Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 04:07 AM   #1
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

Arrow Unanswered: Webkinz off eBay?

Have you ever bought a webkinz off eBay? Did it go well? Did the code work? I'm considering buying a couple off eBay, but my mom thinks that the ones who sell Webkinz for a couple bucks cheaper than they are at gift stores then they are just scammming me.
My parents bought be my Basset Hound and St. Bernard off eBay for Christmas last year, but they paid ALOT of money for them, it wasn't some cheap deal.
I've convinced myself to only trust the lots that say ' New with sealed code ' in their title.
I haven't adopted a webkinz for a few months now and I'm really desperate to adopt a new one lol, but I don't have all the money in the world ( yes, I pay for my own webkinz ). So I was considering using my mom's eBay account to buy a couple of webkinz ( I pay her in cash after she pays with the credit card ). Do you think I should consider doing this? Or should I just buy the webkinz from a gift shop to be a thousand percent sure that I get the code? Thanks
Livi is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2008, 06:18 AM   #2
Gifted

Kimber21 is a forum hero
Kimber21 is a forum heroKimber21 is a forum heroKimber21 is a forum heroKimber21 is a forum heroKimber21 is a forum heroKimber21 is a forum heroKimber21 is a forum heroKimber21 is a forum heroKimber21 is a forum heroKimber21 is a forum heroKimber21 is a forum heroKimber21 is a forum hero

Default Re: Webkinz off eBay?

I've purchased alot of Webkinz from e-Bay and everything worked out fine for me. If you decide to go to e-Bay, look at their rating, your Mom can show you where. I purchase from people who have 100% ratings, prices cheaper than my store and low or free shipping.
Enjoy your new pet, however you purchase it.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:25 AM   #3
Gift Guru

dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!

srry i havent puchased any from e-bay so i cant help
dreamb97 is offline Female
Old 08-09-2008, 06:29 AM   #4
Webkinz :)

skyykitten101 is on a distinguished road

Ive never purchesed anything off there as far as webkinz. Just check ratings and how many trades and remember you might not win. You have the world bidding against you.
skyykitten101 is offline Female
Old 08-09-2008, 06:37 AM   #5
Maddog2008

Sherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

I've probably bought 50 or more of my webkinz off of ebay and I have never had a problem or been scammed in anyway. If you or your parents are scared of being scammed..I suggest that you check the sellers feedback score and comments before buying from them and that will let you know what type of seller you are dealing with.
Sherbert_Mama is offline Female
Old 08-09-2008, 06:38 AM   #6
5 kids=hard to be a
Gift Guru

missi is a glorious beacon of lightmissi is a glorious beacon of lightmissi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Livi,
I have purchased lots of regular and hard to find Webkinz, tag-only Webkinz, and all sorts of other Webkinz stuff off eBay and have never had a problem. Just look at the seller's feedback and look for deals on shipping. If you pay too much for shipping, you end up paying more for your Webkinz than in the store. Some sellers will offer a discount on shipping if you buy more than one...

Good luck!
missi is offline Female
Old 08-09-2008, 06:44 AM   #7
playemed
angelann is on a distinguished road

i buy from one seller on ebay. she's reasonable and free shipping.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:53 AM   #8

soaper75 is an unknown quantity at this point

They've all given you good advice. I have bought many, many pets on eBay. You MUST watch the feedback, and you MUST watch the shipping and handling. If your mom has Pay Pal, she is protected by scams, so ask her about that. I've been scammed twice, not with Webkinz, but other things, and Pay Pal returned my money right away and sought the scammer for me.

Good luck!
soaper75 is offline Female
Old 08-09-2008, 07:01 AM   #9
i'm extra specially
Gifted

mom2ba is a splendid one to beholdmom2ba is a splendid one to beholdmom2ba is a splendid one to beholdmom2ba is a splendid one to behold

i agree with what has been said here. i have bought several webbies off e-bay with no problems.
if you are concerned with individual sellers teh ones with the e-bay stores may be a better bet for you. they usually have good deals and are have more trades and have a reputation to uphold. the other thing is that you are likely to be able to buy it now, which saves the waiting abd chance of not getting them, and offferes you more seletion for multiple purchases from one seller, and usually combined shipping costs.
just remember to read the listings carefullly as there are teh occasional ones that are selling plushie ONLY, and like has been said before watch the shipping costs.

good luck.
mom2ba is offline Female
Old 08-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #10
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

I too have had a lot of good luck with eBay. I have never experienced any problems. There were a few sellers that I found very dependable, so I stick with them. Thankfully, the specialty stores in my area get them on a regular basis now, so I can get them much quicker by picking them up locally. Should you decide to purchase from eBay, I would recommend following everyone's advice and making sure you check the feedback scores and comments.
kayembee is offline Female
Closed