Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #11
Gift Guru

acourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talent

Default Re: Webkinz Locking Up

The problem is not necessarily with the internet provider. We have two different computers that are both connected to the same internet (through the same router) and one is running webkinz just fine...or at least the same as usual. The other suddenly gets stuck every time a please wait shows up. We have tried waiting and waiting and waiting for the please wait to clear, but it never does. Eventually, the browser gives up and we get the "not responding" message. This has been happening with firefox and explorer both. We have cleared the cache, reloaded the page, uninstalled, re-installed, checked every computer setting we can think of. At this point, we are thinking it's an operating system or adobe flash conflict but we cannot find a solution. We tried installing the exact versions of flash and firefox that we have on the computer that is running webkinz, but even that only worked temporarily.
acourt is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #12
Gift Guru

PaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roost

Donation Award 

I agree with pogokitty. I have the most problems with internet explorer. Lots of please wait and freezing up problems. Once I switched to Firefox, things worked a better. Still get the please wait and freezing up but not like I did with IE.

Also for some reason I have one account that is more glitchy than others, so I second the patience. I found if I wait in between clicks and make sure everything is loaded, things work a little more smoother just have to be a little more patient. But I still have the same problems too. I think ever since the maintenance on Wednesday, things haven't been running very well. You're not alone.

for kellyt
Also for whichever browser you have make sure to check for updates for your program. I just checked it yesterday and I had some updates that needed to install and that helped some also.
PaperButterfly is offline Female
Old 10-31-2009, 12:37 AM   #13
Webkinz :)

pogokitty123 is a jewel in the roughpogokitty123 is a jewel in the rough

Good, I hope please waits arent bad for everyone!
pogokitty123 is offline Female
Old 10-31-2009, 08:07 AM   #14
Webkinz :)

Webkinz_Widower is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, everyone. But I think I'm going to have to wait for Macromedia/Adobe to update Flash. I spent several hours yesterday installing and uninstalling older versions of Flash, all the way back to version 9.0.16 for both Firefox (my default browser) and Explorer. I also uninstalled Firefox and replaced it with older versions. I even installed the exact versions of Flash and Firefox running on the machine that doesn't have this problem. Nothing seems to work. I'm at a loss!

The "Please Wait..." I get is terminal. Once in happens, the only Webkinz item that responds is the Log Out button at the top right of the screen. One time, I let it wait for an hour. No go.

To quote Charlie Brown..."all I got was a rock."
Webkinz_Widower is offline Male
Closed