Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
I'm Backkk!!!!
Gift Trainee

xoL0VExo is just really nicexoL0VExo is just really nice

Default Answered: WI servers not found?

Well earlier today when I tried to visit WI, I kept on getting this search engine telling me that the servers were down or something like that. I tried the backways to get in (previous links, etc.) and still no luck. Finally, like 5 mintues ago it let me on. Was anybody else experiencing this or is it just my computer?
xoL0VExo is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Justin
View Post Originally Posted by lotusfairy
I have been having the same problem with WI since yesterday. Sometimes I can get in and sometimes I get the error message that says the address could not be found. I even get it while logged in and trying to go to a different page. This is the second time I have written this post because it got wiped out the first time by that error when I hit the "post reply" button. It is quite frustrating for my children because they are trying to become members here. I don't know if it is a problem with WI's servers or a problem with my internet service provider. I have AT&T.
It's neither. It's an issue with the hosting company's DNS server. Basically, the way that your computer knows where WI's servers are on the Internet. The "in-between" has been having issues since last night and many (myself included) couldn't reach the site for hours upon hours. We're using a third-party service now to manage the DNS entries so we won't have this problem again. It will still be a few hours before EVERYONE can get back on.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
Gifted

Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: WI servers not found?

Hmm.. I haven't had that problem. It could maybe have been your computer. Or maybe since this is such a big site, the host crashed down. Maybe you could try clearing your cache. Good luck!

-Sweets
Sweets2 is offline Female
Old 07-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

Yes, I had trouble with that earlier, but I've had no trouble getting on for hours now. If you were still seeing the error page, you may just have needed to clear your cache.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
Gifted

murphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roost

yeah i saw it, i thought i was the only one! thanks for stopping my worries!
murphy20071 is offline Female
Old 07-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
Gasp! I'm GREEN!
Gift Guru

lotusfairy is just really nicelotusfairy is just really nice

I have been having the same problem with WI since yesterday. Sometimes I can get in and sometimes I get the error message that says the address could not be found. I even get it while logged in and trying to go to a different page. This is the second time I have written this post because it got wiped out the first time by that error when I hit the "post reply" button. It is quite frustrating for my children because they are trying to become members here. I don't know if it is a problem with WI's servers or a problem with my internet service provider. I have AT&T.
lotusfairy is offline Female
Old 07-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
jj8
Gift Guru

jj8 has disabled reputation

nope no trouble with mio!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by lotusfairy
It's neither. It's an issue with the hosting company's DNS server. Basically, the way that your computer knows where WI's servers are on the Internet. The "in-between" has been having issues since last night and many (myself included) couldn't reach the site for hours upon hours. We're using a third-party service now to manage the DNS entries so we won't have this problem again. It will still be a few hours before EVERYONE can get back on.
Justin is offline Male
Old 07-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
I Forever Winter

Butterflies has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

Thank you, Justin, for that reassuring message! It is so unusual not to be able to reach our beloved WI! ... Now we know its not our computers or browsers!
Thank you for letting us know..
Butterflies is offline Female
Old 07-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Same here!

I was like freaking out cause I couldn't get on this morning, then I emailed Eeveeluver and found out that she could go on! So then I started to REALLY freak out and I ended up calling AT&T...

Wow, its been one hectic day!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #10
eleven wackies
Webkinz :)

KevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a hero
KevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a hero

I didn't get it. I was the only one on a 9:03 this morning!!!!!
KevinELevin is offline Male
Closed