Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 04:24 PM   #21
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

sindarin has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Webkinz- Major PROBLEMS!!!!!

Things are constantly getting stuck in my room and I have lost things in the past, also.
Our World Wide Web, by the way, is being used up to it's fullest capacity, too. My husband informed me that since everything has grown, including population, that this could be a source of technology problems. Just a thought....

Still can't get into the E Store for two (2) days now.....wrote Ganz about it too.

I think they're a bunch of scammers anyway...only because: people keep getting ripped off from their products and website. And.........their Customer Service people just don't care. I ran into one nice lady only...in the course of 8 months.*** If their Customer Service people were really honest and caring, then I wouldn't have such strong, negative opinions on W World and their corporation.
sindarin is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #22
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

bangkokyankee knows the way
bangkokyankee knows the waybangkokyankee knows the way

I hate to bust your bubble but if last year is anything to compare with Christmas will be worse - too much traffic I think
(of course that was when webkinz was still new and everybody got their new Christmas webkinz gifts ) I really wish Ganz would re-invest our money on a better server

I love the post that there's a lot to do in webkinz in a ten minute period - you must be really patient - it really bnugs me when I'm playing one of the games and get logged out at level 12 or higher

anyway I'll trudge along -keeping smiling
Old 11-23-2008, 06:00 PM   #23

katiepotatie is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the posts, but I still do not know what to do... Does anyone have a solution to this madness?

THANK YOU!!!!
katiepotatie is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #24
Dotty5767
Gifted

michelesobo is on a distinguished road

Ganz has to fix it on their end. I called them and they said they are working on it. I wish I had a better suggestion. I have pretty much just taken a webkinz vacation. I can't stand being logged off and failing courses, losing games...
Old 11-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #25
4girls4me is an unknown quantity at this point

aside from calling Ganz yet again and waiting, there really isn't much you can do. Someone here posted that the server is on a 10 minute refresh cycle and Ganz "is working on it" well, it's been about a month and it's still happening and is frustrating as heck. I have emailed them (no response of course) calls fall on deaf ears. I wish there aws more that could be done but other than marching into their headquarters and having a face to face conversation with someone, I don't think ther eis much we can do but wait. I am not buying any new webbies, my kids will not get any for christmas this year, it's too frustrating right now
Old 11-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #26
fireweedfox is an unknown quantity at this point

It is driving me batty too. Just ARG! So exceedingly frustrating!

My thought though is that the more calls and emails they get complaining, the faster they will move to fix things.

That is just my thought.

But if enough people call and complain, especially mentioning how they aren't buying any more webbies....I think eventually it will sink in.

I just think that since they are a giant company that it takes a long time for the "top people" to hear about the problem.
fireweedfox is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #27
Jules654 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've done all the fixes and still am logged out often, but I do continue making cash. Here's what I do:

When I first log in, I get my kinzcare, go to the magic forest and look for charms. Then I either garden, play with your pet or go answer quizzy questions. If you're logged out while gardening or playing with your pet, you haven't lost anything. Those credit you each time you answer one.

Once it has reset, I go for the more spendy items. I'll do my job and then get wishing well and wheel of WOW. I've been watching the clock and when it is close to reset time I go back to quizzy or I play a level or two of smoothies (that is 14-25 cash), closing out after a maximum of two levels, playing again until the reset. Sometimes this reset lets me look for charms again. Sometimes it doesn't. Once it has reset again, I go mining and do star hunt and back to quizzy.

For variety perhaps I'll play puzzle with a pet. It isn't as much fun as just getting on and being able to STAY on, but I still do get to enjoy and buy loot for the pets.

Hope this helps. Oh and I plan to call ganz.
j

<--- mandy <---- maurice
Jules654 is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 09:15 PM   #28
fireweedfox is an unknown quantity at this point

AAAAHHHHH!

I can't play anymore, the constant reloading is driving me BATTY! What should I do to waste my time now? *cackle* OK, OK, I guess I could go and fold the laundry...but I don't want to!
fireweedfox is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 11:57 PM   #29

Kayakinz is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by katiepotatie
Thanks for all the posts, but I still do not know what to do... Does anyone have a solution to this madness?

THANK YOU!!!!
The ONLY thing you can do is call Ganz. I've not only done all the possible changes & diagnostics to my own computer (knowing full well the problem isn't on my end!), I've actually monitored all the activity the site tries to access in that 10 minute period before it fails. It isn't pretty. It attempts to reach nearly 600 URLs on their servers (images, actions, you name it), and has just under a 10% failure rate for doing so. In most companies, the IT department would be called on the carpet for less than 99% performance; many are far more demanding, looking for 99.999%.

You can certainly try the following:

The obvious: Scan for viruses, spyware, etc. Empty cache, cookies, any temp internet files, etc.

Uninstall Flash & reinstall it. You need to use the tool on Adobe's site for the uninstall to ensure that ALL Flash files are removed. If you've been updating without the uninstall tool, you probably have a few corrupt Flash permissions files hanging around from old versions.

Install Firefox. As many people are reporting issues that span every known browser, I have no faith in this, but it can't hurt. If you already have it, remove it & reinstall it.

If you're using parental control software, Google "parental controls Webkinz problems". You'll find a whole host of other people finding it impossible to run WK without adding every single server on Ganz side to the safe list. As there are at least twice as many identified servers than are listed on Ganz' site, you may find it difficult to cover each one. Oh, and if you're using a firewall, make sure they're all added there too.

Shut down every open program except WK when you attempt to run it. It's a resource hog, consuming over 60% of my CPU--which is barely three months old. Every open program you have is going to slow things down further.

If you're on a wireless network, try plugging your machine directly into your DSL or cable modem. This will help you eliminate your wireless router as the problem.

Now to be scrupulously fair, I did find a few issues that I had to clean up doing all this--which, BTW, took 2 days of free time, including monitoring both my wireless router for dropped/slow connections while running WK, and doing activity scans every time I logged in. Sad to say, I've seen not a single change to WK performance. But if you feel you must try something, those are some places you can start.

If anyone has anything else to try, I'd love to hear it. Mostly all I hear is griping, and the only Ganz comment in writing seems to be a canned email response of "we're aware of the issue and we're working on it". Several people have reported being told various timelines, none of which have proven correct.

The problem appears to be on Ganz' side, and they seem to be far far far more interested in adding more garbage to the site rather than fixing existing issues. I'm waiting for them to at least acknowledge it publicly (not just in a few individual mails) and let us know that this is their absolute highest priority.

But I'm not holding my breath.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:07 AM   #30
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

You are not alone - I share in your logout frustration. I do hope that Ganz is working on the problem and it will be fixed soon. It didn't used to be this way.
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Closed