| 02-18-2010, 06:22 PM || #2 |
Join Date: Jul 2007
| | Re: wi problem.... help? (im new and lost!)
Welcome to Webkinz Insider!
The picture under your name is known as an "Avatar" (you will also hear many members refer to it as an "avvie")
Uploading/editing your avatar is failly simple. In order to have a "custom" avatar, you must be a "webkinz." (Meaning you have over 10 posts on the forum. You can see your 'standing' located under your name when you post. You are currently a 'lil kinz.' Once you reach 10 posts or so, your standing will automatically change to a webkinz, and you will have full acess to the forum.)
Anyway, until you are a webkinz, you can still choose from some pre-uploaded avatars.
To do so, follow these instructions:
1. First, look up at the top of the page. Under the Webkinz Insider banner, you should see text saying "User CP," all the way on the left. Click the arrow next to this text.
2. A drop-down menu should appear. Select the 4th option down which reads, "Edit Avatar."
3. Here, you can choose from any of the provided avatars.
Once you are a webkinz, you can upload a custom avatar by continuing:
4. Select an avatar from a website, have one made by a member, or make one yourself. Save this avatar to your computer.
5. On the same page you left off on during step 3, scroll down past the provided avatars to the box which is headed, "Custom Avatar."
6. Click "browse" under option 2, and find the avatar from where you saved it on your computer.
7. Click save.
Please note: custom avatars have restrictions:
The maximum size of your custom image is 125 by 125 pixels or 48.8 KB (whichever is smaller).
If you need help finding an avatar, or don't understand any of the steps above, don't hestiate to ask me or any other member. Everyone here is happy to help
| || |