good chance of winning if they can't prove delivery.

Have your mom contact the seller again and if they are still unable to prove delivery, have her file an 'item not received' claim against them. The ebay site will walk her through how to do that. Again, it may not get you your item, but it will recover the money. Please make her aware that ebay has timeframes for this claim, so if she doesn't file a claim within their time limit, they can't help. Again, the ebay site has all this information.

In a side note, though, the post office is STILL delivering packages, so you may have just gotten caught up in the rush. A friend in Germany (I'm in the US) JUST got her package from me today. And a package that a friend in a neighboring state sent to me around the the 16th as well, still hasn't arrived. So it may be out there. Without delivery confirmation, which your seller should have put on her package, there's no way of knowing. Put the burden back on them to get this to you.

Good luck. I know you want the raccoon. This is frustrating!

Last edited by My Escape; 12-29-2009 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 12-29-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
Diabetes Awareness

iluvlabs is a glorious beacon of lightiluvlabs is a glorious beacon of lightiluvlabs is a glorious beacon of light

I won a Webkinz on eBay Dec 5th, it was shipped Dec 7th and arrived TODAY. Another eBay item was won Nov 26th and didn't arrive until Christmas Eve. It wasn't the sellers that were slow as both the tracking # they provided and the date stamp on the package show they mailed the package within 2 days of the auction end. It's the postal system that's slow.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
hy am I STILL a

london is just really nicelondon is just really nice

I can't help you track it, but I hope you find it so soon! Poor thing about the truck on fire...
Well I don't think the owners will buy you a new one, it will never hurt to ask!

I hope you find out what had happened to it, and hope you get it ASAP. You are very lucky to get a Signature Raccoon. Well too bad about it being a Christmas present, but at least you might get it!
london is offline Female
Old 12-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #5

Iceflower will become famous soon enough

OMG!! that is really sad. i would be heartbroken if mine didn't come. you could try to contact the seller and get your money back, then buy from a more responsible seller. Or you could pay for shipping insurance for your packages.

Good Luck!!!
Iceflower is offline Female
Old 12-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
e all know you love

Webbykin56 is a jewel in the roughWebbykin56 is a jewel in the rough

That's terrible about the burning truck! If I were you, I would contact the seller and tell them what happened. Then you should probably get paid back. Like everyone else said, I can't help out, sorry but I hope that you either get the signature raccoon, and the truck didn't burn! If it did burn, I hope the driver and if possible, passengers, were okay!

Also, it may just be a little slow. I don't know anything about postal service, but it could take awhile for items to arrive. You may have just gotten lucky when you got it within a week. I got an item and it took about a month, and plus, it just depends on where it came from.

Last edited by Webbykin56; 12-29-2009 at 07:22 PM..
Old 12-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #7
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

When I have won webkinz on ebay even though they send them first class they almost always ask for delivery confirmation so the package can be tracked. Your seller was very remiss not to do so.

One time I had something that arrived at the post office where all out of town packages get sorted before they arrive at the local post office and there was no trace of it after that. I tried calling the local post office but there was nothing to be done, so the seller sent me another one.

I had a package that was sent around the same time as yours but it came across country. I was worried about it because the tracking showed that it went to Alaska, and I live in the state of Washington. The post office had the last three digits of the zip code wrong for the tracking information and it came yesterday.

If this came from a neighboring state it should be there by now. If your mom has already contacted the seller and gotten no satisfaction then she should file a claim to get her money back.
I hope you have luck and are able to get the raccoon. I think that is one of the cutest signature pets.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 12-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #8
You are Beautiful!
Polkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by My Escape
While I can't track your package for you, I can tell you that you do have some rights with ebay. It is the seller's responsibility to get your package to you. If they didn't put delivery confirmation on it, then they cannot prove that you do or don't have it. Therefore, if you file a claim against them (for item not received), you will win. You may not get your raccoon, but you should get your money back and can buy it again from a more responsible seller. The responsibility is on the ebay seller to either prove delivery or get you the item. If your mom paid by Paypal, then you're definitely covered for the purchase cost. Even if not, you do have a good chance of winning if they can't prove delivery.

Have your mom contact the seller again and if they are still unable to prove delivery, have her file an 'item not received' claim against them. The ebay site will walk her through how to do that. Again, it may not get you your item, but it will recover the money. Please make her aware that ebay has timeframes for this claim, so if she doesn't file a claim within their time limit, they can't help. Again, the ebay site has all this information.

In a side note, though, the post office is STILL delivering packages, so you may have just gotten caught up in the rush. A friend in Germany (I'm in the US) JUST got her package from me today. And a package that a friend in a neighboring state sent to me around the the 16th as well, still hasn't arrived. So it may be out there. Without delivery confirmation, which your seller should have put on her package, there's no way of knowing. Put the burden back on them to get this to you.

Good luck. I know you want the raccoon. This is frustrating!
Thank you so much! The seller did put Dilivery Conformation on the package because we know that it has been shipped on the 16th, it's just that we have been told that First Class mail cannot be tracked. I'm not sure why, but tracking items never seems to work. This is what comes up,
Note: Tracking information may be transmitted with a delay. Please check back later to view updated information.

Also when using the USPS site to track and confirm the package, this is what comes up,
Class: First-Class Mail
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 16, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Thank you again!

Thank you to everyone who posted on this thread! I appriciate you trying to help me! If the package doesn't arrive by Friday, I'm going to send another message to the seller and probably ask for the money back. Hopefully this won't have to happen! I think I will keep the thread open a little bit longer to see if I can get some more answers. Thank you!

Last edited by Polkadot54; 12-29-2009 at 09:28 PM..
Polkadot54 is offline Female
Old 12-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 16, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This message is sent from ebay. This does not even mean that the seller put the package in the mail. I know this because it just happened to me too. The seller had a whole bunch of stuff to mail. They printed out the mailing info online and dropped it off at the post office. Problem is that my box was left behind and did not get mailed. It was awful.

So for all you know your package is at you sellers house stuck in a corner. Don't worry about it. That's what Mom's are for. Just remember that next motheres day? You legally have the right to get your money back.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 12-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
Friends Always!

My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds
My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by adrkmfdm
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 16, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This message is sent from ebay. This does not even mean that the seller put the package in the mail. I know this because it just happened to me too. The seller had a whole bunch of stuff to mail. They printed out the mailing info online and dropped it off at the post office. Problem is that my box was left behind and did not get mailed. It was awful.

So for all you know your package is at you sellers house stuck in a corner. Don't worry about it. That's what Mom's are for. Just remember that next motheres day? You legally have the right to get your money back.
LOL! I love your 'That's what moms are for" comment! And you're exactly right that it doesn't mean it actually got mailed. However, to throw a curve in here, sometimes the post office gets lazy and doesn't scan in the tracking like they should. However, that's something you can ask them to do while you're dropping off packages at the counter. Ultimately, bottom line here, it is the sellers responsibility to get the package to you, no matter what. And you shouldn't have to pay for insurance if it's been paid for by paypal, another piece of info your mom can use. So if the seller tries to tell you that you didn't purchase insurance, it's a moot point.

I'm sure the seller is reputable. Things just happen sometimes. But you deserve either the raccoon or the money, no matter what.
Closed